Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Using GAMIFICATION to Strengthen
Specifically designed for Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, ELL Teachers, Literacy and Math Coaches,
Title I Staff, Technology Specialists and Administrators Serving Grades 3-12
- Learn the key components for most effectively using gamification to support interactivity in grades 3-12
- Step-by-step techniques for creating engaging gamification lessons that fully involve your students and significantly enhance their learning
- Powerful, teacher-friendly ways to integrate gamification into your daily instruction
- Dozens of proven strategies, tips and tools to ensure that gamification helps students meet or exceed content standards in ways they love to learn
- Receive a valuable resource handbook filled with a wealth of resources, strategies and ready-to-use “how-to’s” for using gamification in your grades 3-12 classroom
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this highly engaging, interactive NEW seminar, you will learn innovative ways to enhance student learning by fully involving them in gamification learning techniques. Whether you understand gamification at a very basic or more advanced level, you will gain a wealth of new ideas for offering students unique opportunities to be engaged in rigorous lessons that give them both voice and choice in mastering the content they need to learn.
Tara Kingsley, an outstanding educator and seminar leader, will show you how to create stimulating lessons and projects that fully involve students in learning. You will be introduced to new tools and proven strategies for infusing gamification techniques into your lessons and curriculum, including the most popular and highly effective apps, websites and online tools that will save you time, capture students’ enthusiasm and enable you to facilitate, track and assess student learning.
Throughout the day, the emphasis will be on the most effective ways to use gamification techniques to help your students master the content skills and concepts you teach. You will see proven strategies for managing projects, encouraging collaboration, enabling students to become more involved in critical thinking, and unleashing their energy to solve problems relative to your curriculum content and their interests.
You will leave this dynamic, new seminar with clear insights and practical strategies for implementing gamification learning in your own classroom, along with dozens of examples of content-based lessons to increase your students’ motivation, enthusiasm and achievement.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Discover the Key Components of Gamification
Explore gamification lesson design and its essential components … Practical strategies for using this powerful approach to teaching and learning
- Increase Student Engagement and Achievement
Learn new ways to motivate and empower your students with gamification lesson design … See how to do this in ways that will enhance student involvement and significantly increase student mastery of curricular content
- Tap into Highly Effective Technology and Apps for Gamification Learning
Discover some of the best, new interactive technologies, websites, apps, and online tools for getting started, then learn how to best manage and assess students’ achievement in a gamification learning environment
- Learn Teacher-friendly, Timesaving Ways to Integrate Gamification Techniques into Your Curricular Content
Discover proven tools, techniques and methods to create engaging and motivating lessons based on gamification lesson design … Discover how to transform existing lessons into powerful game-based lessons
- Give Your Students Voice and Choice
See how gamification lessons can lead to higher levels of student thinking and learning … Tips, tools and proven techniques that give students choice and opportunities to be actively engaged and to demonstrate their thinking and content learning
- Guide Your Students to Learn the Critical Thinking Skills They Need
Discover the keys to ensure that lessons focus on your curriculum as well as the skills of collaborating, communicating and critical thinking … See positive results on key learning outcomes
- Unleash the Power of No-cost or Low-cost Educational Apps and Online Tools
Discover the newest, most innovative ways to use educational apps, Web 2.0 and other online tools to increase student mastery of key content within a gamification lesson framework
- Create Easy, Quick Ways to Give Feedback and Allow for Revision
See multiple ways to give and receive real-time, useful feedback that keeps students on track and promotes necessary revisions … Free up your time to focus on teachable moments and student needs
- Discover How Students Can “Level Up” to Show Content Mastery
Based on gamification principles, students can earn points, badges and awards as they “level up” as a way of demonstrating content mastery
- Receive an Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a valuable hard-copy resource handbook filled with practical ideas, apps, websites, and proven strategies for creating, managing and assessing outstanding gamification content lessons to enhance student learning
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- A clear understanding of what is encompassed in gamification designed lessons
- The key components for effectively using gamification learning in your own classroom
- Step-by-step techniques for creating engaging lessons based on gamification principles that truly enhance student engagement, motivation and learning
- The most effective websites, apps and online tools for getting started with gamification
- The best tools to help students manage timelines, benchmarks and planning
- Proven tools and methods to create driving questions that increase critical and higher-order thinking skills
- Strategies, tips and techniques to give students the voice and choice they need to succeed with lessons developed using gamification techniques
- The keys to ensure that lessons focus on your content and curriculum
- Simple ways to infuse technology in out-of-the-box ways for learning based on gamification strategies
- Multiple techniques to give and receive immediate, useful feedback to keep students on track with their academic progress
- Creative, new ways for your students to demonstrate content mastery
- The most innovative ideas in gamification learning that are shaping the future of education
- Examples of free or low cost educational apps, Web 2.0 and online tools to enrich gaming quests and promote higher-order thinking skills and subject content
- Learn teacher-friendly, time-sensitive ways to integrate gamification into your daily instruction
- Learn how students can earn experience points (XP), badges, and awards to “level up” by completing quests and demonstrating their mastery of content
- Dozens of practical examples of gamification aligned to your content area and grade-level
- Learn how to shift instruction from passive learning to interactive quests incorporating flipped videos, educational apps, and online resources to enhance the educational experience
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
An alarming number of students in the United States fail to graduate from high school often because they are disengaged or disinterested in school. Gamification taps into students’ natural motivation for gaming to bridge the types of activities students favor at home (gaming) with standards-based curriculum that is required to be taught in school. With gamification, students can practice skills, receive immediate feedback, and earn recognition for a job well done. It’s about creating meaningful experiences for students.
Gamification is one of the newest and hottest instructional tools being utilized in classrooms today. With all the pressure to cover a certain amount of content and to help students master rigorous standards, you might be wondering just how something with the word “game” in it fits into today’s classroom. Maybe you have heard of gamification but are still asking, “What does it actually mean and how might it work in a classroom to support student learning?” Maybe you have the misconception that gamification involves simply playing games, with no student accountability and no focus on academic standards. That is simply not the case.
I have designed this seminar to answer the questions outlined above as well as show you how to take gaming principles, design and mechanics, and apply those to curricular lesson design and classroom instruction. You will learn how to apply the motivational techniques that make games engaging to your grade-level or content area interest. I will share with you the most powerful activities for grades 3-12, along with research-based gamification strategies to boost engagement and achievement with your students. We will explore how to use free or low cost apps and web tools to build engaging quests to analyze, evaluate and create content to increase student learning and higher-order thinking skills. My goal is for you to leave with the knowledge and resources to transform your curriculum into a gamified learning environment.
Join me for an idea-packed day as I demonstrate exemplary examples of gamification in both upper elementary, middle, and secondary classrooms. Whether you are new to gaming or a gaming guru, this seminary will allow you to “level-up” and unlock your potential to gamify your classroom!
Dr. Tara Kingsley
Who Should Attend
Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, ELL Teachers, Literacy and Math Coaches, Title I Staff, Technology Specialists and Administrators serving Grades 3-12.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Ideas and examples for various content areas and grade levels
- Technology tools and apps for gamification learning
- Black-line masters that are easily adapted for any content or grade level
- And much, much more!
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in using gamification to strengthen student learning.
Tara Kingsley will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.