Practical Ideas for Making Best Use of GOOGLE CLASSROOM to Enhance Instruction (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Anne Truger
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Technology Specialists, Instructional Coaches, Library/Media Specialists, and Administrators
- Practical ways to utilize Google Classroom to greatly enhance content instruction and streamline student engagement in the secondary classroom
- Differentiate instruction more easily with a variety of free Google Tools that allow you to customize Chrome and better meet the needs of all of your students
- Timesaving strategies to more easily manage student work in Google Classroom … Assign, collect, grade, and give feedback with just a few clicks
- Enhance content instruction in the secondary classroom using the best free Google Apps and Add Ons
You are welcome to bring a fully charged Chromebook or laptop with a Chrome Browser installed. It is not, however, a requirement to attend this seminar. An iPad or an Android tablet will not provide access to the full range of Google or Chrome resources covered in the seminar.
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This outstanding seminar is designed for educators working with students in the secondary classroom who want to make the most effective use of Google Classroom and a variety of free Google Tools and Apps to enhance content learning, communication and collaboration. Google for Education Certified Trainer and Innovator, Anne Truger, will show you new ways to more efficiently tap into the power ofonline student collaboration with Google Classroom and how to take greater advantage of the most useful aspects of G Suite for Education.
You will also learn how to make the best use of many useful Google Tools including Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Forms, Google Slides, add-ons, and more! Anne will also share the ways many districts are stretching their technology budgets through the incorporation of affordably priced Google Chromebooks for students, and leveling the technology playing field with Google Chrome and Chromebooks.
Whether you are new to using Google Classroom or are an experienced user, you’ll leave this seminar with a wealth of ideas, knowledge and tools that you’ll be able to use immediately in your work with grades 6-12 students.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Learn What Every Secondary Educator Needs to Know About Essential Google Classroom Practices
Understand how to best use Google Classroom to manage communications and document work flow in grades 6-12
- Unleash the Power of Google Classroom
Examine how you can use Google Classroom to create and organize assignments, provide feedback and communicate more efficiently with large numbers of students
- Utilize the Newest Features of Google Classroom
Discover the newest features of Google Classroom … Be prepared to be amazed!
- Enhance Student Collaboration with Teacher-Tested Google Classroom Projects and Activities
Sample a variety of projects that you can take back and customize specifically for your work with grades 6-12 students
- Streamline Your Workflow and Provide Quick Feedback with Google Classroom + Google Forms
Learn essential strategies to assign documents, name and submit assignments, provide feedback, and grade and return assignments … Discover how a simple Google Form can become a timesaving drop box
- Create Customized Content with YouTube, Flipped Instruction and Powerful Web Tools
Learn how to easily create tutorials, webcasts and lessons to support any-time, any-place learning
- Utilize the Full Potential of Google Forms
Explore the amazing ways teachers are using Google Forms beyond simple survey tools … From formative assessments and exit tickets to creating observations and data collection using mobile devices
- Differentiate Instruction More Effectively By Using the Best FREE Chrome Extensions and Google Drive Add-Ons
Support all learners with extensions and add-ons to be more productive, remove distractions and extend the learning experience
- Harness the Full Power of Google Tools
Explore outstanding ways to fully leverage the incredible power of Google Tools for collaboration, communication and assessment in grades 6-12
- Receive an Extensive Google Classroom Resource Handbook and Special Website Access
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook that includes detailed descriptions and practical classroom applications of each of the Google Tools and Apps presented during the seminar … Receive information on how to access a specially created website with helpful links and online tutorials to support you after the seminar
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical strategies for using Google Classroom and a variety of free Google Tools to enhance content instruction in the secondary classroom
- Timesaving tips and tools for using Chromebooks/Chrome to make your life easier, both in and out of the classroom
- How to find, download and install the latest Chrome extensions that are applicable to secondary instruction
- Work smarter, not harder … Learn timesaving tips for using Google Classroom more efficiently, including self-grading, multiple-choice, etc.
- How Google Classroom can be used to differentiate content instruction with students in the secondary classroom
- Explore the most useful ways to structure your lessons and assignments with HyperDocs
- Access your bookmarks, information and files from anywhere … Learn how
- A wealth of ways to fully engage your students in productive collaborative learning
- How to use built-in apps to streamline classroom management and routines
- Valuable tips to get the most from every Chromebook in your classroom
- Explore ways to customize your settings to make the most of G Suite applications like Classroom, Docs, Sheets, and more
- How to set up your bell ringer and exit ticket activities with Google Classroom
- Advanced applications of Google Classroom to streamline your work and communicate with students and parents with ease
- Ways to increase communication and participation, and provide just-in-time feedback
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As educators, we know firsthand that things are rapidly changing in our field. Most students carry around more computing power in their pockets than any of us could ever have imagined. Students are one website, one click or one text away from most answers. Though information is readily available, rarely do our students know how best to use it. How can we help our students take a more active role in their learning and how can we best prepare them for the future? This is what excites me about Google Classroom.
Google Classroom is an incredible tool that can change the landscape of the work you do with your grades 6-12 students. No longer are students waiting to be told what to do when they arrive, but rather they can simply open up Classroom and start the “bell ringer” or entry activity for the day. Google Classroom can help you meet the goals of becoming more paperless and setting up a student/teacher workflow that’s effective and saves you time. Google Classroom is a powerful tool in its own right, but when paired with the G Suite of educational tools it becomes an outstanding tool that can reshape your instructional landscape to help you better meet the needs of your students.
As an experienced middle and high school teacher, I have designed this seminar specifically to meet your needs. We will cover not only how to make the best use of Google Classroom but also many other Google Tools. We will explore a variety of ways to fully integrate the Google Suite of Educational Tools into your classroom. Whether you are brand new to Google Classroom or an experienced user, you will find a wealth of practical ideas, classroom-tested projects, and timesaving productivity strategies.
Join me for a day full of learning, exploring, sharing, and creating that will help you make the best use of Google Classroom to enhance your instruction.
I look forward to sharing and collaborating with you soon!
P.S. I promise that you will leave with a toolbox full of tips, ideas and practical strategies that you can implement the very next day!
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Technology Specialists, Instructional Coaches, Library/ Media Specialists, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Google Classroom Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive Google Classroom resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- A detailed overview of the functionality of Google Classroom
- Recommendations for setting up and managing Google Classroom that will save time and alleviate stress for teachers and students
- Practical strategies and ideas for best integrating G Suite into the curriculum
- Descriptions, images, publishers, and pricing information for the newest, most effective Chrome apps for secondary school classrooms
- Tips and tricks for making best use of Google Classroom, Google Drive and other Google resources
Meet and Share
This seminar provides participants a great opportunity to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in strengthening their instructional program using Google Classroom.
Anne Truger will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Make Best Use of Your Time
You are welcome to bring a fully charged Chromebook or laptop with a Chrome Browser installed. It is not, however, a requirement to attend this seminar. An iPad or an Android tablet will not provide access to the full range of Google or Chrome resources covered in the seminar. Your resource handbook and a specially created website will support your individual hands-on exploration of the ideas and resources presented during the seminar when you return to your school.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.