Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
SCHOOL-BASED OCCUPATIONAL THERAPISTS: Improving Students' Academic Success through Better Self-Regulation and Executive Function Skills
Presented by Jocelynn Wallach, MS, OTR/L
Specifically Designed for Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistants, and Administrators:
- Dozens of practical, evidence-based strategies to improve your students' self-regulation
- Decrease challenging behaviors and promote learning
Realistic, easy-to-use skill building tools to help students develop their executive function skills
- Classroom proven strategies to improve students' organizational and cognitive skills
- Receive an extensive Occupational Therapist resource handbook filled with countless tips to help improve students' academic success
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Do you have students who have difficulty sitting still, initiating tasks, working through assignments to completion, or attending to the details of their work? Do they have difficulty applying active listening skills and memory strategies to support their learning and academic performance? Join outstanding school-based Occupational Therapist, Jocelynn B. Wallach, to learn about the different components of self-regulation and executive function skills and which strategies your students can use today to improve their academic success.
You will learn methods to support students' organization, self-regulation and executive function. Jocelynn will share proven instructional materials to allow all students to access the curriculum. This NEW seminar is designed especially for Occupational Therapists and OT assistants, whether a novice or a veteran. This informative and thought-provoking seminar combines the best practices with the realities of our limitations in time, space, and money.
You will leave this seminar with a wealth of functional tools and practical strategies that will enable you to support your students as they become more effective and efficient learners.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Increase Your Effectiveness with Students
Identify easy-to-use remedies and positive behavior supports for students â€¦ Discover tools they can use before, during and after class to achieve an optimum state for learning
- Help Students with Sensory Processing Needs
Key methods to help your students with sensory processing disorders
- Learn to Modify the Environment and Curriculum to Improve Students' Success
Reduce distractions and increase attention and engagement
- How Self-Regulation and Executive Functioning Skills Drive OT Treatment
How students' current levels of self-regulation and executive functioning drive OT treatment decisions
- Use the Developmental Progression of Self-Regulation and Executive Functioning
Use the developmental progression of self-regulation and executive functioning to make effective OT treatment choices
- Help Students with Executive Function Deficits
Explore the warning signs of deficits in each of the key components of executive functioning and learn specific OT strategies to support student growth and success in the classroom
- Improve Students' Writing Skills
Learn specific methods to improve students' legibility and their willingness to write lengthy, well-developed paragraphs
- Free Resources to Improve Self-Regulation and Executive Functioning
Leave with a comprehensive list of apps useful for calming, visual attention, initiation, organization, time management, and cognition
- Practical Ways to Measure Progress in Students' Sensory Processing and Executive Functioning Skills
Measure the effectiveness of your intervention strategies with easy-to-use documentation
- Receive an Extensive OT Resource Handbook
Leave with an extensive resource handbook filled with examples, worksheets, strategies, and resources you can immediately apply to your OT practice
- Discuss how Ayres theory of sensory integration relates to current concepts of self-regulation and executive functioning
- Examine neuroscience and the connection between self-regulation and executive function skills
- Review normal developmental stages of self-regulation and executive functioning and how it drives treatment decisions
- Recognize students with sensory processing disorders and executive function dysfunction
- Discuss strategies to decrease social-emotional and behavioral challenges
- Examine environmental influences that promote or diminish academic success
- Recognize skill building/instructional accommodations based on deficit area
- Discuss strategies to improve students' reading, writing and math skills
- Identify apps that really work
- Recognize effective treatment practices and ways to track progress
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As I start my 23rd year in a school-based OT setting, I am all too aware of the challenges we face as school-based Occupational Therapists. I cannot wait to share with you the countless strategies I've developed to make it easier for us to provide effective therapeutic interventions, especially given the constraints of time, space and money. My goal is to provide practical, functional ideas that can be implemented immediately into your everyday practice to benefit all of your students.
With a great deal of enthusiasm, I have developed this seminar just for you. Come spend a thought provoking, engaging day with me as I share easy-to-apply, functional information while providing a plethora of resources and interactive experiences. I strive to be organized and comprehensive so that you can return to your students with tools you can utilize immediately.
As therapists we know the importance of using research-based practices. In this seminar, I will share with you how to easily turn what research shows is best practice into practical, ready-to-use strategies â€“ tools you can use with your students to increase their academic success right away. The classroom tested tools you will leave with are sure to support even your most challenging students.
If you are looking for ways to enhance your current program, I urge you to join me for a day of collaboration that supports the success of all students.
Jocelynn B. Wallach, MS, OTR/L
P.S. You will receive the extensive, easy-to-use resource handbook I designed just for this seminar. It is packed with ideas, strategies and tools to improve the academic success of your students.
Who Should Attend
Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistants, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive Self-Regulation and Executive Function Skills Resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Easy-to-implement ideas to meet the needs of your most challenging students
- Extensive literary and equipment resources
- Dozens of ready-to-use classroom-proven strategies ideal for school-based Occupational Therapists
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other school-based Occupational Therapists interested in improving their students' academic success.
Jocelynn B. Wallach will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own school-based OT program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.