Practical Early Intervention Strategies That Work: Supporting Young Children with Developmental Delays and Challenging Behaviors (Preschool-Kindergarten)
Presented by Angela Searcy
Designed Specifically for Educators and Therapists Serving Children In Preschool and Kindergarten: Classroom Teachers, Preschool Staff, Special Education Staff, Speech‑Language Pathologists, Social Workers, Instructional Aides, and Administrators
- Dozens of highly practical strategies to improve the attention, behavior and interactive social skills of young children with developmental disabilities, challenging behaviors, abuse/neglect histories, and sensory processing difficulties
- Proven and proactive early intervention strategies that support improved self-regulation, social-emotional skills, and communication skills
- The critical components for decreasing behavior challenges and effective ways to respond when challenging behaviors occur
- Step-by-step guidance, how-to ideas and powerful tools for developing thoughtful, deliberate, research-based intervention plans, and what to expect at each stage of implementation
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This seminar is specifically designed for educators and therapists who want to strengthen their skills in working most effectively with preschool and kindergarten students with developmental and communication delays, and challenging behaviors. Outstanding teacher, therapist and national presenter, ANGELA SEARCY will share a wealth of practical, evidence-based ideas to simultaneously help you address both the developmental and behavioral challenges of young children with special needs, while not sacrificing the needs or well-being of other children in the classroom.
Utilizing hands-on activities, case studies, humor, and video clips in this fast-paced day, Angela will help you expand your repertoire of the latest, best social and emotional tools and interventions for working successfully with students with challenging behaviors. You will leave this outstanding seminar with renewed energy and confidence, equipped with dozens of practical and proven strategies to help you make a marked difference with the academic, social and emotional skills of your challenging preschool and kindergarten students.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Avoid Common Mistakes and Achieve Success Working with Challenging Behaviors and Children with Developmental Delays in Grades PreK-K
Despite our best attempts, interventions for children with challenging behaviors often “don’t work” … Avoid the most common intervention mistakes and set the stage for student success!
- Leverage Adult Behavior and Biases to Increase Student Success
Working effectively with students with challenging behaviors is not easy! … Learn powerful mindfulness, self-regulation and self-care tools educators can use to greatly enhance their effectiveness
- Accurately Target the Function of Specific Behaviors with the Most Appropriate Interventions
Most behavior plans fail because they do not adequately account for the reason or function behind challenging behaviors … Gain practical tools and frameworks to match the right interventions with challenging behaviors
- Create Effective Behavior Plans and Know What to Expect at Each Phase of Implementation
Make the most of your intervention plans with practical, evidence-based, step-by-step guidance that outlines what actions to take at each phase of implementation … Gain outstanding use-tomorrow ideas
- Balance Individual Needs of Students with Challenging Behaviors with the Rest of the Classroom
Learn strategies to address the individual needs of a few children without sacrificing the needs or safety of other children … Gain practical strategies for maintaining order in settings with limited staff and resources
- Communicate Effectively with Young Children with Developmental Delays and Challenging Behaviors
Apply proven strategies to more effectively provide directions, reinforcement of rules and verbal communication expectations … Support students’ success during classroom routines and transitions
- Keep Young Children with Challenging Behaviors Engaged Long Enough to Learn
Gain practical techniques to make the most of every instructional opportunity … Apply the best child-centered techniques and environmental adaptations to increase engagement, verbal participation and learning during your instruction
- Significantly Decrease Recurring Behavior and Verbal Challenges
Learn the critical components necessary to decrease recurring challenges … Incorporate the best prevention-based strategies and interventions to stop challenging behaviors before they start
- Enrich Your Repertoire of Highly Effective Reinforcement Strategies and Replacement Skills
Discover interventions that teach and substitute replacement skills and appropriate behaviors for challenging ones … Explore a plethora of reinforcement strategies and what to do when reinforcements no longer work!
- Ideas, Ideas and More Early Intervention Ideas – Specifically for Preschool and Kindergarten Students with Challenging Behaviors
Multiple activities, strategies and ideas perfect for your students … Receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar and filled with practical ideas and research-based strategies
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Powerful, practical early intervention strategies to best teach and reach students with developmental delays and challenging behaviors – whether you are teaching at school or online
- Developmentally appropriate tools to increase compliance, on-task behavior and following of directions
- Timesaving tips and tools to support the needs of students with challenging behaviors during instruction without sacrificing the needs of other students
- Practical solutions to prevent challenges before they start
- Learning activities designed to increase the self-control, communication skills and social-emotional skills of young students with challenging behaviors
- Innovative ways to strengthen students’ engagement and build upon their interests and strengths
- The keys to effective reinforcements and a framework to help you select and monitor the success of strategies across time
- How to avoid the most common pitfalls and set the stage for success in working with young children with developmental delays and challenging behaviors
- Adult mindfulness, self-care and self-regulation skills to help caring educators persist in working most successfully with young students with challenging behaviors
- How to increase the effectiveness of your existing strategies and interventions
- Tips on the best times to teach replacement skills, how long implementation takes, and what to expect at each phase of the implementation process
- The latest evidence-based and classroom-proven approaches, video clips of strategies in action, interaction with other participants, and much more
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
In my discussions with educators across the country, many often worry that the number of young children who exhibit challenging behaviors appears to be increasing. Addressing these behaviors and working successfully with these children can be one of our greatest obstacles to providing quality instruction, and highlights challenges including:
- How can we simultaneously meet the needs of these children while balancing the needs of our other students?
- What happens when our best intervention ideas only work for a short time or don’t work at all?
- How can we best tap into this golden window of opportunity that we have for early intervention?
I have designed this seminar to help you address these challenges in order to maximize learning for young children with special needs. Prepare for an interactive day full of laughter, strategies, ideas and solutions perfect for preschool and kindergarten. Explore video, visual examples from real classrooms, songs, innovative learning activities and interventions, and much more! My goal is to provide you with an abundance of practical tools and ways to powerfully match them to the unique needs of your students and setting.
I am excited to share my ideas and expertise based on my years as a teacher, therapist and educational consultant. The strategies I present are ones I’ve used and found most successful in my work with countless students and schools across the country. I want to show you the most common pitfalls to avoid and to set you up for success in best reaching and teaching your young students with challenging behaviors.
Please join me for an exciting day filled with ideas you can use immediately! I look forward to meeting you at the seminar!
P.S. Prepare for an interactive day! The emphasis will be on proven and practical ideas you can use immediately in your work with young children with challenging behaviors.
Who Should Attend
Educators and Therapists Serving Children In Preschool and Kindergarten: Classroom Teachers, Preschool Staff, Special Education Staff, Speech‑Language Pathologists, Social Workers, Instructional Aides, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Resources for developing social skills, replacement skills, prevention and reinforcement strategies
- Research-based instructional strategies
- Forms and visual tools to clarify expectations and improve student behavior
- Samples, examples and tools for supporting the success of young children with challenging behaviors
ASHA - CEUs
This course is offered for 0.50 ASHA CEUs per day (Intermediate level, Professional area).
ASHA-Required Disclosure Statement for Angela Searcy:
Consultant for the Bureau of Education & Research and receives honorarium compensation.
No relevant nonfinancial relationships exist.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.