Helping ALL Students Be Successful with MATH: Struggling Students, Highly Capable Students, Students with Special Needs
Presented by Gary Eisenberg
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades K-2: Classroom Teachers, Mathematics Specialists, Interventionists, Resource Specialists, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators
- A wealth of motivating, ready-to-use materials and instructional strategies to strengthen every student’s math skills – from those who struggle to those who are high achievers
- Dozens of practical, inexpensive, classroom-proven strategies to ensure that every student learns, retains and can use math facts with ease
- Innovative, creative activities to teach basic skills – and enrich the skills of your most capable students – in number sense, operations, measurement and data, and problem solving
- A variety of engaging math games, songs, rhymes, and movement activities designed to reach, reinforce and challenge all types of learners in your classroom
- Displays, demonstrations and an extensive math resource handbook filled with tips, tools and exciting resources you can use immediately to build and enrich the math skills of every student
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this NEW, highly engaging, practical seminar designed specifically for K-2 classroom teachers and those working with teachers in the area of math, the emphasis will be on ways to meet the challenge that every teacher faces – how to help each student meet your state math standards, while providing appropriate levels of instruction for all students, from those who struggle with math to those who are ready for enrichment and additional challenges.
Outstanding presenter and current primary classroom teacher, GARY EISENBERG, will share a wealth of ideas and practical, highly motivating resources for teaching basic math skills in ways that meet the needs of every student. Whether it is helping students master and use math facts with ease, or providing basic skills instruction and enrichment activities for number sense, operations, measurement and data, and problem solving, Gary will provide dozens of outstanding ideas for meeting the needs of every student in your classroom. He will share a wealth of successful techniques that can be implemented the very next day in your classroom regardless of the math curriculum you are using.During this active, fast-paced day, Gary will show you how to incorporate the critical element of strong emotional content into your current lessons in ways that will have all your students actively engaged in learning, using and extending the math skills they need to master. Whether you are teaching in a self?contained classroom, a math classroom or a resource program, you will leave this exciting seminar with a wealth of ready-to-use activities that will reinforce and enrich all the key math standards in your daily math instruction – and have your students loving math.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Enhance Every Student’s Mastery of Key Math Skills and Concepts
Discover highly effective strategies to help all your students meet or exceed your state standards in mathematics … Proven techniques to motivate every student – from those who struggle to those who are high achievers
- Improve Your Students’ Ability to Learn, Retain and Use Math Facts with Ease
Learn innovative, motivating techniques to teach math facts and extend your students’ ability to use them … Discover creative, engaging ideas for using pattern, rhythm, song, chants, and visual tools to increase student facility with math facts
- Use Math Centers to Practice, Reinforce and Extend Basic Math Skills
See new, timesaving ways to focus on the varying needs of your students … Discover the power of using math centers to effectively provide practice and extension activities for each student
- Increase the Effectiveness of Your Math Instruction for Every Student
Learn quick instructional strategies for both whole class and small group teaching that gives all students the strong foundation they need in number sense, operations, measurement and data … Techniques that work for struggling students, those with special needs, and those who are ready for enrichment
- Teach the Most Effective Strategies to Solve Word Problems
Whether students experience difficulty with word problems or are capable of tackling more complex ones, discover proven techniques to teach problem solving … How to grab students’ interest and motivate them to be confident problem solvers
- Teach Math Vocabulary and Skills an Easier Way!
