Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Best Use of iPads® and Other Cutting-Edge Technology to Strengthen Content Learning
Presented by Andy Mann
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, ELL Teachers, Title I Staff, Literacy and Math Coaches, and Administrators
- Practical strategies for making the best use of iPads and other cutting-edge technology to enhance content learning in grades 6-12
- Discover the best free and low-cost apps to expand your teaching options and significantly enhance student learning
- Gain tips and tools to save you time and more fully engage your students in the content you teach
- Identify the most effective ways for weaving the iPad into daily instruction – whether using a classroom set, a few or only one iPad
- Receive an extensive resource handbook, an iPad ebook and a link to a website packed with ideas, activities and resources you can use immediately in your classroom
You are welcome to bring your own fully charged wireless iPad. It is not, however, a requirement to attend this seminar.
iPad® is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This idea-packed seminar will help you tap into the full potential of iPads and other cutting-edge technology to enhance student content learning and increase your own productivity. You’ll see classroom-tested examples of how teachers share and submit assignments on the iPad and explore apps and engaging projects which support collaboration and content learning. You’ll also discover a wealth of free content-rich books and podcasts available for reading, watching and listening from iTunes U®, the iBook Store® and other book sites.
Outstanding presenter and technology integration specialist, Andy Mann, will share the best cross-curricular and curriculum specific apps for math, science, English/language arts, social studies, world languages, and more. Understand the qualities which make one app stand out among the rest, where to find recommended apps and how to be notified when an app becomes free for a day. Andy will show you how multimedia apps can be used to weave together images, music and narration to create higher-level learning opportunities as well as how iPad apps can be used for collecting and organizing research, pre-writing, editing, and citing of sources. You will love the timesaving tips, shortcuts and productivity apps designed to help you better manage both your iPad and your professional life.
You’ll leave this seminar with practical ideas on how the iPad and other cutting-edge technology can be used to support and expand student content learning in grades 6-12. You’ll receive dozens of practical strategies and useful tips you can begin using immediately in your classroom.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Learn How to Make Best Use of iPads and Other Cutting-Edge Technology to Enhance Content Learning in Grades 6-12
Discover dozens of practical ways iPads and other cutting-edge technology can be used to enhance even your most exciting lessons and help your students reach a deeper and richer understanding of your content
- Discover the Best Free and Low-Cost Apps for Grades 6-12
Discover the best, classroom-tested free and low-cost apps for English/language arts, math, science, social studies, world languages, and more … Including the best cross-curricular and teacher productivity apps
- Engage Your Students in Projects Which Support Collaboration
Understand the best methods to enhance learning through projects which utilize collaboration apps and sharing strategies
- Get Results Quickly Using Assessment and Data Collection Apps
Identify easy-to-use assessment apps and sites for data collection, individual and group assessment … Strategies for implementing the Smarter Balance Assessment on iPads
- Scaffold iPad Integrated Using a SAMR Model
Utilizing a SAMR (Substitution Augmentation Modification Redefinition) model, a teacher understands how they can build on their existing level of technology integration and design lessons which facilitate a higher level of integration
- Use the iPad to Differentiate Your Instruction
Explore how the iPad’s built-in accessibility features and visual organizer apps can support the learning needs of all students
- Reduce Stress and Improve Your Organization and Productivity
Better manage your time by using apps for task management, calendars and communications … Timesaving tips and shortcuts … Understand the best processes and apps for students to share and submit assignments
- Flip Instruction to Help Students Learn 24/7
Learn how teachers (and students) are using screencasting apps to create lessons and tutorials so that students may learn at any time, any place
- Utilize iPads to Help Your Students Meet the Common Core State Standards
See how teachers are using iPad apps to support the Common Core State Standards for math, science, social studies, English/language arts, world languages, and other subject areas
- Take Home an Extensive Resource Handbook and Ebook
Each seminar participant will receive both a hardcopy and e-copy resource handbook filled with the latest ideas and new strategies for using iPads, phones and other mobile devices to enhance content learning … Included is a comprehensive list of the current, best educational websites and resources available for grades 6-12 students
iTunes U® and iBook Store® are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical strategies and timesaving tips for making best use of iPads and other cutting-edge technology to enhance content learning in grades 6-12
- How to accelerate your students’ learning with the best apps and integration ideas for English/language arts, math, science, social studies, world languages, and more
