Practical Strategies for Meeting and
Practical Ideas for Meeting Your State Standards for Writing in Grades 3 5: Classroom Teachers, Reading and Literacy Specialists, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, and Administrators
- Strategies to focus your writing instruction to help your students meet and exceed the range of skills and applications specified in your state standards for writing in grades 3-5
- Effective ways to address narrative, expository and opinion writing lessons
- Practical ideas to manage and organize your writing program
- Dozens of ideas, activities and tips to motivate your students to write more effectively
- Text-type specific lessons that will work with all levels of writers
- Displays, models, student samples, and a comprehensive resource handbook filled with dozens of strategies, lessons, activities, and ideas designed just for grades 3-5
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This highly practical seminar has been designed specifically for grades 3-5 educators to help strengthen students’ writing using state standards as the foundation. The focus of this seminar is to provide teachers with innovative and ready-to-use strategies to help all writers develop the necessary skills to become flexible, focused and fluent writers.
Diane Murphy will share a wealth of research-based strategies for all your students from the struggling to the more advanced writers. Throughout the day Diane will demonstrate and model lessons you can use in your classroom, complete with real student samples. Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook filled with specific lesson ideas, model materials and strategies to support your students in meeting your state standards for writing.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Practical Strategies to Help Your Students Meet Your Rigorous State Standards for Writing for Grades 3-5
Strategies to focus your writing instruction to help your students gain mastery of the range of skills and applications specified in your state standards … Help your students develop and apply strategies that good writers use to strengthen their writing skills
- Discover Innovative Narrative, Informative/Explanatory and Opinion Writing Lessons
Learn a variety of lessons and activities that focus on specific text types and purposes … Ideas and activities that will work with all levels of writers in your grades 3-5 classrooms
- Accelerate Your Struggling Writers’ Skills
Accelerate your students who have fewer experiences to draw from with numerous strategies that will step-up their vocabulary, discussion, language, and writing skills … Learn classroom-proven activities and skill-builders to develop the confidence reluctant learners need to succeed
- Provide Highly Effective Feedback to Improve Students’ Writing
Make the most of your individual feedback when conferencing with students … Effective techniques for providing students with meaningful feedback that will improve their writing … Help your students learn to respond to questions and suggestions to edit and revise their writing
- Strengthen Understanding and Use of the Writing Process
Learn ways to help students plan, revise, edit, rewrite, produce, publish, and add details to their writing … Ideas to help students develop writing fluency and the ability to produce pieces over short and extended timeframes
- Explore Language Connections between Writing, Speaking, Listening, and Reading
Integrate essential literacy state standards into writing on a daily basis with effective strategies to accelerate students’ writing skills … Strategies that help students use discussions, listening and reading as a springboard for writing
- Practical Ideas to Manage and Organize Your Daily Writing Program
How to easily fit in daily writing that keeps your students actively engaged in the writing process … Discover practical ways to plan, organize and manage to make the best use of your writing time and help your students meet your state standards for writing
- Connect Reading to Writing
Use good literature as a model to develop your students’ writing skills … Use books as a springboard for writing and creating stories
- Discover Shared Writing Experiences to Build Research Writing Skills
Explore ways to incorporate shared research and writing projects into any writing program … Practical and doable ways to scaffold learning and provide support as needed
- Increase Your Teaching Options to Meet Your State Standards for Writing
Create innovative mini-lessons, writing activities and literature links that will greatly improve your students writing … Receive an extensive handbook filled with ideas, models and strategies that will support you when you return to your classroom
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Research-based strategies to help your grades 3-5 students meet your state standards for writing
- Numerous hands-on ideas, strategies and demonstrations to strengthen and enrich your current writing program
- Practical ideas for helping your students write for different purposes and audiences
- Motivate student writers through effective mini-lessons that meet the needs of all your students
- Ideas for meeting the oral and written expression strands in your state standards
- Effective strategies to help your students organize their writing
- Incorporate reading into writing through book titles that work well with your state standards
- Ways to help students move through the writing process efficiently
- Create meaningful writing prompts that will keep your students on topic
- Exciting ways to integrate writing into other areas of your day
- Effectively confer and give feedback to students to help improve their writing
- Incorporate practical activities that will increase the writing vocabulary of your students and improve their writing
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
If you are working to help your students meet your state standards for writing and wondering how to fit it all into your already-full day, you’ll want to attend this seminar! I have been working with state standards for writing and am excited to share with you what I have found works in grades 3-5 classrooms. I know teaching writing is hard work – especially when it comes to motivating students to write and helping them consistently improve the quality of their writing. In this seminar, you will learn ideas for guiding, coaching and scaffolding your students to become more independent writers.
Some of the topics we will cover include:
- Research-based strategies to increase students’ writing skills
- Dozens of writing mini-lessons
- Practical ideas for organizing your daily writing time
- Conferencing tips and techniques
- Writing to different purposes and audiences
- Increasing the writing vocabulary of your students
- Dozens of practical strategies to help your students meet your state standards for writing
Please join me for a fast-paced day filled with engaging writing lessons and activities that you can use immediately with all your students – from the struggling to the more fluent writers. It is my goal that you leave with all the tools you need to strengthen your writing instruction so your grades 3-5 students can meet your state standards for writing.
Who Should Attend
Grades 3-5 Classroom Teachers, Reading and Literacy Specialists, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive grades 3 5 writing resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes dozens of ideas and activities including:
- Easy-to-implement writing lessons
- Practical ideas to motivate students to become writers
- Management and organizational ideas for integrating writing throughout your day
- Lessons that focus on different text types
- A bibliography of mentor text book titles
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their writing program.
Diane Murphy will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your writing program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.