Making Best Use of Free or Low-Cost Tech Resources to Save Time and Increase the Effectiveness of Your ELL INSTRUCTION
Presented by James May, ED.D.
Specifically Designed for ESL Teachers, Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Literacy Coaches, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Instructional Assistants Who Work with ELL Students, and Administrators
- Discover the latest, most effective apps and strategies for using mobile devices, tablets, Chromebooks, computers, and other digital tools to teach English Language Learners (ELL)
- Timesaving tips for making the best use of free Google Tools, Apps and Extensions to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of your ELL instruction
- Explore a variety of digital techniques to help accelerate and differentiate learning for your ELL students
- Save yourself hours of time testing hundreds of apps … James has done the work for you and will share free and inexpensive apps and tools that are most appropriate for English Language Learners
- Receive an extensive ELL instruction resource handbook and a link to an accompanying website filled with high-quality apps, websites, digital resources, and classroom-proven strategies for using new technologies with English Language Learners
You are welcome to bring a fully charged mobile device. It is not, however, a requirement to attend this seminar.
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Today’s ELL students are digital natives who are easily engaged and motivated when new mobile technologies, like tablets or Chromebooks, are effectively integrated into instruction. Most teachers do not have the time to test which apps work best for English Language Learners or know how to most efficiently employ them. Whether you are still learning about applying different technologies or are well-versed in many of their nuances, outstanding teacher and digital innovator, James May, will help you save time and take the best practices you currently use for teaching English Language Learners and enhance them with a wide variety of new digital tools and techniques.
In this engaging and interactive seminar, you’ll learn practical, timesaving ideas and strategies for using a wide variety of technologies in the classroom as well as which apps work best to help your ELL students. You’ll also learn how strategies for applying mobile technologies can best be used to support essential vocabulary acquisition and differentiation of instruction for ELL students.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Make Best Use of Free and Low-Cost Tech Resources for ELL Student Learning
Mobile devices like iPads, Android tablets and Chromebooks are here to stay and can be used for learning anytime, anywhere and by anyone … Learn how to make the most of the tools and applications that can engage your ELL students and greatly increase their learning of key skills and concepts
- Make Best Use of Free Google Tools
Harness the full power of a variety of free Google Tools and techniques that will increase ELL learning and save you time
- Use Technology to Work Smarter, Not Harder!
Discover highly efficient teacher tools that can save time for busy ELL teachers and paraprofessionals … Timesaving tips and tools for planning, grading, documenting student progress, and many more time-intensive tasks
- Learn Differentiation Strategies that Will Better Meet the Needs of English Language Learners
Mobile devices offer a variety of apps and extensions and allow for new strategies that better differentiate instruction … Discover best practices for differentiating instruction for your students
- Engage and Extend Understanding of Phonics and Vocabulary with Word Games and Apps
Learn the numerous apps available for your students to practice and develop fluency of the key foundational skills used for reading … Discover how principles of gamification can be used to motivate and inspire your ELL students
- Increase ELL Students’ Confidence in Speaking
Gather apps, games and confidence-building ideas and techniques to develop necessary oral language skills … Easy-to-implement strategies to strengthen listening and speaking skills
- Tap into the Best Apps and Extensions to Engage Your ELL Students in Complex and Creative Thinking
Examine the apps you and your students can use to collaborate and create videos, presentations, visuals, and much more … Apps and strategies to project wirelessly, turn smart devices into classroom clickers, enhanced whiteboards, lightboards, and more
- Supporting the ELL Newcomer in Your Classroom
Welcome your ELL newcomers with practical ideas for keeping them actively involved and receiving comprehensible input from day one … See how various technologies can be used to accelerate their skills
- Accelerate the Achievement of Your ELL Students in All Content Areas
Experience hands-on, comprehensible strategies to use digital tools to flip instruction in all content areas … Teach academic content and the related vocabulary while improving language and literacy skills at the same time
- Utilize the Best-of-the-Best Strategies, Apps and Extensions Across the Curriculum
Collect the best strategies, apps and extensions for ELL students in mathematics, art, biology, earth science, language arts, social studies, music, and more!
