Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Timesaving Strategies to Integrate Your SLP Interventions into Classrooms: Moving from a Caseload to a Workload Approach
Presented by Christina Bradburn
Specifically Designed for Speech-Language Pathologists Serving Preschool-Grade 12
- Dozens of timesaving, practical strategies to successfully integrate SLP interventions for articulation, fluency, language, and pragmatics into the classroom using a “Workload vs. Caseload” approach
- Discover new ways to provide quality interventions that take less time and provide more one-on-one support to your students
- Practical ideas to provide highly effective therapy, even with high caseloads
- Receive a detailed resource handbook to support your immediate use of strategies, interventions, scheduling tips, and ideas for using mobile devices
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Implementing the ASHA recommended “Workload vs. Caseload” approach to therapy sounds great in theory, but what does it look like in the busy day of a practicing school-based SLP? This seminar is specifically designed to provide you with timesaving strategies that will turn you into a school intervention superstar without compromising your SLP-specific skill set.
You will gain valuable strategies to help you integrate classroom curriculum into your goals, learn to co-teach across the grade levels, and push your services into more parts of the school day rather than just during reading/language arts. Scheduling your time for maximum impact will be a focus of the day along with models of hundreds of grade-level specific ideas to take back to your classroom - and you won’t have to print or laminate a single thing!
Join practicing speech-language pathologist, Christina Bradburn, for a fast-paced day filled with timesaving strategies and ideas to integrate your SLP interventions into the classroom using a workload approach to services.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Timesaving and Highly Successful Strategies to Integrate Your SLP Interventions into the Classroom
Discover specific, new ways to serve your students in the classroom without increasing your workload … Spend less time planning and more time providing therapy in the classroom
- Schedule Your Days for Maximum Impact - Work Smarter, Not Harder
Get it all done using creative, flexible scheduling and the 3:1 provision model … Realistic and doable ways to save you time and increase student success
- Tap Into the Power of Mobile Devices and Apps
Mobile devices and apps can be highly effective for specific purposes … Discover best apps and how to use mobile devices for the greatest impact to supplement, not replace, therapy
- Expand Your Services Throughout the School
Get the most carryover of skills by working with students in their natural environments … How to make your therapy sessions more authentic by working with students in other areas of the school - cafeteria, library, classrooms, and even hallways!
- Make the Most of Data Collection - Who, When and How Often
See how teaching and testing are different … Practical and informative data collection techniques that do not replace therapy time, but will save you time!
- How to Tap Into the General Ed Classroom Curriculum
Save time and add authenticity to your speech sessions by using general education lesson plans as your guide … You will gain lesson ideas you can take back and use immediately
- Meet the Needs of Individual Speech Students in Their Classrooms
Learn specific strategies for helping your speech students achieve high expectations in the classroom … You will leave with timesaving strategies to use immediately
- Goal-Writing Ideas that Can Ultimately Save You Time
Change the way you write goals to improve every area of your students’ school day, not just their time with you … Ideas for writing goals that impact every aspect of your students’ lives
- Ideas for Building Collaborative Relationships with Teachers
Promote your valuable role in the school … Learn tips to inform staff exactly what it is you do and how you can help all students, not just those on your caseload
- Receive an Extensive Resource Handbook Filled with Practical, Timesaving Ideas Receive a detailed resource handbook filled with strategies, ideas, apps, scheduling and data collection samples, and goal-writing tips!
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Timesaving, practical strategies you can use immediately to provide highly effective interventions that take less time and provide greater support to your students
- Collaborative teaching models that integrate speech-language IEP goals with classroom task demands and language arts goals without using worksheets
- How to use mobile devices and apps for the greatest impact on articulation, language, fluency, and pragmatic skills
- Flexible scheduling ideas that allow you to do more in the limited time you have
- Timesaving options for service delivery, scheduling and using a “Workload vs. Caseload” approach
- Ways to write goals that are authentic and easy to measure
- Practical and informative data collection techniques that do not take up therapy time
- Provision of therapy in one-on-one sessions - shorter duration but greater impact!
- Shortcuts to access and use teacher lesson plans and materials so you don’t need to make worksheets or copy materials
- Innovative ideas to give speech homework without giving students more homework
- Specific ideas to motivate participation and carryover for students of all ages
- How you can eliminate copying or laminating therapy materials
- Learn how to establish a mutually beneficial relationship with classroom teachers while sharing your language expertise with everyone involved
- Time-efficient approaches for more effectively monitoring carryover of voice, language, fluency, pragmatic, and articulation goals
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
I am writing this letter to you at the end of a school day. Today, I administered a state-mandated reading assessment, participated in a RTI meeting, held a case conference, wrote an IEP, observed a kindergartner, discussed the development of a literacy group with my principal, found something for a student that was safer for him to chew on other than his shirt, and provided speech interventions to the students on my caseload. I am writing this letter at the end of just one of the long days in the real life of a school-based speech-language pathologist. But, I am going home knowing that I made a real difference today. My goal is to give you the tools and strategies, and most importantly the inspiration to do all you do and still go home at the end of the day knowing you made a significant contribution to the students in your schools!
Speech-language pathologists are asked to do many jobs in schools today that seem to be outside of our job descriptions. This seminar will help you change your mindset without compromising your specific skill set in order to do those jobs and do them well. We are not reading teachers, but we can help with reading skills. We are not social workers, but we can help with social skills. We are not occupational or physical therapists, but we can support those goals. The big question does not deal with our shared desire to do these things, but rather, how and when we can!
This seminar will provide you with timesaving strategies to integrate your SLP interventions into the classroom using “Workload vs. Caseload” approach through a 3:1 service model. We will also look at numerous ways to seamlessly integrate your services into the established curriculum at your schools while still targeting speech-language specific goals. I have found great success using these strategies and am excited to share them with you! I look forward to meeting you at the seminar!
Christina Bradburn, MS, CCC-SLP
P.S. I know how busy you are and I promise this day will focus on practical strategies that you can “hear today and use tomorrow!”
Who Should Attend
Speech-Language Pathologists Serving Preschool-Grade 12
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Materials you can copy and use in the classroom tomorrow
- Strategies for scheduling and providing therapy using a workload approach
- Sample lesson plans, goals and data sheets
- Visuals to support integration in the classroom
- Examples of communications with teachers, parents and administrators
Meet and Share
This seminar provides participants a wonderful opportunity to meet and share ideas with other speech-language pathologists interested in strategies to integrate their SLP interventions into the classroom using a “Workload vs. Caseload” approach.
Your presenter will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own speech-language therapy program.
ASHA - CEUs
This course is offered for 0.50 ASHA CEUs per day (Intermediate level, Professional area).
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.