Making Best Use of Apps and Other Cutting Edge Technology Resources to Enhance Your School Based SPEECH LANGUAGE Program
Presented by Maribeth Plankers, M.S. CCC SLP, ATP
Specifically Designed for Speech Language Pathologists Serving Grades PreK-12
- Discover the latest, new apps and technology tools to enhance your speech-language assessment and intervention program planning across numerous settings
- Explore proven strategies to successfully incorporate hands-on outstanding technology tools, websites, wikis, podcasts, Google resources, and blogs in your therapy program
- Save time searching through thousands of available apps for speech-language therapists – MariBeth has done the work for you and knows which apps and extensions work best for a wide variety of uses in your therapy program
- Learn about innovative, engaging, evidence-based apps that work best to build receptive and expressive language skills and address the ‘Big Nine’ areas of speech-language pathology
- Receive an extensive SLP technology resource handbook packed with a wealth of quality apps, websites and outstanding technology resources to support your speech-language program
You are welcome to bring your own fully charged mobile device but it is not a requirement to attend this seminar.
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Whether you are a beginner with technology or a tech savvy user, the increasing array of outstanding apps, extensions and online resources available today can help you motivate your students and customize their speech-language therapy in ways that significantly boost their progress. Today’s remarkable technology enables students to master the skills they need to function well in your therapy room, their classroom and in their lives beyond school.
With all the tools and apps that are available, how do you know which ones are best and will motivate your speech-language students the most? Which ones can be used to efficiently assess students’ needs? Which ones work best to teach receptive and expressive language skills? How can technology be used in more efficient and effective ways to better reach those students who have not responded to more traditional therapy techniques?
MariBeth Plankers, an outstanding speech-language pathologist who works with students in school-based settings, will share dozens of strategies for using tablets, apps, web tools, blogs, podcasts, Chromebooks, and highly effective internet resources to positively impact the students you work with and to help you manage your caseload.
During this fast-paced, app-filled day, you will gain numerous practical ideas for using cutting-edge technology to enhance your speech-language therapy sessions. Not only will you learn how to make the best use of technology as a therapy tool, but you will also understand how technology can become a valuable productivity assistant.
Join your colleagues for a lively day of exploring innovative technology tools and resources that will make a significant difference in your life and the lives of our speech-language students!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Discover the Best, New Apps and Outstanding Technology Tools for Use in Your Speech-Language Therapy Program
Learn which of the latest apps and technology tools work best for a variety of needs in speech-language therapy programs … Dozens of resources to significantly increase the skills of your students
- Enhance Traditional Therapy Methods by Using a Variety of Apps
Explore the FULL potential of incorporating this outstanding technology into your assessment and intervention planning … Techniques, tools and tips to use your time most efficiently
- Increase Your Productivity and Simplify Documentation
Discover how to incorporate outstanding apps into your daily routine to enhance your therapy skills and simplify your professional life … Easy-to-use ideas for organizing, planning and documenting your therapy sessions
- Expand Your Knowledge and Use of a Variety of Platform Apps in Your Therapy Program
Tap into the most current use of technology to enhance your therapy sessions … Receive practical, highly effective tips to make the most efficient use of your mobile devices and other technology resources
- There’s an App for That! Resources for Speech-Language Pathologists
Learn about free and inexpensive apps, websites and online resources – all perfect for busy speech-language therapists … Discover dozens of outstanding resources for use with students, staff and parents
- Build Receptive Language Skills with New Technology Resources
Learn innovative, effective ways to increase your students’ receptive language skills by incorporating mobile devices and other cutting-edge technology into your therapy sessions … See which tools will best address your students’ diverse needs
- Take Advantage of Technology to Enhance Students’ Speaking and Writing Skills
Learn about the best apps and websites to promote reading, writing, drawing, storytelling, and use of grammar … Add valuable resources to your repertoire for planning, programming and teaching these critical skills
- Motivate and Engage Your Students with the Latest and Best Apps
Actively engage your students with skill-building technology activities that capture their interest and bolster their confidence … Gain ideas for using technology to motivate even the most reluctant learners
- Identify Ways to Promote Carryover and Generalization Across Settings
