Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Maximize the Effectiveness of Your Language Therapy: Practical Intervention Strategies for Language Disorders
Presented by Margo Kinzer Courter, MA, CCC SLP
Specifically Designed for School Based Speech Language Pathologists Serving PreK through Grade 12
- Dozens of practical language therapy intervention activities to use with students who have language disorders
- Increase functional and curriculum-based vocabulary knowledge and use through innovative and highly effective strategies
- Effective strategies to incorporate reading, writing and spelling into your language therapy
- Receive an extensive handbook filled with techniques, ideas and key strategies you can use immediately in your own practice
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you looking for fresh, innovative, practical ways to better support your students with language disorders? Are you looking for ideas to expand your repertoire of strategies when dealing with students struggling with morphology, phonology, semantics, syntax, grammar, pragmatics, executive function, and narrative skills? Do you need strategies for students with limited English proficiency due to language disorders?
If you are looking for strategies and therapy techniques, this is a seminar you won't want to miss. In this outstanding seminar, experienced Speech-Language Pathologist, Margo Kinzer Courter, will share a wealth of key therapy strategies and ideas that can be immediately implemented with students struggling with language disorders in both reading and writing. She will also share insightful methods for how to incorporate elements of RTI and how to ensure that your therapy is aligned with the academic standardsfor language arts. The Speech-Language Pathologist is an expert in language, can impact the learning process and play a vital role in students' academic success and mastery of theacademic standards.
Gearing language intervention directly to the core standards will better support students in their daily learning environment. At the end of the day, you will feel better equipped to work with students with language disorders and will be armed with an overflowing toolbox of therapy strategies you can put to use immediately.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Enrich Your Repertoire of Effective and Highly Engaging Language Intervention Strategies
Discover numerous ready-to-use therapy materials, including apps and intervention strategies to promote language skills and academic success
- Connect Your Language Therapy with Literacy Instruction
Learn powerful techniques to improve phonological awareness, enhance vocabulary and increase reading fluency and accuracy … Discover highly effective ways to stimulate grammar usage and improve syntax language skills
- Enhance Your Language Treatment for ELL Students with Language Disorders
Gain therapy strategies to target morphology, phonology, semantics, and syntax to promote language skills and academic success for students with limited English proficiency
- Implement Highly Effective Vocabulary Strategies for Classroom and Curriculum-Based Vocabulary
Increase students' ability to understand vocabulary from context and increase their auditory and reading comprehension … Highly effective strategies to enhance vocabulary development and comprehension of auditory and written information
- Identify Language Differences vs. Language Disorders
Identify indicators of language disorders in students with limited English proficiency that may be due to a language disorder
- Understand the Role of the Speech-Language Pathologist in the Achievement of Language Arts Academic Standards
Dispel the confusion regarding the SLP's scope of practice in literacy education … Better utilize your expertise in a variety of areas that directly impact a student's achievement of language arts academic standards
- Increase Collaboration Between SLPs, Classroom Teachers and Resource Teachers
Focus on specific ways to build a collaborative relationship with classroom teachers and resource teachers … Learn how to share practical techniques designed to target specific language impairments that impact student learning
- Incorporate SLP Interventions into a Variety of School Settings
Expand your toolkit to include specific language strategies that are practical and highly effective for all academic subjects
- Serve More Students in Less Time
Choose from several options for servicing your language students, as well as your articulation students during pull out and in class instruction
- Receive an Extensive Language Therapy Resource Handbook
You'll leave with a detailed language therapy resource handbook packed with step-by-step activities, materials and resources designed to make your language therapy program more efficient and effective
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Utilize innovative and easy-to-use language therapy ideas – target morphology, phonology, syntax, semantics, and pragmatic language skills including narrative skills and word retrieval
- Motivating ways to expand your vocabulary intervention to target basic concepts and curriculum-based vocabulary – apply strategies to target vocabulary development and comprehension
- Numerous inexpensive and effective therapy materials – receive an extensive list of materials, apps and websites that can enhance your therapy
- A variety of ready-made materials to target several language goals – ideas for how to use materials to target morphology, phonology, syntax, and semantics
- Increase your professional influence – learn how to "market" yourself and your knowledge about language development to your administrator and colleagues
- Extend the impact of your therapy program across the curriculum – tie your language goals to specific subject areas to increase academic success for your students
- Expand your therapy intervention for ELL students – learn strategies to target language form and content though proven techniques
- Tie your language goals to the academic standards – discover how your language goals directly impact attainment of the core standards
- Merge current language lessons with reading, writing and spelling – take the next step with your therapy goals to support necessary academic skills for language arts
- Impact reading fluency and accuracy – learn strategies for morphology, phonology, semantics, and retrieval to enhance your students' reading fluency and accuracy
- Expand your vocabulary interventions to meet the needs of more students – utilize powerful instructional methods to improve verbal and print vocabulary as well as increase academic success
- Discover new, easy-to-use language activities – update your toolkit of language interventions to better merge language with literacy instruction
- Utilize effective ways to become more interactive during therapy sessions – proven ways to present information in ways that students will learn and retain more
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
I am sure you would agree that the key to success is students' ability to read, speak and write effectively. The development of language skills is vital in giving students a strong academic start in school and is necessary for success in later years as well. When students struggle because of a language disorder, their success in school can be delayed or jeopardized. As Speech-Language Pathologists, we can play a vital role in helping students with language disorders and help to ensure academic growth and success.
I have had the privilege to work with students who struggle with language development issues and who have language disorders. I have developed an extensive repertoire of time-friendly, practical therapy techniques that I am excited to share with you. It is my goal to help you expand your language therapy and instructional options in numerous ways, including:
- Proven methods to strengthen vocabulary, grammar, comprehension, and written language skills
- Powerful techniques to target morphology, phonology, syntax, semantics, and pragmatic language skills including narrative skills and word retrieval
- Methods to align your language strategies to the academic standards for language arts
- Specific ways you can market your language expertise to your administrator and teaching colleagues so you can be a more effective and supportive member of an RTI team and/or collaborate more in the classroom
I am excited to share practical, timesaving ideas with you and to work with you to better serve students with language disorders. My goal is to use our time together in the most efficient manner. Therefore, the seminar day will be fast-paced and focused on specific ways to improve language development of the students we work with both privately and in the classroom setting. I promise, you will leave with an expanded toolkit of ideas and a fresh perspective on how to better serve students who are struggling with a language disorder.
Margo Kinzer Courter, MA, CCC-SLP, BCS-SL
P.S. This seminar will be filled with a variety of quick and easy-to-implement ideas that will help you to be a hands-on, interactive SLP – ideas you will be able to use immediately.
Who Should Attend
Speech-Language Pathologists working with students in pre-kindergarten through grade 12
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Language Therapy Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook that includes:
- Numerous language therapy strategies and activities
- Innovative techniques to develop language abilities
- Suggestions for inexpensive materials that help develop language skills
- Specific ways that SLPs can help support the academic standards for language arts
- Ways to maximize language therapy utilizing RTI
- A list of resources and other support materials
Meet and Share
This seminar provides the opportunity to meet other colleagues and a forum to discuss what is occurring in other school districts. It will provide fresh ideas from others that can enhance your toolkit of ideas for working with students with language disorders.
In addition to taking questions throughout the seminar, Margo Kinzer Courter will be available throughout breaks and lunch to answer individual questions.
ASHA - CEUs
This course is offered for 0.50 ASHA CEUs per day (Intermediate level, Professional area).
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.