- Timesaving tips and shortcuts to make your life easier, both in and out of the classroom
- The best cloud-based apps and collaboration methods for group projects and sharing documents
- Easy-to-use apps and sites for data collection and formative/summative assessment
- How you can better support the needs of all learners by using the iPad’s built-in accessibility features
- Use the iBook Store, iTunes U and other sources to find free textbooks, novels and audio/video podcasts that support your curriculum
- How to best utilize iPads in conjunction with Smarter Balance Assessment
- Proven multimedia lessons you can immediately take back to your classroom that support higher-level learning through the use of multimedia apps to merge images, music and narration
- How you can use the iPad as a highly effective research tool to better prepare your students for college
- How the iPad can be used as a time-efficient research platform for locating, recording and citing online and print resources
- The best practices for integrating learning management solutions such as Edmodo© and Moodle™
- How you can use cross-curricular QR codes projects to engage and excite student learning
- The most useful teacher apps and tools including Class Dojo™, Remind 101©, student picker and timers, and more
- Useful tips to help your students become more productive using Safari
- Ready-made lessons using the iPad’s built-in apps – camera, maps and Safari
- How you can blend content instruction with student-created tutorials using screencasting apps
- Classroom-tested methods to get files seamlessly to/from the iPad and submit assignments
- The best practices for managing iPads … Backup, purchasing apps, syncing, and options for displaying a student or teacher’s iPad screen with your class
- How you can wisely and safely use social media, such as Twitter, to connect, share and collaborate
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
It’s easy to feel overwhelmed today with the continual updates to our curriculum and new assessment requirements. Yet, personal learning tools such as the iPad can be a breath of fresh air. This easy-to-use device can help us better manage our time and resources and significantly enhance student content learning.
As a classroom teacher and technology director in a district which was one of the first to use Mac computers, I witnessed firsthand how the 128K Mac computer was a “game changer” for teaching and learning in the classroom. The iPad is a similar change agent – instantly connecting with learners through easy-to-learn, engaging apps.
I have designed this seminar to help you identify the best apps and online content to enhance your students’ content learning. You will learn practical, classroom-tested lessons which support higher-level thinking that you can take back and use immediately in your classroom. You will learn to better utilize and manage the iPad, whether you are using only one, a few or a classroom set. You’ll learn tips, shortcuts and personal productivity apps that will make your life easier both in and out of your classroom.
At the end of our day together you will leave with dozens of new ideas and you will be excited to try what you have learned. To help support your new learning you will be provided with a printed resource handbook, an iPad eBook and a link to a website that has all the resources shared in the seminar.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar and our day of sharing and learning together.
P.S. As an experienced secondary teacher, I understand the extra effort it takes to be out of the classroom, even for a single day. I promise you that our day spent together will be well worth your time and that you will leave with practical ideas and strategies you can use the very next day in your classroom.
Who Should Attend
Educators serving grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, ELL Teachers, Title I Staff, Literacy and Math Coaches, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook and accompanying eBook designed for this seminar. The handbook and eBook includes:
- Practical integration ideas and strategies which support the Common Core State Standards and increase student achievement using the iPad
- A list of the best apps for English/language arts, math, science, social studies, world language, and more – with an overview of the app and project ideas
- A guide to online resources which will help you find, evaluate and select apps to support your curriculum; apps and online resource that notify you when apps become free
- Step-by-step directions on how to use the iPad for research and collaboration
- Timesaving tips and productivity apps and methods which will help you to be more productive
Make the Best Use of Your Time
Our goal is to make the best use of your time during the seminar while providing you with the greatest variety of practical applications for your classroom. To accomplish this goal we use a large screen multimedia projection system to demonstrate specific applications, digital tools and online resources throughout the day rather than individual devices. You are welcome to bring your own fully charged wireless iPad but it is not a requirement to attend. Your resource handbook and a specially created website will provide you with project ideas and direct links to the online resources to support additional hands-on exploration after the seminar.
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas about making effective use of iPads and other cutting-edge technology in grades 6-12 classrooms.
Andy Mann will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your most efficient use of iPads and other cutting-edge technology to enhance student content learning.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.