Powerful Strategies to Improve Social Emotional Learning
Presented by Kristin Burke
Specifically Designed for K-12 SEL Teams, District Leaders, Principals, Instructional Coaches, Counselors, Classroom Teachers on School SEL Teams
- Learn how to organize your Social Emotional Learning (SEL) program based on the tenets of best practices and leave with a highly effective implementation plan
- Timesaving ways to develop a comprehensive, highly effective plan whether you are just starting out or looking to take your SEL instruction to the next level
- Acquire dozens of instantly usable strategies, innovative tips and MINDFULNESS techniques that support SEL that you can use and share in the classroom, with colleagues, as tools for parents & home-school connection too!
- Learn the most practical strategies for the successful development of a SEL program and how it can be most effectively integrated into your schools and classrooms
A Practical, Two-Day Institute Focused on Strengthening Your Social Emotional Learning Program
Plan to attend as a school team, department team, district team, or as a school/district or teacher leader to gain specific strategies to increase the effectiveness and streamline the planning for your Social Emotional Learning (SEL) program. You will learn how to build on the success of your current program, identify the key components that have the greatest impact on student achievement and find specific areas you need to target for implementation and improvement. Leave equipped with a wealth of the most effective SEL strategies and perspective supporting immediate application to help you accelerate achievement for all your students, including those who may have experienced trauma or live in constant high-stress environments.
Develop a Plan to Increase the Effectiveness of your Social Emotional Learning Program
Discover the attributes of highly effective Social Emotional Learning Programs and how you can start or strengthen Social Emotional Learning in your own classroom, grade level, school, or district, including building teacher instructional expertise and developing a comprehensive plan. During the two days, you will learn numerous strategies to maximize achievement for your students. Ideas and tips for planning, scheduling and evaluating will be shared along with specific ideas on the critical Social Emotional Learning skills in order to create a successful inclusive learning environment. You will also receive an extensive digital resource handbook to help you implement all you learn.
Here's what you will learn:
- Key strategies for changing the dynamics of your classrooms or schools to increase positivity and productivity
- Improve classroom and school climates systematically using proven structures and systems successful in any K-12 environment
- Deepen your understanding of what the SEL core competencies look like and the best ways to develop them in your learning community
- Innovative strategies and mindfulness insight to increase students’ learning despite some of the challenges they may face
- Better understand the process of integrating SEL into your existing classrooms and schools with a mindfulness toolkit to reduce disruptive behaviors and empower ALL students
- Discover models that integrate the resources you already have to meet both academic and behavioral needs of your students, teachers, and communities at large
- Use data to inform (not overwhelm) your decision making
- Dozens of strategies, resources, and tools to use right away with confidence
- Specific steps to develop a practical, effective implementation plan that you can rely on throughout your SEL growth process
- Resources to use when designing trainings, educating stakeholders, or embedding strategies into your SEL program
- Powerful tools for all entry points – whether you’re just starting or looking to refine your existing program with more MINDFULNESS
- Discover strategies for overcoming the challenges of implementing a successful SEL program
- Practical ideas for maintaining and sustaining your SEL program
- Learn which evidence-based practices are easily and successfully implemented in the real world faced by today’s teachers
- Explore SEL frameworks, compare intervention tools and leave with a plan that works for you
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
In today’s schools we must consider so much more than our daily objectives, curriculum maps, and classroom routines if we want to achieve success with all our students. Students across the nation are in need of high quality Social Emotional Learning (SEL). As an experienced SEL educator and mindfulness advocate for grades K-12 students, I stand beside you now and recognize that today you are, in many ways, carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders. The presence of your school community is likely the one constant, dependable structure for your students and it is our most urgent task to implement practices to support the whole child; from academics to social emotional learning, it is our duty.
It is a challenge for many educators to teach social and emotional competencies in any environment. Even from the start of my career, I knew my students needed something beyond academics. At first, I wasn’t sure what was missing. I could see in my students a high level of stress with low level skills for self-regulation. This led to my investigation of SEL competencies and how implementing a SEL program integrated with mindfulness impacts our students’ ability to focus, reduce stress, and increase desire to achieve. I have done the work of unraveling SEL for you and invite you to join me for an empowering two-day institute designed specifically to further develop your skills in social emotional learning.
Together we can lay the foundation of the best SEL program our students and communities yearn for. Whether you are beginning your SEL journey, or your community is already underway, I will share with you systems, strategies, and resources to empower you and your team as the leaders in Social and Emotional Learning. During our time together, I will positively influence any learning environment grades K-12 and it will empower you to confidently influence your colleagues as you walk away with more clarity of purpose and strategies that work!
My goal for our time together is that you will be supported to truly take your SEL program to the next level. You will gain many new, practical tools and a precise plan for implementation of an SEL program based on the latest research and best practices with consideration for current real-world demands and challenges your community could present. I am thrilled and honored to join you in your Social Emotional Learning development!
P.S. You will leave this institute with dozens of practical ideas and an extensive digital resource handbook to help you implement the strategies as soon as you return to your school!
Who Should Attend
K-12 SEL Teams, District Leaders, Principals, Instructional Coaches, Counselors, Classroom Teachers on School SEL Teams
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Models of successful SEL programs
- Rubrics to assess your current leel of success and strategies to further your implementation
- Charts and reproducibles for organizing your plan
- Tips for communicating with colleagues, families, and your community
Kristin Burke will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.