101 Writing Mini-Lessons and Strategies to Strengthen Your Students? Writing
Presented by Angela Cameron
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades K-2
- 101 innovative, ready-to-use mini-lessons and strategies for strengthening your grades K-2 writing skills
- High quality children’s literature you can use for writing and as a springboard for writing
- Easy-to-use lesson plans designed to guide you in developing and accelerating student writing
- Multi-level activities to meet the wide range of student abilities in your classroom
- Activities to motivate students to generate ideas, organize their thoughts, develop their own voice, and strengthen sentence fluency and word choice
- Displays, demonstrations, student samples, and a comprehensive resource handbook filled with dozens of strategies, lessons, activities, and ideas designed just for grades K-2 classrooms
Often, we read students’ writing and we know something is missing . . . you know it’s just not there yet. The question is, what is missing and how can you help students fix it? This NEW seminar provides a way to look at writing comprehensively and evaluate student strengths and weaknesses. Then the fun begins! Angela Cameron will introduce wonderful children’s literature to serve as a model of good writing for students. You will participate in many engaging and effective activities that will strengthen your students’ writing, including the Six Traits, whether or not you formally use the Six Traits. The strategies and activities provide differentiated instruction to help meet all your students’ needs – from the struggling, reluctant writer to the more proficient writer – they all have room for growth. Whether you are new to teaching primary writing or a veteran teacher, you will leave this seminar with a wealth of new ideas you can use in your classroom the very next day to help your students achieve success and confidence in their writing.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- 101 Outstanding Mini-Lessons and Practical Strategies to Strengthen Your Students’ Writing Skills in Grades K-2
Help your young writers begin to develop their writing skills with engaging, hands-on lessons and activities . . . Practical mini-lessons, strategies, ideas, and tips you can use immediately in your K-2 classroom
- Easy and Ready-To-Use Mini-Lessons Adaptable for Your Grades K-2 Writing Program
Make the most of your writing time with innovative, fun lessons and activities you and your students will love . . . Ideas and strategies that will work with all levels of writers in your classroom – from the struggling to the more fluent
- Increase Your Grades K-2 Students’ Confidence and Competence in Writing
Help your students experience success as they acquire and apply strategies good writers use . . . Discover fun and motivating lessons
- Practical Strategies to Strengthen Your K-2 Students’ Writing Skills
Enhance your current writing program with new strategies and activities to help students increase their skills . . . Ready-to-use lessons you can use immediately with your struggling and developing writers
- Accelerate Your Struggling Writers’ Skills
Learn classroom-proven ways to work with your most reluctant writers . . . Numerous activities to help your struggling and English language learners be more successful
- Use Writing Rubrics as a Meaningful Instructional Tool
Grade level appropriate rubrics for evaluating student writing that will help you to determine the next lesson or skill you should teach with your whole class, small group or individual student
- Powerful Activities to Utilize Quality Children’s Literature as a Model for Students
Use captivating literature as a model for developing the writing skills of all your students . . . Show students how their favorite authors develop their writing
- Use the Six Traits as a Meaningful and Valuable Instructional Tool
Easy ways to incorporate the Six Traits into your writing instruction without adding hours to your planning time . . . Student-centered ideas that will make a real difference and maximize your teaching time
- Innovative Ideas for Expanding Your K-2 Writing Program
You will leave this seminar with a wealth of motivating strategies and lessons to facilitate the successful inclusion of numerous new activities and routines into your daily writing instruction
- Receive an Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a comprehensive resource handbook developed specifically for this seminar filled with lessons, ideas and activities designed just for your grades K-2 students
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- 101 highly effective mini-lessons to help your grades K-2 students develop the key skills they need for success in writing
- Numerous hands-on activities you can use with students of all writing abilities in grades K-2
- Innovative and fun strategies for helping students generate writing ideas
- How to use props as simple reminders for students to use the writing strategies you teach
- Dozens of exciting children’s books that illustrate quality writing students can use to enhance their own writing
- Classroom-proven mini-lessons to scaffold your young writers
- Highly effective activities that meet the needs of early, emergent and developing writers
- Innovative ideas for building your students’ confidence and skills in writing
- New ways to evaluate student writing
- Effective ways to work with your “non-writers”
- Daily routines you can use in your current program that will make a difference in student writing
- Activities to help students ‘focus’ their writing and stay on topic
- Different writing organizational patterns your students can use in their own writing
- Creative ways to help students write a “WOW” opening
- Easy-to-incorporate strategies to encourage strong word choice in writing
- Exciting activities to promote the use of “vivid” verbs
- Practical and realistic strategies to help your students actually edit their own writing
- Learn how writing rubrics can guide your writing instruction in both whole group and small group teaching
- Effective and efficient lesson options you won’t want to miss
- Dozens of “do-tomorrow” strategies that promote authentic writing experiences and increase your students’ enthusiasm for writing
- Highly practical strategies to make writing more fun, engaging and enriching for all your students
- Numerous practical, hands-on strategies, ideas and demonstrations to help you strengthen your current writing program.
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Teaching writing is one of the most challenging, yet most rewarding tasks that a primary teacher faces. Throughout my years as a teacher, I have developed a passion for teaching writing to all students, from the non-writer to the more fluent writer. It is so exciting to see students go from picture drawing to writing (or as I call it, “driting”) to producing complete and well-thought-out stories or reports. In what other subject area are we able to actually see such vast development in our students?
During our fast-paced day it is my goal that you too will be renewed and inspired about what your students can do. I will share with you over 101 classroom-proven ideas, activities and mini-lessons that will drastically improve student writing in your classroom. By using these lessons as an integral part of your writing instruction, you will find that you are better able to build on students’ strengths and target their writing weaknesses to guide your instruction. Our activity-packed day together will include:
- how to incorporate specific writing into your daily writing
- a suggested timeline for introducing these strategies to your K-2 students
- wonderful children’s literature to be used as models for children
- numerous classroom-tested, teacher-approved mini-lessons for strengthening every child’s writing in your classroom
Rest assured, whether you are a veteran teacher who is an expert on writing or a brand new teacher just starting out, EVERYONE will walk away with quick and easy, ready-to-use ideas for improving your students’ writing. I look forward to meeting each of you at the seminar and sharing my passion for K-2 writing.
P.S. I have designed a special handbook each participant will receive. It is packed with over 101 innovative mini-lessons that you can use immediately in your K-2 classroom.
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades K-2: Classroom Teachers, Special Education Teachers, Literacy Coaches, Title I Staff Members, Gifted Education Teachers, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive a strategy-packed K-2 writing resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes dozens of ideas and activities including:
- age appropriate writing rubrics to help you assess student strengths and weaknesses
- suggested timeline for implementing writing mini-lessons in your K-2 classroom
- extensive bibliography of children’s literature for teaching writing skills and strategies
- numerous teacher-friendly, classroom-tested lesson plans for teaching writing
Meet and Share
This seminar provides an excellent opportunity to meet and share ideas with other grades K-2 educators interested in improving students’ writing.
Angela will be available during the seminar to answer individual questions and discuss the unique needs of your own writing program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.