Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Powerful Early Intervention Strategies to Help Young Children with Developmental Delays and Challenging Behaviors (Preschool - Kindergarten)
Presented by Tara Slinn, MSEd, SPEC ED
Designed Specifically for Educators and Therapists Serving Children In Preschool and Kindergarten: Classroom Teachers, Preschool Staff, Special Education Staff, Occupational Therapists, Speech Language Pathologists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Instructional Aides, and Administrators
- Highly practical strategies that improve the attention, behavior and social skills of young children with developmental delays and challenging behaviors – whether you are working in-person or online
- Practical strategies to promote team efforts in teaching between regular education; special education; and OT, speech, and social work therapists
- Proven, proactive, positive management techniques using movement activities to maximize learning and minimize tantrums, disruptions and distractions
- Demonstrations, intervention videos, and hands on activities with ready to go forms for immediate use in your classroom plus an extensive digital resource handbook
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Young children are increasingly demonstrating a combination of developmental, behavioral, mental health, and sensory integration disabilities. How can we, as teachers and therapists, effectively identify, understand and address these combined challenges in order to maximize learning for our students with special needs – whether working in-person or online?
The focus of this cutting edge live online seminar is on a wealth of practical strategies that simultaneously address the uniquely combined developmental, behavioral and sensory integration challenges of young children. Explore successful strategies for improving the behavior, sensory integration, learning, attention, and developmental skills of these children, plus easy to administer assessments that will help you address the specific behavioral and sensory integration challenges of children with special needs. In addition, you will receive ready-to-implement ideas to organize your classroom or therapy sessions, manage and reduce aggressive behaviors, and implement practical sensory integration techniques.
You will leave this outstanding seminar with dozens of practical ideas and strategies to help your students make significant gains in their behavior, sensory processing and learning skills – whether you are working in-person or online.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Achieve Success with Your Most Challenging Students – Whether You are Working In-Person or Online
Learn how to implement practical, research based strategies that enable students to focus on learning … Behavioral and sensory processing techniques that work especially well for students with a wide variety of learning disabilities, from ADHD to autism
- Learn Strategies to Increase Positive Behavior and Social Skills
Classroom proven techniques to guide your students' positive behavior from the first day of school or therapy using sensory integration, mindfulness and movement activities
- Engage Young Children with Special Needs in Active Learning
How to use creative strategies, purposeful activities and effective environmental adaptations to enhance your teaching or therapy time … Techniques to make the most of every activity you do with your students
- Help Your Students Develop Self Control
Step by step demonstrations for using routine embedded activities in a variety of settings to promote the development of attention, self control, social skills, and sensory processing skills of young students with special needs
- Use the Best Instructional Strategies for Each Child
Learn practical, efficient ways to determine the impact of children's cognitive, behavioral, emotional, and sensory processing skills on their ability to learn … How to design the best teaching and therapy approaches based on this information
- Increase Participation in Learning Activities
Key steps for improving the attention span, sensory integration, motor planning, and learning abilities of young students with special needs … Best methods for using adaptive equipment and environmental modifications to enhance learning
- Provide the Best Start for Learning
Support all your learners using proven, research based practices to establish a therapy or classroom environment in which all children can thrive … How to prevent behavior problems and meet the needs of children with diverse learning styles in your classroom
- Actively Increase the Learning Success of Young Students with Special Needs
Specific strategies to build on students' strengths to engage them in learning both in-person and when teaching virtually … Implement powerful early intervention and structured teaching strategies
- Gain Meaningful Support from Parents
Powerful strategies to develop positive team relationships with parents … How to support parents who demonstrate serious challenges … Step by step techniques to minimize the impact of family crisis on a child's learning
- Ideas, Ideas and More Ideas!
Demonstrations, songs, stories, art, puppets, and games that improve attention, self control, behavior, and sensory processing skills of young children … Videotaped demonstrations, environmental adaptations and dozens of interventions to enhance your teaching or therapy program (You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook for use whether working in-person or online)
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Implement practical, research-based movement strategies that enable students to focus on learning – whether you are working in-person or online
- Identify specific positive behavioral support strategies to prevent and reduce aggressive behavior
- Select classroom-proven techniques to guide your students' successful behavior from the first day of school or therapy
- Select proven strategies for using brief routine-embedded movement breaks to promote self-control, sensory processing and social skills
- Examine a wealth of activities to help young children appropriately manage their strong feelings
- Describe the keys to encourage and support appropriate participation in classroom and therapy learning activities
- Evaluate dozens of innovative ways for making the most of every activity you do with students
- Utilize powerful strategies for developing positive team relationships with parents
- Discover effective ways for using developmentally appropriate physical, visual and verbal prompts to teach young children
- Review activities, ideas and effective games to promote children's self-control, initiative and attachment
- Select ideas for adapting your teaching or therapy environment to improve attention and behavior
- Implement highly effective positive behavioral support strategies in large and small group settings
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Understanding the special needs of young children with developmental, behavioral and sensory integration challenges and enhancing their skills to learn is a common goal of both teachers and therapists. However, when we are faced with a growing number of children who demonstrate a combination of these challenges, our job can often seem overwhelming. This live online seminar is designed to help you identify, understand, and address these combined challenges in order to maximize learning for young children with special needs.
During our day together I will provide you with a wealth of practical strategies that you can implement immediately in your own in-person or online teaching or therapy. The ideas I will share are proven, based on recent research, and highly effective in improving the attention, behavior and social skills of young children with developmental delays and challenging behaviors. I have used many of these strategies on a daily basis in our work with countless students over the past twenty years.
I will give you powerful ways to help your students develop self control, reduce their aggressive behavior, manage their strong feelings, participate appropriately in learning activities, increase their attention span, and improve their ability to take appropriate initiative.
With the support of video demonstrations, hands-on examples, songs, games, and innovative learning activities, I will give you practical, step-by-step ideas to greatly enhance your success in working with young children with developmental, behavioral and sensory integration challenges.
Please join me for an exciting day filled with ideas you can use immediately.
Tara Slinn, MSEd, SPEC ED
P.S. Again, the focus of our day together will not be on theory but on practical strategies and ideas that are proven for helping young children with developmental delays and challenging behaviors.
Who Should Attend
Educators and Therapists Serving Children In Preschool and Kindergarten:
Classroom Teachers, Preschool Staff, Special Education Staff, Occupational Therapists, Speech Language Pathologists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Instructional Aides, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Specific activities, strategies and ideas to improve young children's attention and behavior – whether you are working in-person or online
- Proven techniques to encourage and support appropriate participation with in-person and online classroom and therapy activities
- Suggestions for using developmentally appropriate physical, visual and verbal prompts to teach young children
- Songs, games and a wealth of movement activities to improve the self control and sensory processing skills of young children
- Many fun and easy-to-implement strategies for accommodating the sensory differences of your students
Your instructors will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.