Differentiated, Timesaving MATH WORK STATIONS: Strategies that Work!
Presented by Mary Peterson
Specifically Designed for Grades K-2: Teachers, Instructional Aides, Title I Staff Members, Special Education Staff, Math Coordinators, and Administrators
- Timesaving, NEW math work station ideas and activities designed specifically to practice and reinforce your math standards in grades K-2
- Dozens of NEW, portable and compact math work station ideas that don’t take a lot of prep time, expensive materials or classroom space
- A variety of engaging math work station activities that will work with your current math program and provide the needed repeated practice of math standards, including numbers and operations, measurement and data, and geometry
- Examples, tips and demonstrations to show you how to make it all happen in your own K-2 classroom
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Specifically designed for K-2 classroom teachers and those working with classroom teachers in the area of math, this outstanding seminar leads teachers through the steps to create and maintain practical math work stations. Outstanding presenter and teacher, Mary Peterson, will demonstrate and present exciting, engaging and innovative math work stations that are teacher-friendly, won’t take hours to prepare and provide students with repeated practice of the key math skills they need to become fluent in number sense, counting, operations, geometry, measurement, data, and more!
The focus will be on creating effective, timesaving math work stations that will free up your time to work with flexible groups or individuals, essentially helping those students who are struggling before they fall too far behind in their math learning. Mary will walk you through step-by-step ways to utilize math work stations in your own classroom. She will focus on space, organization of materials, curriculum and accountability. You’ll leave empowered to create an environment in your own K-2 classroom that will facilitate the mastering of math skills and concepts through math work stations.
You won’t want to miss this unique and uplifting opportunity to attend this practical seminar, packed with ideas and activities to increase your students’ mathematical understanding and skills.
As an added benefit, you will receive a comprehensive resource handbook specifically designed just for this seminar.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Timesaving Math Work Stations
Work station ideas and activities to maximize students’ time-on-task, meet your math standards and increase mathematical development in grades K-2 … Engaging, easy-to-implement centers you can use immediately
- Reinforce Mathematics Skills and Concepts Through Work Station Activities
Center ideas to reinforce and practice number sense, geometry, patterns, computation, measurement, graphing, money, and fractions … Ideas and activities students can work on independently and productively
- Discover Hands-On Resources and Manipulatives to Practice Measurement and Data
An essential component of state math standards is teaching our students critical skills in measurement and data … Ready-to-use ideas to address these key components
- Ways to Use Math Work Stations to Differentiate for the Varying Levels of Your Students
Acquire creative and engaging work station ideas that allow students to practice math skills at their immediate and appropriate level of readiness … Work station ideas that you will use for years
- Design Math Work Stations that Deepen Your Students’ Mathematical Thinking
At the heart of math standards is helping students to think deeply and differently about math … Dozens of valuable ideas for creating a deeper understanding of important math concepts
- Ideas to Reinforce and Practice Operations and Algebraic Thinking
Your math standards call for basic understanding of operations and algebraic thinking for students in grades K-2 … Discover engaging activities students can do independently to practice these skills
- Use Work Stations to Strengthen Your Math Program
Develop work station activities that are motivating, engaging, fun, and focus on your math program, standards, curriculum, and objectives
- Create Menus to Increase Student Choice and Decrease Center Upkeep
Discover how to create simple, easy-to-use menus that give students great choices … Learn how to maximize menu choices to keep work station maintenance to a minimum
- Increase Your Teaching Options with Current, Best Websites and Apps
Leave with numerous ideas and apps that work perfectly in K-2 classrooms … Mobile devices can provide necessary practice with immediate feedback that help students develop math fluency
- Receive an Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook packed with valuable math work station ideas that align with your math standards for grades K-2 … All ideas are easy to implement and ready for immediate use
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Timesaving math work stations that directly support students’ growth in mathematical understanding
- Save preparation time without sacrificing key math skills
- Extend the effectiveness of your whole group instruction by setting up easy-to-implement math work stations with developmentally appropriate activities and lessons
- Motivating ways for students to practice counting and cardinality, operations and algebraic thinking
- Numerous websites and apps that work well with K-2 students and provide immediate feedback as students practice math skills
- Hands-on, concrete work station activities that actively involve students in practicing measurement and data skills
- Promote students’ understanding of number sense and basic mathematical functions and operations
- Use a simple, easy-to-make folder to keep station work organized and contained for better monitoring
- Effectively transfer activities from “teacher directed” to “student independent” so they will really work at the math work stations
- Challenge students to higher levels of math performance in grades K-2
- Think smarter so you can work smarter, not harder
- Discover how to manage math work stations so they don’t become burdensome
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
The challenges of meeting the needs of all the students in your classroom are more important today than ever, especially with the implementation of math standards. Teachers must know how to implement a variety of instructional models including whole group, direct instructional strategies, as well as small group instruction, intervention strategies and remediation techniques to help all students achieve success in math.
It is clear that our young students must have the opportunity to become fluent with math skills and concepts while thoroughly understanding and mastering them in ways that we have not previously required. Math work stations have the potential to provide the reinforcement, repeated review and practice that will give students the time and motivation to acquire fluency and mastery of skills.
Math work station content should be purposeful, meaningful and support your curriculum. I have designed this seminar to show you just how math work stations can accomplish these goals. During the course of the day, I will share dozens of math station ideas and activities that are academically rigorous yet motivating, engaging and student centered. If you are already using math work stations in your classroom, I am confident you will learn how to expand your options to better meet the needs of all your students. If you are at the beginning stages of using math work stations, you will leave with dozens of ideas on how to choose activities, set them up, as well as manage and organize them in ways that do not take a lot of extra teacher prep time or expensive materials.
I will share with you tried-and-tested strategies to successfully implement math work stations in grades K-2. Several student math projects and math games will be on display for you to take pictures of for future use. Please join me for a highly practical and engaging day!
P.S. Each participant will receive my idea-packed resource handbook that has been specifically designed for grades K-2 math work stations.
Who Should Attend
Specifically Designed for Grades K-2 Teachers, Instructional Aides, Title I Staff Members, Special Education Staff, Math Coordinators, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Practical techniques and strategies for planning and establishing math work stations
- Easy-to-implement ideas to incorporate math standards into your math work stations
- Games, activities, lesson plans, and copy-ready pages for immediate use
- Activities that generate independent, on-task participation and practice of key math skills
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in new ways to enhance their math work stations.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.