Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Making Best Use of GOOGLE CLASSROOM to Enhance Student Engagement and Learning
Presented by Cari Orts
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades K-6: Classroom Teachers, Technology Integration Specialists, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Library/Media Specialists, and Administrators
- Practical ways to utilize Google Classroom to enhance content instruction and streamline student engagement in grades K-6
- Differentiate instruction more easily with a variety of free Google Tools that allow you to customize Chrome and better meet the needs of all your learners
- Timesaving strategies to more easily manage student work in the new Google Classroom … Assign, collect, grade, and give feedback easily
- Receive an extensive Google Classroom resource handbook and special access to Cari’s website so that you can immediately link to all of the resources presented in the seminar … And more!
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This outstanding, NEW seminar is designed for educators working with grades K-6 students, who want to make the most effective use of Google Classroom and a variety of free Google Tools and Google Apps to enhance student learning. Outstanding Teacher and Google Certified Trainer, Cari Orts, will show you new ways to more efficiently tap into the power of online student collaboration with Google Classroom and how to take greater advantage of the most useful aspects of G Suite for Education.
You will also learn how to make the best use of many of the most useful Google Tools including, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google Forms, extensions, and more. Whether you are new to using Google Classroom or are an experienced user, you’ll leave thisseminar with a wealth of ideas you’ll be able to use immediately. You will also receive an extensive Google Classroom resource handbook with step-by-step instructions for utilizing the tools and apps presented in this seminar, as well as special access to Cari’s companion website to reinforce and extend your learning after the seminar.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Learn What Every Educator Needs to Know About Essential Google Classroom Practices
Make the best use of Google Classroom … Understand how to optimally use Google Classroom to manage communications and document work flow
- Unleash the Power of Google Classroom
Examine how you can use Google Classroom to create and organize assignments, provide feedback and communicate more efficiently with your students
- Timesaving Strategies to Maximize Your Productivity
Use Google Classroom to save yourself time while increasing your effectiveness … Explore timesaving options that allow both users and devices to open at specific sites and settings while streamlining tab management
- Utilize the Newest Features of Google Classroom
Discover the newest features of Google Classroom … Be prepared to be amazed
- Enhance Student Collaboration with Teacher-Tested Google Classroom Projects and Activities
Sample a variety of projects that you can take back and customize for your classroom
- Streamline Your Workflow and Provide Quick Feedback with Google Classroom
Learn essential strategies to assign documents, name and submit assignments, provide feedback, and grade and return assignments … Discover how a simple Google Form can become a timesaving drop box
- Create and Curate Content with YouTube
Learn how to easily create tutorials and create a playlist for your classroom
- Utilize the Full Potential of Google Forms
Explore the amazing ways teachers are using Google Forms beyond simple survey tools … From formative assessments and exit tickets to creating observations and data collection using mobile devices
- Digitally Differentiate Your Instruction and Interventions
Discover a host of ways to assign class work to different subsets of students with anonymity … Better meet the needs of your diverse learners
- Receive an Extensive Google Classroom Resource Handbook and Special Website Access
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook that includes detailed descriptions and practical classroom applications of each of the Google Tools and Apps presented during the seminar … Receive information on how to access a specially created website with helpful links and online tutorials for a variety of Google Tools
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical strategies for making best use of Google Classroom and a variety of free Google Tools to enhance instruction in the elementary classroom
- Timesaving tips and tools for using Google Classroom to make your life easier, both in and out of the classroom
- How to find, download and install the latest Chrome extensions that are most applicable to elementary instruction
- Work smarter, not harder … Learn timesaving tips for using Google Classroom more efficiently, including self-grading, multiple-choice and project-based assessments
- How Google Classroom can best be used to differentiate instruction with elementary students
- Advanced applications of Google Classroom to streamline your work and improve communication with students and parents
- What cloud-based computing is and how it can make your life easier in and out of your classroom
- How to utilize Chrome profiles to access your bookmarks, information and files from anywhere
- A wealth of ways to fully engage your students in productive and collaborative learning
- How to use built-in apps to streamline classroom management and routines
- Valuable tips to get the most from even one tablet or Chromebook in your classroom
- Innovative strategies for reducing the amount of paper in your classroom
- Real-time student assessment utilizing a number of data gathering methods
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As educators, we want to provide the best learning environment and experiences for our students. Building and maintaining a classroom filled with collaboration, communication and creativity is key to successfully growing lifelong learners. What I find so exciting about Google Classroom is that it can help our grades K-6 students to build and practice those very skills they need in order to succeed now and in the future.
As an experienced elementary teacher and Instructional Technologist, I am well acquainted with the challenges and time constraints we all face as teachers. I have also personally coached and trained countless grades K-6 teachers on ways to powerfully make the best use of Google Classroom.
Throughout our day together, I will share best practices for using Google Classroom, extensions, and tools to give your students the confidence to be active learners and engage productively within and beyond the bounds of your classroom. I want to equip you with skills and strategies to greatly enhance and streamline your classroom workflow, saving you valuable time. We will also explore ways that Google Classroom can help you improve your communication with parents and showcase the great accomplishments of your students.
I invite you to join me for an exciting day filled with outstanding, practical and timesaving strategies that you can use immediately. Whether you’re a Google veteran or a Google newbie, you will leave with a wealth of ideas for making the best use of Google Classroom to enhance your students’ engagement and learning.
P.S. I can’t wait to meet you and help you make a very positive impact with Google Classroom!
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades K-6: Classroom Teachers, Technology Integration Specialists, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Library/Media Specialists, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- A detailed overview of the ways you can save time and increase your effectiveness using Google Classroom
- How to take collaboration to the next level with Google Classroom
- Practical strategies and ideas for integrating G Suite and Chromebooks into the curriculum
- Ways to simplify lesson creation and grading
- Descriptions, images and publishers for the newest, most effective Chrome Extensions for grades K-6
- Tips and tricks for best using Google Classroom, Google Drive and other resources
Meet and Share
This seminar provides participants a great opportunity to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in strengthening their instructional program for Google Classroom.
Cari Orts will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.