STRENGTHENING YOUR TITLE I PROGRAM: Powerful Intervention Strategies to Accelerate Achievement for Struggling Students (Grades K-6)
Presented by Kelly Harmon
Specifically Designed for K?6 District and School Leaders, Leadership Teams, District Curriculum Coordinators, Title I Directors, Principals, Literacy and Math Coaches, Reading Specialists and Classroom Teachers on School or District Teams or Committees
- Learn the key components of the most exemplary Title I programs that accelerate the success of struggling learners and how you can incorporate these components into your existing Title I program
- Organize your Title I program based on the tenets of best practices and examine the structures that work best to increase student achievement
- Develop expertise in working with at?risk students to close the achievement gap and make more than adequate yearly progress
- Acquire dozens of instantly usable strategies, innovative tips and techniques you can use and share with your school and district Title I teams
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Learn how to better lead your school or district Title I team in this strategy?packed, two-day institute led by nationally acclaimed presenter, Kelly Harmon. You will discover how to work with teachers to identify and implement the most effective, cutting?edge, research?based instructional strategies to increase school and district-wide student achievement. You will learn how to develop teacher expertise in working with struggling students along with ways to continually monitor and adjust instruction based on student results. This is a unique opportunity to evaluate your own Title I program in light of current research that identifies the most effective instructional practices, and gain an in?depth look at the key components of highly successful Title I programs and how these can be applied to your own Title I school or district model. Take an intensive look at what works for struggling learners and how you can adapt it to meet the needs in your school or district. You will walk away with dozens of practical strategies and an extensive resource handbook to help you lead and teach your teachers.
Join Kelly and your colleagues for two, fast?paced days packed with the best research?based strategies to increase reading and math achievement for your at?risk students.
A Practical, Two?Day Institute Focused on Increasing Achievement for Your Struggling Students in Title I Programs
Plan to attend as a school or district team, a representative team member or district leader to increase the effectiveness of your Title I program. You will learn how to build on the success of your current program, identify the key components that have the greatest impact on student achievement and find the specific areas you need to target for implementation and improvement. Leave equipped with a wealth of the most effective Title I instructional strategies that will help accelerate your at?risk students’ achievement in grades K?6.
Develop a Plan to Structure Your Title I Program for Greater Results and to Boost Teacher Expertise
Discover the attributes of highly successful Title I programs and how you can use these in your own program, including building teacher instructional expertise in working with struggling students. Gain dozens of practical, instructional strategies you can use immediately with your students in reading and math. During the two days, you will learn how to better collect and interpret specific data about your current Title I program and how to make specific adjustments that will lead to improved student achievement. To enhance your application to your own Title I program, please bring your own assessment data from one or more specific classrooms, school or district.
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Key components of exemplary Title I programs that accelerate student learning … Implications for your own school or district program
- Develop a repertoire of intervention strategies your Title I teachers can use with students
- Effectively track and document student progress toward mastery of your grade?level state standards
- Practical intervention ideas to increase fluency in reading and math computation
- Strategies for empowering struggling students to take ownership of their learning
- Specific strategies for teaching students living in poverty
- Proven strategies to scaffold thinking and plan lessons that build on students’ prior knowledge and skills
- Techniques for grouping Title I students by specific instructional needs for guided reading and math instruction
- Formal and informal assessments to quickly determine what’s important to teach next to ensure acceleration of reading achievement
- Discover how the brain learns and how fluency is developed
- Strategies for recording and representing new knowledge including academic notebooks, graphic organizers and note?making tools
- Strategies for developing academic vocabulary
- Minute-by-minute monitoring to increase achievement – make learning adjustments on the spot
- Understand why students struggle and what you can do about it
- Discover simple, interactive activities to target specific comprehension skills
- Use focus lessons and thinking strategies to teach new content, deepen understanding and practice skills
- Create rigorous, student?centered tasks that allow students to utilize their knowledge and skills across the curriculum
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Teaching struggling, at?risk students can be the most rewarding, yet challenging endeavor an educator can undertake. As a teacher of many struggling students, I have seen children flounder due to misconceptions about the specific instruction the child actually needs to increase understanding and learning. The most important ingredient is a teacher who has the expertise to determine what the student already knows and how to build on that knowledge. In addition, an effective, efficient set?up of a Title I program can make reaching the goals for at?risk students much more attainable. Join your colleagues for two days dedicated to building teacher expertise and planning for a successful Title I program in your school or district.
During the two days, I will share with you many proven and research?based strategies that accelerate the reading and math achievement of at?risk students. You’ll experience hands?on strategies to increase teacher expertise and build on your current Title I model. Grouping, assessing, choosing high?impact materials and technology, developing thinking skills, and motivating students are just some of the topics I will address.
I extend to you a personal invitation with a pledge from me that you’ll leave this two?day institute with dozens of practical strategies for accelerating your Title I students’ achievement and for building and enhancing your entire Title I program. You’ll also leave with the extensive resource handbook I wrote specifically for this two?day program to help you work with your students, teachers and teams to increase the achievement of your struggling learners.
P.S. You will learn dozens of specific instructional strategies you can use to greatly increase the success of your grades K?6 students.
Who Should Attend
K?6 District and School Leaders and Leadership Teams, District Curriculum Coordinators, Title I Directors, Principals, Literacy and Math Coaches, Reading Specialists and Classroom Teachers on School or District Teams or Committees
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Strategies for creating a learning environment for accelerating achievement
- Instructional strategies for at?risk students
- Tips for effective assessment and teaching
- Ideas for developing teacher expertise
- And much more!
Kelly Harmon will be available throughout the two?day institute for consultation regarding your questions about the unique needs of your own Title I program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.