Unleash the power of using math songs and dances to enable students to easily learn the skills and vocabulary required by your state standards … Reduce the stress and increase the success in learning math
- Strengthen Your Math Instruction By Integrating Reading and Writing
Help all your students make important connections between math and language arts … Use “fact stories” to teach math facts and “story props” to generate problem solving and computational exercises at all levels of difficulty
- Build and Sharpen Skills with Powerful Math Learning Games
Take advantage of creative, new games that teach math skills and expand every student’s motivation to learn … Discover dozens of fresh games and activities your students will beg to do again and again – for every level of learner
- Successfully Organize and Manage Your Classroom for Math Instruction
Learn successful classroom management techniques, routines and procedures that enable you to meet the diverse needs of your students … Tips for working more efficiently that give you more time for instruction
- Receive a Valuable Math Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a copy of Gary’s extensive math resource handbook designed specifically for this seminar … Filled with strategies, tips and materials you can use immediately to meet the needs of all your students
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Dozens of highly effective strategies you can use in your current math program to help every student meet or exceed your state standards in mathematics
- Innovative, motivating techniques to teach math facts and increase your students’ fact fluency
- New, timesaving ways to use math centers to practice, reinforce and extend basic math skills in number sense, operations, measurement, and data
- Powerful ways to teach students to solve word problems, using whole group and small group instructional techniques
- How to unleash the power of using math songs, dances and innovative movement activities to help all students learn the skills and vocabulary required by your state standards
- Ready-to-use techniques for integrating your literacy and math instruction in ways that help students make important learning connections
- New ways to use powerful math learning games to teach basic math skills and offer appropriate extension activities for students who are ready to use these skills in more advanced ways
- Successful classroom management techniques, routines and procedures that will save you time and enable you to meet the diverse needs of your students
- The most effective ways to use visual models, manipulatives, “fact stories” and “story props” to make learning easier and provide added challenges for those who need them
- Proven techniques to decrease math anxiety and nurture your students’ confidence and competence in math
- Tips for utilizing new “Number Corner” activities to teach and reinforce critical math skills on a daily basis
- Innovative, flexible ideas to keep all your students engaged during math instruction – from your struggling students to those who need to be challenged
- Powerful ways to assess diverse student skills in order to better meet students’ needs
- Where to find outstanding, no-cost, low-cost resources and materials that will appropriately support and challenge a wide range of students
- How to keep all your students fully engaged during math instruction – from those with special learning needs to those who need to be challenged
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Mathematics is my favorite subject to teach and many of my students look forward to our daily math instruction as the best part of our day. But like all of us who teach primary grades, my biggest challenge is to meet the needs of all my students, from those who love math to those who struggle to learn the most basic skills and concepts. I still have much to learn about doing this, but I have found a wealth of ideas, strategies and outstanding materials that go a long way to reach each student at the level of their learning. It’s my pleasure during our day together to share the tips and tools that work best for me and my students.
Throughout this NEW seminar, I will share the most successful techniques I’ve found to motivate my students who struggle with math and to challenge those who are ready for enrichment. I will introduce proven methods for using innovative, creative activities to teach math facts, to help students master the skills they need in number sense, operations, measurement and data, and problem solving – and to enrich the skills of my most capable math students in each of these areas. You will see dozens of instructional techniques and a wealth of activities that I use with my students on a daily basis, all of which can be implemented immediately in your own classroom.
My goal is not to add more to the number of things you’re already doing in teaching math, but rather to give you specific, timesaving ideas for managing your instructional time in ways that will maximize the motivation and confidence of your students as well as their achievement. Join me for a very lively, hands-on day using math songs, dances, rhymes, chants, stories, and innovative movement activities that have worked wonders in enabling me to meet the diverse math needs of my primary students.
I look forward to working with you in this fun, strategy-packed seminar!
P.S. You’ll leave this seminar inspired, enthusiastic and ready to use a wealth of practical, engaging and innovative strategies to meet the diverse needs of your students.
Who Should Attend
Educators who teach mathematics in grades K-2: Classroom Teachers, Mathematics Specialists, Interventionists, Resource Specialists, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive handbook specifically designed for this seminar. Included in the handbook are:
- A wealth of outstanding practical ideas for meeting the needs of all your math students – from those who struggle with math to those who need additional challenges
- Step-by-step techniques for teaching, reinforcing and extending students’ skills in math facts, number sense, operations, measurement and data, and problem solving
- Ready-to-use ideas and resources for using math songs, dances, rhymes, chants, stories, and innovative movement activities to meet the diverse math needs of primary students
- Highly practical, innovative ideas to help all your students meet or exceed your state standards in mathematics
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a great opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in using innovative strategies to meet the needs of all students in learning math.
Gary Eisenberg will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own mathematics program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.