Managing Challenging Behaviors Using Developmentally Appropriate Strategies (Preschool-Second Grade)
Presented by Antoinette Taylor
Specifically Designed for Preschool Teachers, Kindergarten Teachers, First Grade Teachers, Second Grade Teachers, Multiage Teachers, Counselors, Special Education Staff, Instructional Aides, Child Care Providers, Specialists who work with young children, Title I Staff, and Administrators
- Immediate interventions and long-term system of supports for managing challenging behaviors in grades PreK-2
- Child-centered, developmentally appropriate practices for all students including special populations
- Self-care practices to counteract compassion fatigue so you can remain at your best and continue to help students with challenging behaviors
- Ways to support the needs of students with challenging behaviors while effectively reaching and teaching the whole class
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Increasingly we see young children with challenging behaviors demonstrating a combination of behavioral challenges and academic struggles that impact their ability to positively engage in their daily learning opportunities. How can we as educators most effectively identify, understand, and address these combined challenges? In this NEW, interactive seminar, outstanding educator and national presenter ANTOINETTE TAYLOR will share developmentally appropriate practices to help you work smarter, not harder to reduce challenging behaviors, maintain smooth daily routines and schedules, and increase success for your PreK – 2nd grade students. Explore a wealth of practical, educator-friendly strategies that simultaneously work to address challenging behaviors and academic struggles. Gain self-care practices for counteracting compassion fatigue so you can continue to best help students with challenging behaviors. Discover developmentally appropriate ways to teach and substitute appropriate behaviors for challenging ones, and strategies for what to do when reinforcements no longer work. Plus, much, much more! Join Antoinette for a day full of proven, usetomorrow, developmentally appropriate strategies and techniques to help you address and manage challenging behaviors.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Explore Highly Effective, Classroom-Proven Strategies for Addressing and Managing Challenging Behaviors
Gain essential developmentally appropriate tools and strategies that work to help you address and manage challenging behavior … Learn ways to teach your young students the knowledge, behavior, and skills needed to express their feelings and get what they need in more positive ways
- Teach Appropriate Replacement Skills to Improve Student Behavior
Learn how to identify the function of your students’ behavior and how to use that knowledge to teach developmentally appropriate replacement skills … Strengthen students’ social-emotional self-regulations skills
- Provide Students with Transferable Behavior, Knowledge, and Skills
Teach your students to develop skills that will help them be successful, both socially and academically, across their learning environment … Reinforce students’ ability to sustain newly acquired developmentally appropriate problem-solving skills
- Enhance Your Repertoire of Highly Effective Reinforcement Strategies and Replacement Skills
Discover developmentally appropriate practices that teach and substitute replacement skills and appropriate behaviors for challenging ones … Explore several reinforcement techniques and strategies, including what to do when reinforcements no longer work!
- Significantly Decrease Recurring Behaviors and Verbal Challenges
Learn the critical components necessary to understand stimuli that trigger students … Incorporate the best prevention-based strategies and interventions to stop challenging behaviors before they start
- Essential Self-Care Practices for Staff Working with Challenging Behaviors
Gain self-care practices for counteracting compassion fatigue so you can continue to best help students with challenging behaviors … Explore asset mindset and coping strategies to help you positively decompress, de-stress, and remain at your best
- Communicate More Effectively with Young Children with Developmental Delays and Challenging Behaviors
Apply proven strategies for more effectively providing directions, reinforcing rules, and verbally communicating expectations … Support students’ success during classroom routines and transitions
- Increase Your Effectiveness in Successfully Dealing with Challenging, Disruptive Behaviors as They Happen
Learn specific methods to deal with problems and challenges as they happen with individual children while maintaining control of the classroom as a whole … Ideas to help you de-escalate negative situations and avoid power struggles
- Maintain Your Classroom Authority in Positive Ways
Manage the most difficult classroom disruptions and challenges while preserving dignity and controlling your emotions … Learn practical, developmentally appropriate ways to help you successfully deal with your most challenging students while supporting each student as a valued member of the learning environment
- Receive an Extensive Challenging Behaviors Digital Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook, specifically designed for this seminar, and f illed with practical, developmentally appropriate techniques and strategies for addressing and managing challenging behaviors in young students
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Outstanding use-tomorrow developmentally appropriate strategies to provide intensive supports for young students with challenging behaviors
- Intervention strategies with practical, evidence-based, step-by-step guidance that outline what actions to take at each phase of implementation
- Developmentally appropriate ideas to teach your young students how to express what they need in productive ways
- Techniques to increase students’ self-regulation and help them need less adult intervention over time
- How to create the conditions where all students can learn, and you can teach when working with challenging behaviors
- Ideas that balance addressing the needs of students with challenging behaviors while maintaining high-quality instructional practices with the rest of the class
- Innovative, minor shifts you can make that will yield far greater results with students with challenging behaviors
- How to get to the root of what drives challenging behaviors you frequently see, and implications for interventions and next steps
- Effective ways to help students learn appropriate behavior through instruction, practice, feedback, and encouragement
- Successful skills to help you persist in working successfully with young students with challenging behaviors
- Practical ideas to increase student motivation and on-task behavior of students with challenging behaviors
- Proactive developmentally appropriate solutions to prevent challenging behaviors before they start
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
“I quit!” Have you ever thought or said that? I did … more than once! Looking at my classroom at the end of the day with desks flipped, books thrown to the floor, a lesson plan that I hardly addressed, and scratches on my arm, the only strategy I could think of was “I QUIT.” I just wanted to teach but this was the one thing that I never seemed to be able to consistently do. If you’ve ever felt this way, know that you are not alone.
In this seminar, I will share dozens of developmentally appropriate, practical, and easy-to-incorporate strategies and techniques that reduce challenging behaviors and prevent the cycle of recurring behaviors that get in the way of productive teaching and learning. I want to support you by sharing proven techniques and strategies for addressing and managing the challenging behaviors of your young students.
Everything I present in our day together will be practical and developmentally appropriate. You will learn specific ways to teach young students to regulate their thinking, emotions, and behavior, and ways to increase students’ ability to focus and stay engaged. We’ll look at what to do during and after difficult episodes to defuse situations and rebuild trusting relationships. Plus, we’ll explore self-care practices that interrupt compassion fatigue so you can continue to best help students with challenging behaviors.
I am excited to share my very best ideas for helping your students develop and maintain the skills and behaviors they need to be successful. Prepare for an interactive day full of developmentally appropriate strategies, techniques, practices, and resources you can use right away with your young students.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar!
P.S. If you transform the life of just one student this year your time will have been well spent. Invest a day with me and learn practical, developmentally appropriate strategies that can make a real difference in the lives of your young students.
Who Should Attend
Preschool Teachers, Kindergarten Teachers, First Grade Teachers, Second Grade Teachers, Multiage Teachers, Counselors, Special Education Staff, Instructional Aides, Child Care Providers, Specialists who work with young children, Title I Staff, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Specific ready to use activities, strategies, and ideas to help improve young students’ behavior
- Proven techniques to encourage and support appropriate participation
- Self-care practices to help you restore your energy and reduce stress
- Ideas for strengthening young students’ motivation to learn and expressing their needs more positively
- Step-by-step developmentally appropriate strategies and resources to support young students with challenging behaviors
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in addressing and managing challenging behaviors.
Antoinette Taylor will be available for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.