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- The most efficient strategies for using free and low-cost tech resources with ELL students
- Timesaving tips for making the best use of free Google Tools to increase the effectiveness of your ELL instruction
- Practical strategies for using mobile devices to increase learning in reading, writing and math for ELL students
- Strategies for your ELL newcomers for employing comprehensible input from their first day
- How cutting-edge technology can differentiate learning for ELL students
- How you can use QR codes to create active learning environments
- Proven augmented reality applications for the ELL classroom
- Timesaving techniques to increase formative feedback and improve communication with ELL students
- Specific apps for decoding, fluency, vocabulary, comprehension, and writing
- Highly efficient teacher apps and tools to save you time
- Apps perfect for creating videos, presentations, visuals, and digital products required by your state standards
- Easy-to-use apps and strategies to increase motivation and authentic purposes for learning
- The most useful apps and strategies that will motivate your ELL students to practice and apply math skills
- Device agnostic tips and tricks for using tablets efficiently, including managing the devices in your classroom, whether you have one or many
- Teacher-friendly apps to help you work smarter, not harder
- Specific techniques to help your ELL students use digital strategies to increase the quality and fluency of their writing
- Ways to help ELL students meet state standards in writing with the help of a wide variety of digital tools and 21st Century teaching strategies
- Highly effective techniques to actively engage ELL students in authentic reading and reader response activities using what they love – digital tools!
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Today’s ELL students were born into a very different world from the one many of us grew up in. They are unaware of television before the digital video recorder; their favorite music has always been on-demand and free; it’s a world where 12.5 days of video footage is uploaded to YouTube every minute of every day; it is a world with near ubiquity of digital devices; and they are digital natives to this world. As 21st Century educators, we have the unique challenge of crossing into their world and preparing them for future careers that don’t yet exist.
I have a passion for utilizing the infinite technologies this new world provides and I can’t wait to share what I have found works best with ELL students. My focus for this new seminar will be on the best apps, tools and techniques for using smart devices, tablets, Chromebooks, and other technologies to best meet the needs of English Language Learners. As a fellow educator, I know how valuable your time is. I also know that trying to stay current in this new world of technology can quickly become overwhelming. To save you time, I will share the most useful device agnostic teaching strategies and apps available, and I will show you how to best utilize them in your classroom to engage and motivate ELL students while enhancing their academic and language learning experiences. During the seminar, you will see more than just apps. I will provide live demonstrations from start to finish so you will know exactly how to implement these tools in your classroom. You’ll also leave with an extensive resource handbook that will provide step-by-step instructions!
Whether you are a beginner or a digital ninja, you’ll leave this seminar with dozens of innovative, practical ideas you can utilize immediately with your English Language Learners!
I look forward to seeing you at the seminar!
James May Ed.D.
P.S. The focus of this seminar is on the latest tools and techniques for using smart devices, tablets, Chromebooks, and other technologies to best meet the needs of English Language Learners!
Who Should Attend
ESL Educators serving Grades K-12: ESL Teachers, Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Literacy Coaches, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Instructional Assistants Who Work with ELL Students, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive a strategy-packed resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. Included in the handbook are:
- Practical, instructional activities using a variety of devices and apps to enhance learning and engage all your students
- Descriptions of the newest, most effective ideas for using various mobile technologies to differentiate learning for ELL students
- Best-of-the-best strategies and apps across the curriculum
- And many more!
Make the Best Use of Your Time
Our goal is to make the best use of your time during the seminar while providing you with the greatest variety of practical applications for your classroom. To accomplish this goal we use a large screen multimedia projection system to demonstrate specific applications, digital tools and online resources throughout the day rather than individual devices. You are welcome to bring a fully charged wireless mobile device, but it is not a requirement to attend. Your resource handbook and a specially created website will provide you with project ideas and direct links to the online resources to support additional hands-on exploration after the seminar.
Meet and Share
This seminar provides participants a wonderful opportunity to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in using iPads, apps and other cutting-edge technology to enhance instruction for English Language Learners in grades K-12.
James May will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program for ELL students.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.