101 Best Strategies to Increase the Effectiveness and Impact of Your School Library Program (Grades K-12)
Presented by Lakisha Brinson
Specifically Designed for School Librarians, Media Specialists, Library Aides, Resource Teachers, and Administrators Serving Grades
- 101 best strategies to increase the effectiveness and impact of your entire school library program
- Timesaving tips that will increase your efficiency in responding to the diverse academic needs of students and school staff
- Powerful uses of American Association of School Librarians best websites for teaching and learning
- Using the Future Ready Library Framework for designing highly effective school library programs that are academically essential
You are welcome to bring your own fully charged laptop, Chromebook, tablet, or other electronic device to view the full range of resources covered, however, it is not a requirement to attend this seminar.
Practical Ideas and Strategies
The role of the library media specialist continues to be re-defined. Once thought of as mere librarians or presenters of good stories, they are now considered academic collaborative instructors with expertise for developing 21st-century competency skills. In this timely and highly practical seminar, Google Certified Teacher and Microsoft Innovate Educator, Lakisha Brinson will share ways to make the best use of Google Tools along with other cutting-edge technology in your school library.
Lakisha will share how to use a highly effective, multi-faceted approach to librarianship as well as numerous ideas and practical strategies to increase the effectiveness and impact of your school library program. She will share proven ways to design creative collaborative projects, leverage social media and increase community and family partnerships. As a Google Certified Teacher, Lakisha will share ways to make the best use of Google Tools along with other cutting-edge technology in your school library. In addition, you will learn innovative ideas to create a more future-ready, student-centered library environment.
You will leave this seminar with a plethora of practical and best practices for both the novice and the experienced librarian.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Increase the Effectiveness and Impact of Your School Library Program
Receive more than 101 of the best strategies to help increase the effectiveness and impact of your school library/media center … Create an academically essential school library program
- Utilize AASL Websites and Apps for Teaching and Learning and Other Cutting-Edge Technology
Strengthen your knowledge of AASL Websites and the latest technological resources to strengthen your school library program … Support teachers' and students' use of technology in ways that increase their academic success
- Utilize the Future Ready Library Framework to Better Support Diverse Needs
Learn practical, creative, state-of-the-art strategies to strengthen and enhance your library program in ways that support the diverse academic needs of your students and school staff
- Increase Circulation by Creating a More Student-Centered Space
Increase your library circulation by using student-centered approaches … Learn how to use students to generate support
- Boost Your Students' Interest in Quality Literature
Explore innovative ways to increase students' interest in quality literature … Learn how to more effectively use booktalks and technology to increase students' desire to read quality literature
- Create Engaging Lessons that Support Academic Instruction and Accelerate Student Learning
Discover innovative ways to use current standards to create engaging, student-centered lessons … Explore authentic lessons that support classroom instruction and enhanced student learning
- Accelerate Library Usage by Students and School Staff
Discover innovative ways that have students and school staff flocking to your space … Increase opportunities for administration and teachers to better utilize the tools and resources provided in your library
- Streamline Management of Your Library Space
Streamline essential administrative functions to more efficiently organize your schedule and collect data … Gain more time in your day
- Increase Your Productivity Through Flipped Library Lessons
Learn the best tools for "flipping" library instruction … Blogs, screencast, podcasting, and more will be shared as well as innovative ways to use these tools to increase student motivation, interest and participation
- Receive an Extensive School Library Media Resource Handbook
Leave with an extensive school library resource handbook filled with 101 of the newest, most current ideas, strategies and materials for strengthening and enhancing your library program
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- 101 of the best ideas for strengthening your entire school library media program
- Innovative ways to more effectively collaborate with classroom teachers
- Practical ideas for implementing STEM/STEAM in your school or community
- Strategies for implementing AASL Tools and other cutting-edge technology in your collaborative projects
- How to create a Future Ready Library program
- Practical ideas for utilizing social media to expand the impact of your school library program
- The best free or inexpensive resources to increase your library collection
- How to motivate students to read and enjoy quality literature
- Proven resources and methods for helping you stay current in the ever changing library/media field
- How to increase students' ability to select online resources and tools
- Multiple scheduling options that will increase circulation and collaboration
- Numerous activities that can be replicated to engage your readers
- Innovative ways to use current standards to create engaging, student-centered lessons
- The latest blogs, websites and other online platforms that increase students' motivation to read and write
- Specific strategies for networking with colleagues in your district, region, state, and nation
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Extensive research and firsthand testimonials point to the fact that quality school library programs significantly impact student learning. In my work as a classroom teacher, STEM instructional designer and a teacher-librarian, I have experienced this impact firsthand. My various roles have allowed me to experience the struggles of both teachers and librarians in finding time to collaborate, meet the needs of all learners and stay abreast of new trends. My role as a district librarian coach provided me the distinct opportunity to learn and share best practices at each level.
My goal is to present a seminar that will allow you to build on the successful practices you already have. Examples of exemplary lessons, project-based learning ideas, and advancements in technology will be shared to meet the needs of all school librarians. I am confident that you will find the ideas and resources practical and readily available for implementation in your own school library program. Our day promises to be filled with practical strategies and perspectives that will empower you to rethink your current practices, increase student-centered approaches, more effectively reach students, teachers, and the community and so much more!
Throughout the day, more than 100 strategies and resources will be presented to assist you in creating an academically essential and more effective library program. I look forward to talking and learning with you at the seminar.
P.S. This seminar will focus on 101 of the best, most practical, student-centered ideas that can be seamlessly implemented in your library media center.
Who Should Attend
School Librarians, Media Specialists, Library Aides, Resource Teachers, and Administrators Serving Grades K-12
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive School Library Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive school library resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Numerous, creative, easy-to-implement ideas for strengthening your library media program
- Ideas on how to maximize Google Tools and other cutting-edge technology in the library
- Models of effective school library programs
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in strengthening their school library program.
Lakisha Brinson will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your school(s) or district.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.