Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Practical Ideas for Making Best Use of GOOGLE CLASSROOM to Enhance Instruction (Grades 6-12)
Presented by John Sowash
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades 6 12: Classroom Teachers, Technology Specialists, Library/Media Specialists, and Administrators
- Dozens of practical ways to utilize Google Classroom to enhance content instruction and increase student engagement in grades 6-12
- The latest updates on Google Classroom, Google Apps and Google Extensions to improve student projects, collaboration and communication
- Timesaving strategies to more easily manage student work in Google Classroom … Assign, collect, grade, and provide feedback with just a few clicks!
- Discover “hidden features” and uses of Google Classroom to enhance your content instruction
You are welcome to bring a fully charged Chromebook or laptop with the Chrome browser installed. It is not, however, a requirement to attend this seminar. An iPad or Android tablet will not provide the full range of Google or Chrome resources covered in this seminar.
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This outstanding seminar is designed for educators working with students in grades 6-12 who want to make more effective use of Google Classroom including a variety of free Google tools and Google Apps to enhance content learning. Author and Google Certified Trainer, John Sowash, will show you how to better harness the full potential of Google Classroom, Google Drive, Google Keep, YouTube and Chrome in your classroom.
Whether you are working in a school or district that has “Gone Google’”or are an individual educator searching for free tools with a variety of practical applications to enhance your instructional program, you’ll leave this seminar with a wealth of ideas you’ll be able to use immediately. This seminar is appropriate for both new and experienced users of Google Classroom.
You will also receive an extensive Google Tools resource handbook that details how to connect to a companion website to reinforce and extend your learning after the seminar.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Discover the Most Important Features of Google Classroom
Learn how to make best use of the features that will save you time and help you better connect with your students on a deeper level
- Get the Latest Updates on Google Classroom
Get the latest updates on Google Classroom and learn how Classroom makes assigning and receiving documents simple and easy for both you and your students
- Uncover “Hidden” Features and Uses for Google Classroom
Discover the buried features and non-traditional uses for Google Classroom that will open your eyes to entirely new ways to use Classroom!
- Streamline your Classroom Workflow
Learn specific strategies for sending, receiving, and grading student work through Classroom, saving time and energy, and eliminating student frustration
- Design Authentic Learning Projects Powered by Google Classroom
No more one size fits all worksheets … Learn how to integrate awesome free web-based tools into Google classroom to power multimedia projects, websites, HyperDocs and more!
- Explore the Latest Google Drive Add-Ons
Take Google Drive to the next level by leveraging amazing add-ons for Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms
- Discover the Hottest NEW Chrome Apps & Extensions
Extend the capabilities of your Google Classroom with these NEW Chrome apps and extensions
- Harness the Power of Google Drive for Online Document Collaboration and Communication
Discover the amazing variety of practical ways Google Drive + Classroom can significantly enhance student-to-student, student-to-teacher and collaborative communication
- Top Tips for Using Google Forms
Gather information, create a quiz, or collect research data through Google’s amazing form building tools which integrates perfectly into Classroom
- Receive an Extensive Google Tools Resource Handbook and Access to a Specially Created Website with Helpful Resource Links
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook that includes detailed descriptions and practical applications of each of the Google Tools presented during the seminar … In addition, you’ll receive information on how to access a specially created website with helpful links and online tutorials for a variety of Google Tools
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical strategies for using Google Classroom to enhance content instruction and streamline student workflow in grades 6-12
- Dozens of proven ways to utilize free Google Tools to increase student engagement in grades 6-12
- The latest information on Google Classroom updates and coming features!
- Efficient ways to use Google Sites for collaborative research projects
- How you can encourage STEM exploration and skill building with Google Classroom
- Proven ways to work smarter, not harder … Learn timesaving tips for using Google Classroom more efficiently, including self-grading, multiple choice and project-based assessments
- Timesaving tips and techniques for using Google Classroom to streamline your communication with parents, students and colleagues
- Tips for organizing Google Drive to reduce paper, find what you need faster, and grade student work quicker and more effectively
- Valuable tips to get the most from the Chromebooks, tablets or other devices in your classroom
- Five essential tools you should be using alongside Google Classroom
- Innovative ways to use Google Drive to design student-centered projects
- Tips for using the hottest, NEW Chrome apps and extensions
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As educators, it is critically essential that we prepare our students for careers and opportunities that are presently unknown. This is a challenging goal which requires us to be equipped with the latest tools, knowledge and proven techniques that will help our students achieve their maximum potential.
Google provides an amazing variety of free tools that have hundreds of practical applications for use in our classrooms. The full suite of free Google tools allows us to more deeply engage our students through purposeful integrated technology, online collaboration and increased emphasis on information literacy skills. As an experienced classroom teacher, I know just how precious your time is so I have designed this seminar to show you the most useful applications of Google Classroom to enhance content instruction, improve student learning and streamline your communications with parents, students and colleagues.
I invite you to come learn with me for a day. My goal is to provide you with the inspiration, knowledge and resources you need to successfully and practically transform your teaching and students’ learning experience. I will provide you with a handbook that will go far beyond the subjects we are able to cover, as well as a website where you can find more information and frequent updates as Google adds new tools. Whether you are an experienced Google teacher or a new user of Google, you will walk away with new knowledge and lesson ideas that can be used the very next day.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar.
John R. Sowash
P.S. I have personally used all of these tools in my classroom and I believe you will be blown away with the possibilities!
Who Should Attend
Educators serving grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Technology Specialists, Library/Media Specialists, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
You’ll Receive an Extensive Google Classroom Resource Handbook and Access to a Special Website
You ’ll receive an extensive Google Classroom resource handbook and access to online resources. Included in the handbook are:
- A detailed overview of all the functionality of Google Classroom
- Step-by-step instructions with screenshots on setting up and configuring Google Classroom
- Lesson ideas for topics covered in the seminar
- Introduction to Google tools not covered in the seminar
- Tips and tricks for using Google Classroom, Google Drive and other Google resources
- Links to further resources to continue learning and exploring after the seminar
Make the Best Use of Your Time
You are welcome to bring a fully charged laptop with the Chrome browser installed or a Chromebook computer, but it is not a requirement to attend. An iPad or Android tablet will not provide access to the full range of Google or Chrome resources covered in this seminar. Your resource handbook and a specially created website will support your individual hands-on exploration of the ideas and resources presented during the seminar when you return to your school.
John Sowash will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your classroom, school or district.
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in using Google Tools to enhance their instructional programs in grades 6-12.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.