Increase Your Students' MATH Achievement with Practical STEM Strategies to Differentiate and Provide Hands-On Math Practice (Grades K-3)
Presented by Beth Knoedelseder
Specifically Designed for K-3 Classroom Teachers, Math Specialists and Math Coaches
- Practical strategies to incorporate exemplary STEM practices into your math instruction
- Creative STEM practices to increase students’ understanding and application of K-3 math concepts
- Discover innovative ways to focus on STEM-related skills such as problem solving, working collaboratively, and researching and planning projects within your math block
- Receive an extensive resource handbook filled with a wealth of resources, strategies and ready-to-use tips to successfully incorporate STEM skills into your math instruction
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this NEW, highly interactive seminar, you will learn exciting ways to enhance your grades K-3 math instruction by engaging students in STEM-related activities, projects and lessons. STEM is greater than its individual disciplines. It is the integration of science, technology, engineering, and math to change the way students ask questions, solve problems, collaborate, research, plan, and execute a design process. This seminar is designed to give you dozens of strategies and ideas to incorporate these STEM practices into your math instruction and teach the math skills and concepts students need to be proficient.
Regardless of the math program you are currently using, outstanding presenter Beth Knoedelseder will give you ways to incorporate STEM-related skills to teach students the practical application of the math concepts they are learning. You will see how you can do daily, weekly or unit specific problem-solving learning projects that fit into the math standards you are working on with K-3 students.
This seminar is filled with new, fresh ideas to motivate all your students, from the struggling to the high achieving. You will leave with new insights, practical strategies and an extensive resource handbook filled with practical ideas for enhancing your math instruction using STEM practices.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Discover Practical Strategies to Enhance Your K-3 Math Instruction Using Best STEM Practices
Practical strategies to implement STEM practices to increase students’ math learning and application of key math skills … Practical ideas you can use!
- How You Can Bring STEM Practices into Your K-3 Math Instruction
Integrating STEM does not have to change everything you are already doing … Learn easy and doable strategies to incorporate STEM into math
- Free, Low-Cost and Timesaving Ideas for Math Problem Based STEM Integrated Lessons
Numerous ideas for using everyday items … Reuse and repurpose materials and tools easily found in your school and community
- Develop Critical Thinking Using STEM Strategies in Your Math Lessons
Highly effective strategies for creating a classroom environment that engages students and develops critical thinking and problem solving
- Easy Ways to Organize Math Materials for Projects
Organization is key to successful problem based learning activities … Learn ways to organize materials, web resources and ideas for future projects
- Differentiate Your Problem Based Learning Projects
Learn practical strategies and tools that target learning styles … Tiering your activities and lessons to challenge highly capable students and meet the needs of your struggling students
- Strengthen Your Math Instruction by Integrating STEM-Related Literature and Writing Opportunities
Review great books that are perfect for integrating literacy skills with math
- Extend Learning Beyond the Classroom Walls
How to use what’s right outside your classroom to create STEM related activities … Take advantage of virtual field trips and explorations that are easily accessible through basic technology
- How Trial-and-Error Activities Bring STEM into Your Math Instruction
Provide opportunities for trial and error problem solving using real-world math problems … Help students discover that they are all mathematicians
- Help Students to Think Like Mathematicians, Engineers and Scientists
Ideas for encouraging students to think about what scientists, mathematicians and engineers do in their jobs … Get students excited about STEM opportunities
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical strategies to teach your math standards and incorporate the STEM practices to increase your grades K-3 students’ math achievement
- What does it mean to teach STEM within your math instruction and how you can get started or enhance what you are already doing
- Differentiated strategies to get students engaged in STEM skills during math
- Work smarter, not harder to expose your K-3 students to STEM during your math instruction
- How math centers or stations can provide students opportunities to work as teams to solve problems using a STEM-focused process
- Bring STEM into your math time to get all students, especially the struggling and the highly capable, working together in building, designing, evaluating, and solving problems
- Learn ways to integrate reading and writing in your math lessons to help students see how mathematicians are also readers and writers
- Ways to teach collaboration and problem posing to help students see the value of teamwork when solving problems
- Teach math skills and then extend student application using STEM practices
- Ideas for encouraging students to think about what scientists, mathematicians and engineers do in their jobs
- Promote student confidence by increasing interaction with content and peers
- Challenge your students with math activities and projects that relate to STEM skills
- Learn practical strategies and tools that target learning styles
- How to tier the same math activity to challenge competent math students while meeting the needs of the rest of your students
- Learn essential techniques for using outstanding projects to enhance your math instruction
- Tips, tools and innovative ways to fully engage all your students
- Provide opportunities for trial and error problem solving using real-world math problems
- Help students discover that they are all mathematicians
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Would you love to hear your students cheer when you announce that it is math time? Would you enjoy seeing your class highly engaged and applying math skills beyond the math lesson? Using STEM practices and processes, math time can move beyond basic skills to real application of skills and concepts using projects and activities that encourage creative problem solving, collaboration and are fun for teachers and students.
In this exciting one-day seminar, I will be sharing how to successfully develop, organize and manage differentiated math centers, projects and activities that incorporate the STEM practices. We will look at creative ways to focus on STEM-related skills such as problem solving, working collaboratively, researching, observing, and critical thinking – all vital for our young students to be successful in school. Not only will you see increased math achievement, but you will also see your students productively participating individually and as a class.
I hope you will join me for a fast-paced day of practical ideas to enhance your math instruction to include STEM skills in ways that will increase math achievement and engage your students so they get turned on to math and see the relevance of math in everyday life. I promise you will leave with new ideas and inspiration to help all your students excel in math!
P.S. I know how valuable your time is and how difficult it is to be away from your classroom for even one day, so I have developed this seminar to focus on just the best strategies, tips and timesaving ideas for your math program!
Who Should Attend
K-3 Classroom Teachers, Math Specialists and Math Coaches
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Bibliography of books to use as mentor texts and resources to use for problem based, STEM projects
- Organizers to use for writing in your math lessons
- Suggested themes and integrated content areas to tie into math instruction
- Ideas for using numerous everyday items with your math problem based STEM lessons
- A variety of ways to manage and organize your math materials for problem based learning projects
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their students’ math achievement by incorporating STEM.
Beth Knoedelseder will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own math program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.