Help your students carryover their use of mobile devices and customized apps to the classroom, vocational site, community, and home … Tips and tools for ensuring your students’ success in many settings
- Receive a Comprehensive SLP Technology Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive technology resource handbook filled with practical strategies, evidence-based practical ideas and dozens of invaluable technology resources to help SLPs work more efficiently and effectively
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical ideas for making best use of mobile devices and other technology tools with your speech-language students
- The specific features that come pre-loaded on mobile devices and how these can be most efficiently utilized in speech-language programs
- Best techniques for keeping current with new apps and uses for tablets and mobile devices in speech-language assessment and intervention
- Free and inexpensive apps and cutting-edge technology tools perfect for use in speech-language therapy programs
- The best tried-and-true, evidence-based practice apps for students with reading and writing challenges
- A wealth of practical and realistic ideas for using mobile device technology to address a variety of needs in your speech-language therapy
- Proven techniques to effectively integrate technology into your speech-language therapy through universal design for learning (CAST.org)
- How to make the best use of helpful websites and timesaving strategies to stay current with the technology developments that have useful applications for speech-language therapy
- Proven ways to use podcasting and blogging to enhance direct services and communication with your collaborative team
- How mobile devices and cutting-edge technology resources can be used to support speech students in meeting your state standards
- What’s new in educational technology equipment, tools and accessories for speech-language therapy and how to best utilize them in your program
- Timesaving tips for using mobile devices and cutting-edge technology resources to make your life easier, both in and out of your therapy room
- How to put into practice a variety of apps for building receptive and expressive language skills as well as promoting listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills
- Timesaving techniques for simplifying data collection and documentation with highly useful apps
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
It’s an exciting time to be a speech-language pathologist! Technology has radically transformed our profession and provided SLPs, our students and their families with exceptional opportunities to experience success – particularly in the field of speech-language therapy. With countless websites and highly effective apps available to address almost every skill we teach, all of our students can experience success in unprecedented ways.
I look forward to spending an exciting and action-packed day with a group of my favorite people – fellow speech-language therapists – discussing all the ways we can integrate mobile devices and online resources into our school-based therapy programs. I will share the newest and best apps, tips and tools you can use for a variety of needs, including receptive and expressive language, literacy, problem solving, critical thinking, behavior, social skills, and more! You will learn how these devices can be used in alignment with your state standards, look at the most relevant guides and tools for technology, and learn how to add an online bookmark service to organize your favorite resources and websites in one location for easy access.
Whether you are a first-time or experienced mobile device and app user, you will leave our day together invigorated by dozens of ideas for using this remarkable technology in your school-based therapy and motivated to expand the use of technology with your students.
Please join me for this fast-paced day to start implementing the newest and best technology tools to enhance our productivity and our students’ progress. I look forward to working with you.
MariBeth Plankers, M.S. CCC-SLP, ATP
P.S. The focus of our day together will be on the practical use of mobile devices and apps that will fully engage students and motivate them to learn!
Who Should Attend
Speech-language pathologists serving students in grades PreK-12.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook designed specifically for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Outstanding apps for using mobile devices in speech-language programs
- Cutting-edge technology along with practical applications for speech-language therapy
- And much, much more!
Make the Best Use of Your Time
Our goal is to make the best use of your time during the seminar while providing you with the greatest variety of practical technology applications for your classroom. To accomplish this goal, we use a large screen multimedia projection system, rather than individual mobile devices to demonstrate specific applications throughout the day. Your resource handbook includes specially designed activities to support your individual hands-on exploration and application when you return to your school. You are welcome to bring your own fully charged mobile device but it is not required to benefit from this seminar.
MariBeth Plankers will be available for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own speech-language program.
ASHA - CEUs
This course is offered for 0.50 ASHA CEUs per day (Intermediate level, Professional area).
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.