Practical DIFFERENTIATED INTERVENTIONS to Maximize the Effectiveness of Your Speech-Language Therapy
Presented by MariBeth Plankers, M.S. CCC SLP, ATP
Designed Specifically for Speech-Language Pathologists Working With Students in Grades K-12
- Practical strategies to develop and use DIFFERENTIATED PRACTICES to lower the barriers that prevent students from learning and to maximize their success in your speech-language therapy
- Increase your informal assessment and intervention strategies using practical, DIFFERENTIATED STRATEGIES designed specifically for a variety of diverse learners
Numerous resources that are unique and will help you\
- DIFFERENTIATE YOUR SPEECH THERAPY to increase engagement and motivation in all the students you serve
- Receive assessment ideas, strategies and tools to differentiate your speech-language programming along with a wealth of information provided in a resource handbook you can take back to your therapy room and the classroom for immediate use!
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Expand your repertoire of interventions with dozens of highly effective DIFFERENTIATION strategies and ideas you can use with your students. In this NEW seminar, MariBeth Plankers, an outstanding speech-language pathologist who works with students in school-based settings, will share how using differentiated strategies allows SLPs to customize informal assessment and intervention to better meet each learner’s needs, and how ongoing assessment provides the option to differentiate content, process and/or products through flexible teaching with all students.
You will learn dozens of timesaving assessment and intervention-planning ideas in order to see students develop a higher level of independence along with practical and enriched strategies to expand upon for all students across various settings and situations. You won’t want to miss this day to energize your therapy with creative, new and ready-to-use differentiated strategies, applications and websites that are readily accessible for you and the students you serve.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Practical Strategies to Better Meet Your Students’ Needs Using a DIFFERENTIATED Therapy Approach
Learn how to easily differentiate your interventions to have a greater impact on student learning and retention … How to customize informal assessments and interventions to better meet each learner’s needs
- Discover Time-Efficient Ways to Vary the Levels of Complexity in Order to Challenge All Learners
Design lessons that have the same learning target but at various levels of depth and complexity … Determine how to vary the purpose of your lessons to increase interest and buy-in into learning
- Maximize Students’ Learning by Lowering Barriers and Raising Their Level of Success
Follow through with the best, differentiated practices that will enable you to provide numerous learning opportunities for challenging and unmotivated students … Lower the barriers that prevent many students from succeeding
- Discover Timesaving Strategies When Implementing Differentiation Within Your Therapy Room and in the Classroom
Save yourself valuable time by utilizing backward design of your lesson plans as you align the individual educational plan with standards and benchmarks
- Increase the Number of Ways to Utilize Differentiated Intervention Strategies for Carryover of Therapy Skills to the Real World
Receive dozens of ideas for carryover of intervention to a variety of school settings, home and the community … Ideas you can immediately use
- Implement Collaboration Through Differentiation with All Team Members
Expand learning so students are able to make the connection between content and concepts … Maximize this skill for all students by relating different content areas to increase student achievement beyond the therapy room and classroom settings
- Help Your Students Become Independent and Expert Learners
Provide students with the skills to be goal driven, increase their background knowledge and develop motivation to continue to learn across a variety of experiences and environments
- Expand the Power of Differentiation with Families and Other IEP Team Members
Provide the facts that a successful communicator will need to develop life-long skills through the process of differentiation … Ways to get everyone on board with differentiation
- Explore and Access Technology Options
Discover numerous ideas and resources ranging from websites, Chrome, iOS, and Android applications that support differentiation
- Receive an Extensive Resource Handbook
Receive a detailed resource handbook filled with strategies, ideas, tech tools, and more to help you implement differentiated therapy interventions
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Dozens of successful DIFFERENTIATION strategies to better meet the needs of your students in order to achieve success in your speech-language program
- Timesaving ideas for planning your informal assessments and interventions in and out of the therapy room
- Practical ways to raise the awareness of differentiation in your therapy room and classroom settings
- Increase the complexity of your lessons in order to serve a diverse population of students
- Student-proven instructional methods to stimulate higher-order thinking in students
- Increase interest and motivate students to make academic gains through differentiated strategies
- Identify multiple ways to differentiate content, process and product
- Discover ways to break down tasks within lessons in order to continue student learning
- Effective ways to flexibly group students to maximize instruction and better meet their needs
- Ideas for engaging challenging students through the use of choice and flexibility in instruction
- Creative approaches for offering students meaningful activities with carryover to the real world
- Creating interventions where students are goal driven, resourceful and motivated to learn, in addition to gaining new experiences
- Timesaving assessment and intervention-planning ideas in order to see students develop a higher level of independence
- Energize your teaching with creative, with new and ready-to-use strategies, applications and websites that are readily accessible for student use
- Dozens of practical and enriched strategies to expand upon for all students across various settings and situations
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Planning and providing differentiated interventions for our students need not be an overwhelming, time-consuming addition to our already busy day! Let me show you how to easily differentiate your speech-language practices to have an even greater impact on student success. I will give you differentiated intervention planning ideas to help your students develop independence along with practical and enriched strategies you can use for all your students across various settings and situations.
In this strategy-packed, one-day seminar, I will share how you can adapt your lessons to have the same learning target at various levels of depth and complexity, and how to vary the purpose of your lessons to increase interest and buy-in into learning. You will discover new and creative strategies for developing differentiated informal assessments, lessons, tiered lessons, management ideas, and ways to offer your students choices and options that will motivate their learning with carryover of skills to the real world! I will also include the implementation of user-friendly technology ideas to strengthen and support your IEP students.
Join me and your speech-language colleagues for a day devoted to helping you put differentiation into practice in your program. You will be able to readily implement the ideas and strategies with all your students. Together we can make a difference!
MariBeth Plankers, M.S. CCC-SLP, ATP
P.S. You will leave this seminar with practical ideas and an extensive resource handbook to help you implement these strategies in your own therapy room with carryover to the classroom.
Who Should Attend
Speech-Language Pathologists working with students in grades K-12.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar.
The handbook includes:
- Informal assessment strategies that address across the Big Nine Areas of Communicative Services
- Intervention strategies that may be used with a variety of disorders, such as articulation, voice, language, phonology, augmentative communication, and fluency
- A variety of applications for Chrome, Android and iOS to use with interventions
- Carryover planning that uses the framework of differentiation for life-long learning
- Resources that include textbooks, websites, Chrome, Android, and iOS applications
- Specific lesson plans that address content, process and product
- A variety of ways for students to demonstrate their learning and share their success in the real world!
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in differentiating interventions to maximize the effectiveness of their speech-language therapy.
MariBeth Plankers will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your speech-language therapy program.
ASHA - CEUs
This course is offered for 0.50 ASHA CEUs per day (Intermediate level, Professional area).
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.