Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Practical Ideas for Making Best Use of GOOGLE CLASSROOM to Enhance Instruction (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Tinashe Blanchet
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Technology Specialists, Library/Media Specialists, and Administrators
- Practical ways to utilize Google Classroom to enhance content instruction and streamline student engagement in the secondary classroom
- Differentiate instruction more easily with a variety of free Google Tools that allow you to customize Chrome and better meet the needs of all of your learners
- Enhance content instruction in the secondary classroom using the best free Google Apps
- Make best use of Google Drive to support student content learning in the secondary classroom
You are strongly encouraged to bring your own fully charged Chromebook or laptop with Google Chrome Browser installed. A smart phone, iPad or Android tablet will not provide access to the full range of Google or Chrome resources covered in the seminar.
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This outstanding seminar is designed for educators working with students in the secondary classroom who want to make more effective use of Google Classroom and Google Drive to enhance content learning. Google for Education Certified Innovator and Trainer, Tinashe Blanchet, will show you how to make the best use of many of the most useful Google Tools including, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Forms, and more. Discover new ways to more efficiently tap into the power of online student collaboration with Google Classroom and how to take greater advantage of the most useful aspects of G Suite for Education. Tinashe will also share the ways many districts are stretching their technology budgets through the incorporation of affordably-priced Google Chromebooks for students.
Whether you are working in a school or district that has gone Google or an educator searching for free tools with a variety of practical applications to enhance your instructional program, you’ll leave this seminar with a wealth of ideas you’ll be able to use immediately.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Learn What Every Educator Needs to Know About Essential Google Classroom Practices
Understand Google Classroom and the most time-efficient practices to manage communications and document workflow
- Unleash the Power of Google Classroom
Examine how you can use Google Classroom to create and organize assignments, provide feedback and communicate more efficiently with large numbers of students
- Maximize Your Productivity Using the Most Important Google Classroom Settings
Explore timesaving options that allow teachers to customize Google Classroom to the unique needs of each class
- Discover the Google Classroom Features to Differentiate Instruction
Explore specific Google Classroom features that will help you customize activities and assessments to your students’ individual needs
- Enhance Student Collaboration with Teacher-Tested Google Classroom Projects and Activities
Sample a variety of projects that you can take back and customize for your classroom
- Streamline Your Workflow and Provide Quick Feedback with Google Classroom
Learn essential strategies to assign documents, name and submit assignments, provide feedback, and grade and return assignments
- Experience Google Classroom from the Student Perspective
Join an actual demo Classroom and see what your students see when you add them to your online course
- Make Best Use of Google Classroom in Content Instruction
Learn proven ways to make the most effective use of Google Classroom to enhance content instruction
- Enhance Content Instruction with Google Drive
Connect Google Drive files to Google Classroom assignments to unlock powerful functionality for student collaboration and feedback
- Receive an Extensive Google Classroom Resource Handbook and Access to a Specially Created Website with Helpful Resource Links
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook that includes detailed descriptions and practical classroom applications of each of the Google Tools and Apps presented during the seminar … Receive information on how to access a specially created website with helpful links and online tutorials for a variety of Google Tools
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical strategies for using Google Classroom and a variety of free Google Tools to enhance content instruction in the secondary classroom
- Timesaving tips and tools for using Chromebooks to make your life easier, both in and out of the classroom
- How to find, download and install the latest Chrome apps that are applicable to secondary instruction
- Work smarter, not harder … Learn timesaving tips for using a Google Classroom more efficiently, including self-grading, multiple-choice and project-based assessments
- How Google Classroom can be used to differentiate content instruction with students in the secondary classroom
- Advanced applications of Google Classroom to streamline your work and communicate with students and parents with ease
- What cloud-based computing is and how it can make your life easier in your classroom
- A wealth of ways to fully engage your students in productive collaborative learning
- Innovative strategies for moving toward a paperless classroom
- Real-time student assessment utilizing a number of data gathering methods
- A variety of presentation options for motivating students
- How to find and mine the extensive resources of blogs and network with like-minded educators around the world
- The best apps and websites to differentiate instruction to better meet the needs of both struggling and gifted students, as well as those in the middle
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
With lesson plans, grading papers, calling parents, and many other classroom responsibilities, it is often difficult for teachers to find time to research the latest tools we have available to support classroom instruction. Additionally, for most teachers, it is a struggle to get many students truly engaged in learning. It’s been my experience that most students are not typically excited about fractions, equations or functions.
If you are fortunate enough to have Chromebooks in your classroom, I know that you want to make best use of them. The good news is, most students are so excited just to have a device in their hands, that it really does not matter what you teach, they will be engaged. The challenge most teachers face is that because tech devices are so packed with features they can become a distraction. In this case, it can be difficult to keep your students engaged and on task during your lesson.
There’s more good news – the unique functionality of Google Classroom coupled with myriad free tools available on the web will get your students excited about coming to your class every day and keep them on task. In my class, students have used Chromebooks to solve problems and share their work, to watch and create instructional videos, and much more!
I look forward to sharing what works and what doesn’t based on my experience using G Suite for Education with instruction at the secondary level. It is my sincere hope that you leave this seminar pumped about returning to your classroom to try something new!
I look forward to meeting you!
P.S. You will receive an extensive Google Classroom resource handbook filled with descriptions of the best Chrome apps and tools for content instruction and practical ways to use them in your classroom.
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Technology Specialists, Library/Media Specialists, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Google Classroom Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive Google Classroom resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- A detailed overview of all the functionality of Google Classroom
- Recommendations for setting up and managing Google Classroom and Google Drive that will save time and stress for teachers and students
- Practical strategies and ideas for integrating G Suite and Chromebooks into the curriculum
- Descriptions, images, publishers, and pricing information for the newest, most effective Chrome apps for secondary school classrooms
- Tips and tricks for using Google Classroom, Google Drive and other Google resources
Make the Best Use of Your Time
You are welcome to bring a fully charged laptop with a Chrome browser installed or Chromebook computer, but it is not a requirement to attend. An iPad or Android tablet will not provide access to the full range of Google or Chrome resources covered in this seminar. Your resource handbook and a specially created website will support your individual hands‑on exploration of the ideas and resources presented during the seminar when you return to your school.
Tinashe Blanchet will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your school(s) or district.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.