Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Making Best Use of GOOGLE CLASSROOM and Free G SUITE Apps to Enhance Content Learning (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Andrew Mann
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Technology Specialists, Library/Media Specialists, and Administrators
- Practical strategies to master Google Classroom to enhance content instruction and streamline student engagement in the secondary classroom
- Proven ways to differentiate instruction using free Chrome extensions and add-ons to better meet the needs of all learners
- Innovative methods to better engage students in discussions and collaboration with teacher-tested projects you may copy and customize for your students
You will be a more engaged learner if you bring a fully charged Chromebook or laptop with a Chrome browser installed. An iPad will not provide the same apps we cover in the seminar; you are welcome to bring a tablet as a secondary device, however, a Chromebook or laptop is recommended, but not required.
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this outstanding seminar, national award-winning instructor, and Certified Google Education Trainer, Andy Mann, will show you how to make best use the Google app and manage projects through Google Classroom to improve student engagement and learning. Designed specifically for teachers in grades 6-12, this seminar will provide you with powerful new strategies for leveraging technology resources to improve the learning and organizational skills of your secondary students. You'll leave with a wealth of strategies and resources which can easily be adapted to the needs of your students in any content area.
This seminar is perfect for teachers using Google Classroom every day as well as those just beginning to test the waters of "Classroom." You'll leave this dynamic seminar with ideas you can begin to use the next day.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Master Google Classroom Workflow
Learn to more efficiently manage the Google Classroom Stream to assign, grade and return documents, manage online discussions and create exit ticket questions to check for understanding
- Explore Teacher-Tested Google Drive Projects to Engage Student Collaboration
Sample a variety of teacher-tested projects which you can copy and customize for your students
- Utilize Must-Have Extensions to More Efficiently Differentiate Instruction
Support all learners with extensions and Add-ons to summarize an article, remove distractions and convert speech to text and instantly push a website out to your students
- Discover New Google Classroom Features
Discover the newest features of Google Classroom, timesaving tips to improve parent communications and anytime/anyplace learning with the Classroom app
- Create Self-Graded Quizzes Using Google Forms
Explore how to use Google Forms for self-graded quizzes, which can be password protected and include image or math formulas
- Unleash the Potential of Google Drawing
Examine how students can use Google Drawing to create mind-maps, graphic organizers, timelines, storyboards, infographics, math problems, and more
- Simplify the Group and Individual Feedback Process
Make it easier to provide timely class and individual feedback with text and video feedback tools
- Create Video Tutorials to Flip Instruction
Learn to easily create video tutorials and screencasts to support for any-time, any-place learning and model students' use of video to demonstrate mastery
- Create Engaging Class Discussions with Questions and Video
Check for understanding in Classroom's Question Stream with text and surveys, then sample online video discussions using Flipgrid
- Receive an Extensive Google Classroom Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook packed with foundation skills, tips, and practical classroom projects … You will also be given an ebook copy of Andy's presentation – making it easy to take notes, access web resources and copy/customize Classroom projects
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Core Google Classroom strategies to simplify workflow and student/parent communications
- Ways to develop the collaborative skills employers want through an assortment of Google App collaboration projects - assigned and managed in Google Classroom
- How to more deeply engage student creativity with projects that use a built-in camera and mic and free audio and video apps
- How you can craft questions through Google Classroom's Question Stream to encourage group discussion and higher-level thinking
- Sample student-tested Google Classroom strategies and projects which you may copy and customize for use in your classroom the next day
- Practical strategies that harness the power of the Share with Google Classroom extension to push web resources to your students and have students push resources to you
- How to connect the most useful non-Google apps with your Google Classroom students, making it easy to give assignments from within other apps
- Ways to more effectively differentiate instruction to accommodate all students with a core collection of Google app add-ons and Chrome extensions
- Timesaving tips to use Google Classroom more efficiently, including self-grading, choice and project-based assessments
- New ways to use Google Classroom, tips, and shortcuts - new users and Google Classroom veterans will love
- Innovative ways to use Google Drawing for all your visual learners using mind-maps, graphic organizers, storyboards, and more
- The best non-Google apps to enhance learning and assessment and smoothly integrate into Google Classroom
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
This is an exciting time to be a teacher. With instant access to information and tools such as Google Classroom and Chromebooks, our role has shifted from knowledge expert to guide and coach. The challenge continues as employers are asking schools to prepare students to be effective collaborators, clear communicators, and creative problem solvers. The good news: the G Suite of apps can help you meet these goals, and Google Classroom is the foundation. Join me for this day of exploring the best strategies for using Google Classroom to better manage workflow, grade, and provide feedback as you sample higher level thinking Google apps projects. Test out the best Classroom connected non-Google apps as you learn how Classroom can improve parent communications and help every student be better organized. During the seminar I'll be providing time for you to practice using a core collection of Chrome extensions to differentiate instruction and support all learners.
I invite you to come learn with me for a day. I will provide you with an extensive resource handbook packed with foundation skills, tips, and practical classroom projects. We will go on a journey together. Whether you are an experienced Google Classroom using teacher or just getting started, you will leave with practical, student-tested lessons that you may freely copy and customize for immediately use with your students.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar.
P.S. As a veteran secondary teacher, I understand the extra effort it requires to be out of the classroom, even for a day. I promise you that our day learning together will be well worth your time. You will leave with a greatly expanded repertoire of practical strategies and timesaving tips you be able to use immediately.
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Technology Specialists, Library/Media Specialists, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
You'll Receive an Extensive Google Tools and Apps Resource Handbook, a Copy of the Slide Presentation, and Access to a Specially Created Website
Each participant will receive an extensive Google Classroom resource handbook and accompanying slide deck designed for this seminar. The handbook and eBook include:
- A detailed overview of the ways you can save time and increase your effectiveness using Google Classroom
- Practical strategies and ideas for integrating G Suite and Chromebooks into the curriculum
- Detailed Information about the best non-Google apps which can seamlessly connect to your Google Classroom classes for easy integration
- Tips and tricks and for using Google Classroom, Google apps and the latest learning tools
Make Best Use of Your Time
Our goal is to make the best use of your time during the seminar while providing you with the greatest variety of practical applications for your classroom. To accomplish this goal we use a large screen multimedia projection system to demonstrate specific applications, digital tools and online resources throughout the day rather, than individual devices. Though not a requirement to attend, attendees find they are more engaged learners if they bring a fully charged Chromebook or laptop with the Chrome browser installed in order to practice what is demonstrated. An iPad will not provide the same apps use we cover in the seminar; you are welcome to bring a tablet as a secondary device, however, a Chromebook or laptop is recommended. Your resource handbook, a copy of the slide presentation, and a specially created website will provide you with project ideas and direct links to the online resources to support additional hands-on exploration after the seminar.
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in using Google Tools and Apps to enhance their instructional programs in grades 6-12.
Andy Mann will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your classroom, school or district.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.