Enhance Your ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS and SOCIAL STUDIES Instruction Using Practical Multimedia and Digital Tools (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Tommy Whalen
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades 6-12: English Language Arts and Social Studies Classroom Teachers, Technology Specialists, Library/Media Specialists Instructional Coaches, and Administrators
- Best cutting-edge digital tools to maximize the power of multimedia to strengthen your students' success in English and Social Studies classrooms
- Dozens of practical strategies to integrate free and low-cost media and digital tools into your current and future lesson plans
- Innovative ways to present your classroom content and enhance your students' learning
- Receive an extensive multimedia and digital tools digital resource handbook filled with practical ideas you can immediately implement in your ELA or Social Studies classroom
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This outstanding NEW seminar is specially designed for Grades 6-12 English/Language Arts and Social Studies educators who want to maximize the power of multimedia in the classroom and learn or improve their use of cutting-edge digital tools for strengthening student learning. Outstanding educator and media creator, Tommy Whalen, will show you how to tap into the power of multimedia and take advantage of some easy-to-learn digital tools specifically for grades 6-12 ELA and Social Studies teachers and students.
Maximize the power of multimedia with easy-to-integrate digital tools to help you strengthen student content learning, facilitate assessment, encourage student voice, boost creativity and much more! Tommy will share practical and timesaving strategies for streamlining everyday workflows in your secondary ELA and Social Studies classroom. Whether you are new to working with media in the classroom, or are an experienced user, you'll leave this seminar with a wealth of use-tomorrow ideas.
You will also receive an extensive digital resource handbook with step-by-step instructions for utilizing all the tools and apps presented in this seminar to reinforce and extend your learning after the seminar.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Enhance Your ELA and Social Studies Lessons with Free and Low-Cost Media Resources
Create lesson plans that incorporate media in new and innovative ways … Experience a transformation that will get the attention of your students and help them retain more content
- Increase Your Repertoire of Videos that Directly Support Your ELA and Social Studies Content
Learn timesaving, collaborative, and problem-solving multimedia-related techniques to provide higher quality instruction and increase your students' retention of new learning
- Innovative New Media-Based Teaching Tools and Techniques That Capture the Attention of Today's Learners
Learn the crucial components of effective multimedia … Gain practical ideas to develop powerful instructional assets that will promote greater student success
- Improve the Quality of Your Students' Independent Work
Get ready for more attentive student interaction with your required ELA and Social Studies content … Greatly Increase student buy-in through media practices that will immediately enhance your curriculum
- Create More Practical and Authentic ELA and Social Studies Content Assessments
Explore innovative new ways to use multimedia tools for more effective assessment of your students' learning
- Use Audio and Video Essentials to Instantly Boost Your Students' Interest in Learning
Employ easily learned media strategies and tools used by media professionals to enhance classroom content and increase student interest … It's easier than you think, and the impact is huge!
- Innovative Ways to Use Common Media Devices to Drastically Enhance Your ELA and Social Studies Lessons
Enhance your current curriculum with a variety of highly effective media-related approaches and devices … Doable ideas your students will love!
- Innovative New Ways to Help Your Students Show Their Own Learning
Increase your students' ability to demonstrate mastery of their ELA and Social Studies content with innovative, engaging alternative ways of presenting their understanding of knowledge and concepts
- Maximize Your ELA and Social Studies Lessons with Innovative New Media-Based Teaching Techniques
Learn innovative new ways to keep the focus on rigor and relevance in your ELA and Social Studies classroom while instantly providing more interesting and engaging instruction for your students
- Receive an Extensive Multimedia and Digital Tools Digital Resource Handbook
Receive a digital resource handbook filled with ideas, tools and practical ideas developed specifically to help you implement all the innovative new multimedia strategies learned in this one-day seminar
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Innovative ways to easily integrate media into your ELA and Social Studies classroom
- The best cutting-edge tools to maximize the power of multimedia and strengthen student learning
- Timesaving tips and tricks to make your life easier, both in and out of the secondary classroom using free and low-cost cutting-edge digital tools
- Valuable tips to get the most from the technology you have in your secondary classroom – even if it's just one laptop, Chromebook, or tablet
- Practical strategies to make best use of multimedia and a variety of free tools to enhance instruction in your secondary classroom
- How to find, download and install the latest, media-based freeware perfect for your ELA and Social Studies instruction
- Maximize your current curriculum and lessons with innovative digital tips and tools
- Beginner and advanced application use for building and integrating multimedia into lesson plans
- Find out how to use media in the classroom to reduce your own workload
- Multimedia tips and tricks to strengthen your teaching and learning and have fun doing it!
- Dozens of digital tools perfect for your secondary classroom including the apps and techniques to enhance your ELA and Social Studies content
- How to utilize free media-related software to create content with and for students.
- Media-related techniques to increase the impact of your ELA and Social Studies lessons
- Free and low-cost digital tools to maximize your instructional impact
- Create more powerful lessons by presenting content in a way your students will always remember
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
It's an exciting time! Although the face of education has seen many recent challenges in our modern classroom, technology, and connectivity with the infusion of multimedia has opened exciting new doorways to how teachers teach and how students learn. Creativity in education is at an all-time high, and that creates an open-door opportunity for innovation in your ELA or Social Studies classroom, too!
Before I discovered my passion for teaching, I spent several years working in the film industry which then branched into commercial video, and brand management with my independent business. Taking what I learned from private industry and applying it to my in-the-classroom experience in public education gives me a unique perspective to share what I've learned with teachers and students. In this one-day seminar designed just for grades 6-12 ELA and Social Studies teachers, I will share not only innovative and creative ways to work with multimedia, but highly practical, functional, and transferable skills that impact your teaching and learning experience. The best part about it all? It's now, it's new, it's popular, it's relevant – and it's fun!
Our students know that multimedia has a new connotation that has broken bounds into video and streaming media, podcasts, interactive presentations and so much more. If we want to connect with our students on the platforms that truly meet them where they love to be, this is it! It's something that can make its way into virtually any classroom with the right know-how, digital tools, and creative effort. You will leave this highly innovative, one-day seminar equipped with dozens of multimedia tips, tricks, techniques that will leave you inspired, energized and ready to try!
P.S. You will leave this innovative one-day seminar with dozens of multi-media and digital tools and strategies you can use to enhance your ELA and Social Studies classroom experience immediately!
Who Should Attend
Educators serving Grades 6-12: English Language Arts and Social Studies Classroom Teachers, Technology Specialists, Library/Media Specialists Instructional Coaches, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Practical, timesaving strategies for integrating the best free and low-cost cutting-edge multimedia tools to strengthen your students' ELA and Social Studies content learning
- Step-by-step guides and "how to" screenshots for creating various forms of multimedia using cutting-edge digital tools with and for your students
- Descriptions and images of the latest, most effective multimedia creations for grades 6-12 educators
- Tips and tricks for creating and utilizing multimedia and other technology resources to greatly strengthen student learning and achievement
- Receive password access to a special website specifically created for this seminar with helpful online resources
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their English Language Arts and Social Studies instruction with multimedia and digital tools.
Tommy Whalen will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.