Two Day Intensive PRE-K Leadership Institute
STRENGTHENING YOUR PRE-K PROGRAM:
Powerful Strategies to Increase Young Students' Skills
Specifically Designed for Teachers, Instructional Assistants, Directors, and Principals Working with
- Learn the key components of exemplary Pre-K programs that incorporate challenging, yet developmentally appropriate literacy and math foundational skills, and how you can integrate these components into your program
- Self-evaluate your Pre-K program based on the tenets of effective instruction and examine the structures that work best to ensure a solid foundation for ALL your three-, four- and five-year-old students – Leave with a plan
- Build a powerful success model for students by incorporating your standards in small group and whole group instruction
- Learn how to develop strong partnerships between schools, parents, teachers, and para-professionals to ensure success for ALL students from ALL backgrounds
- Acquire dozens of instantly usable strategies, innovative tips and techniques you can use and share with your school and district Pre-K teams
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Learn how to enhance your Pre-K program in this strategy packed, two-day institute led by popular national presenter and early childhood expert, Angela Cameron. You will discover key components necessary to help all your young students get a solid start in learning and prepare them for future success. You will learn ways to build teacher and staff expertise in working with young students along with ways to monitor and adjust for student differences. This is a unique opportunity to evaluate your current Pre-K program in light of current research and developmentally appropriate practices, gain an in-depth look at key components of highly successful Pre-K programs and how these can be applied to your own school or district model.Take an intensive look at what works for young learners and how you can adapt it to meet the needs of your students. You will leave this two-day institute with dozens of practical strategies, an extensive resource handbook to help you enhance your Pre-K program, and a plan of priority areas to address in your own program. Join Angela and your colleagues for two, fast-paced days packed with the best research-based strategies to increase your students' achievement in preparation for their school success.
A Practical, Two-Day Institute Focused on Increasing the Effectiveness of Your Pre-K Program
Plan to attend as a school or district team, a representative team member or district leader to increase the effectiveness of your Pre-K program. You will learn how to build on the success of your current program, identify the key components that have the greatest impact on young learners, and find the specific areas you need to target for implementation and improvement. Leave equipped with a wealth of the most effective Pre-K instructional strategies that will help accelerate readiness to learn skills and build a strong foundation for your Pre-K students.
Develop a Plan to Structure Your Pre-K Program for the Greatest Results and to Boost Staff Expertise
Discover the attributes of highly successful Pre-K programs and how you apply them in your own program, including building teacher instructional expertise in working with Pre-K students. Gain dozens of practical instructional strategies you apply immediately with your students in reading, writing, oral language, and math. During the two days, you will learn how to better collect and interpret specific data about your current program and how to make specific adjustments that will lead to greater student growth.
Two-Day Intensive Pre-K Leadership Institute
Here's what you will learn:
- Key components of exemplary Pre-K programs that establish a firm foundation in literacy and math … Implications for your own school or district program
- Develop a repertoire of intervention strategies your specialists, teachers and para-professionals can use specifically with Pre-K students
- Specific ideas to provide scientifically research-based instruction that will enable you and your teachers to strengthen students' reading, writing and math skills
- How to build on what you currently have in place by targeting what your students really need and what you can add or change
- Formal and informal assessments to quickly track students' progress in literacy and math skills – as well as record keeping ideas
- Developmentally appropriate ways to teach your state standards, RTI and a wealth of practical strategies ideal for meeting the needs of all students
- Practical ways to involve and train parents for maximum effectiveness in your Pre-K program and to ensure success for your students
- Ideas for creating an effective instructional team that includes teachers, para-professionals, specialists, administrators, and parents as partners
- Dozens of research-based ideas to strengthen students' foundational skills in early reading
- Classroom-proven strategies to build number sense and other key math concept skills in Pre-K
- Strategies for scaffolding children's letter/sound knowledge to help them begin to write
- Create aligned, student-centered stations that allow students to practice their knowledge and skills across the curriculum
- Proven techniques for modeling reading strategies, writing and mathematical thinking skills each day
- Specific training on best practices for teaching the foundational skills of Phonological Awareness – implications for your district, school, classroom, professional development, and/or parent training
- Techniques for grouping Pre-K students by specific instructional needs for literacy and math instruction
- How to track student progress and provide specific, formative feedback to students, para-professionals, specialists, and parents.
- Discover simple, interactive activities to target specific Phonological Awareness and Phonics skills
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Teaching Pre-K students has given me some of my greatest joys, as well as my biggest challenges! Each year brings a new set of eager, smiling faces – each with a different set of experiences. Some have been read to daily while others have rarely, if ever, held a book or crayon in their little hands. Some walk through the doors already reading and writing while others don't recognize their printed names. One thing they all have in common is an eagerness and expectation to learn to read and write! I know you face these same challenges wherever you teach. One of the most important pieces of your program is teachers who have the expertise to determine what each student knows and how to build on that knowledge. In addition, an effective and efficient organization and set-up of a Pre-K program can make reaching the goals for young learners much more attainable. Join your colleagues for two days dedicated to building teacher expertise and planning for successful Pre-K programs in your school or district.
During the two days, I will be sharing dozens of developmentally appropriate strategies, ideas, mini-lessons, and activities you can pick and choose from to use with your three-, four- and five-year-old students. You will find that all the strategies meet the varying readiness levels and learning abilities in your classrooms. Not only are these lessons research-based, but most importantly, they are fun for students and teachers.
Please join me for this practical, two-day institute designed specifically for Pre-K teachers, directors and staff, which will be filled with dozens of strategies for building on and enhancing your entire Pre-K program. Whether you are a veteran or new to teaching Pre-K, you will find innovative ways to reach and exceed the goals of your program. I look forward to meeting each of you at the institute and sharing our passion for teaching young children!
Who Should Attend
Teachers, Instructional Assistants, Directors, and Principals working with Pre-K students.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive, user-friendly resource handbook designed specifically for this institute. Included in the handbook are:
- Dozens of research-based ideas to strengthen students' foundational skills in early reading
- Formal and informal assessments to quickly track students' progress in literacy and math skills
- How to provide specific, formative feedback to students, para-professionals, specialists, and parents
- Activities to engage your young students in prewriting and writing throughout the school day
- Classroom and school-wide family involvement ideas that work
- Dozens of instantly usable strategies, innovative tips and techniques you can use and share with your school and district Pre-K teams
Meet and Share
This institute provides participants a great opportunity to meet and share ideas with other educators who are looking at creating or strengthening their Pre-K programs.
Angela Cameron will be available at the institute for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own Pre-K program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.