Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Current, Best Strategies for Strengthening Your School-Based OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY Program
Presented by Cynthia Haynes, M.Ed, MBA, OTD, OTR/L
Specifically Designed for School-Based Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants Serving Students in Grades PreK-12
- Practical strategies to enhance your professional application of the best OT practices in your busy school setting
- Timesaving ideas you can use immediately to embed OT accommodations into the school day and promote student function
- Efficient ways to help you gain better control of your caseload and schedule
- Demonstrations, models and an extensive occupational therapy resource handbook filled with practical ideas and strategies
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Specifically designed for school-based Occupational Therapists and COTAs, this NEW seminar will provide you with a variety of practical strategies for supporting students in grades PreK-12 more effectively and efficiently. Cynthia Haynes, an outstanding school-based occupational therapist and mentor will share dozens of proven ideas to help strengthen your school-based OT program. Whether you are a newpractitioner or an experienced clinician, this seminar combines current, best OT approaches with the realities of providing services in today’s demanding school settings. The emphasis will be on the best ways to help you ensure accountability, determine efficacy of your interventions and guide your recommendation for levels of intervention. A variety of service delivery models will be discussed along with practical solutions you can implement in your practice.
Armed with an extensive OT therapy resource handbook and dozens of current, best strategies, you will leave feeling confident and empowered to make an even greater impact on your students and the educational team with whom you work.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Strengthen Your Practice as a School-Based Occupational Therapist
Increase your effectiveness and efficiency as a school-based OT by enhancing your existing toolbox of strategies
- Encourage Stronger Carryover of Your OT Interventions
Tips and techniques to help you empower members of the educational team to maximize students’ benefit from your interventions and accommodations … Promote practice and generalization across school environments, even when you’re not there!
- Incorporate the Best Up-To-Date Evidence Based Practices
Discover the latest information on the efficacy of sensory-based intervention strategies for the diverse students you serve and the implications these have for your practice
- Fresh, Innovative Ideas to Expand Your Intervention Repertoire
Expand your “bag of tricks” with outstanding adaptations, accommodations, interventions, and techniques – perfect for students on your caseload
- Utilize Time-Efficient Documentation and Progress Monitoring Strategies
Simplify your day with easy-to-use ideas to organize, plan, document, and evaluate the efficacy of your therapy sessions
- Strengthen Your Collaborative Skills as an Occupational Therapist
Facilitate success with your multi-disciplinary educational teams … Here’s how!
- Highly Effective Ways to Utilize COTAs
Discover the best ways to utilize and maximize the benefits of Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants (COTAs) in school-based therapy
- Schedule Your Time for Maximum Impact
Consider workload vs. caseload options to help you more efficiently and effectively accomplish your goals, and streamline your therapy program
- Dynamic and Ready-to-Use Strategies to Strengthen Your OT Interventions
Compliment your toolkit with effective strategies that address diverse and changing student and classroom needs … Practical ideas you can use immediately in your role as an OT or COTA
- Take Home an Extensive OT Resource Handbook
Receive an extensive resource handbook filled with strategies, rubrics, reproducible data collection forms, and outstanding apps, websites and resources to strengthen your therapy with grades PreK-12 students
- Select practical, integrative strategies to increase your effectiveness and efficiency as a school-based OT or COTA
- Describe innovative interventions that combine technology with traditional therapy methods
- Identify strategies to help you spend less time planning and more time providing therapy
- Discuss a plan for increasing the effectiveness of your collaboration with education teams to improve student performance in the classroom
- Identify best-practices for utilizing COTAs in school-based therapy
- Examine ways to work smarter not harder to gain greater results from your therapy
- Explore and discuss how you can facilitate an optimal OT/COTA partnership
- Select the best websites, blogs and resources for streamlining your occupational therapy program
- Acquire timesaving techniques for simplifying data collection and documentation
- Examine methods to help you efficiently gather quantitative information and simplify progress monitoring
- Select fine motor, visual motor and perceptual activities, strategies and ideas to help your students better access their education
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Being a school-based OT can be fun, professionally challenging and occasionally frustrating. Our expanding role as a key related service provider pulls us in many different directions throughout the school year. But in the end, we all want to make the most positive impact we can on the students, schools and families we serve.
The content of this seminar will embody AOTA’s 2025 Vision, IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act) and ESSA (Every Student Succeeds Act) guidelines. I want to help you enhance your practice and crucial role as a school-based OT. You’ll learn practical ways to maximize the impact of your therapy.
During our day together, I will share ideas for implementing current, best practices in the most efficient and effective ways possible. You will learn timesaving strategies for monitoring student progress and enhancing the efficacy of your interventions. A variety of active learning activities will help reinforce ways you can implement the ideas presented. In addition, you will have the opportunity to share your ideas and experiences throughout the day with fellow OTs and COTAs.
Our occupational therapy services are of vital importance to the students we serve. I hope you will take this opportunity to enhance your practice and to learn along with me.
Cynthia Haynes, M.Ed, MBA, OTD, OTR/L
P.S. Join me for a very practical, evidence-based learning experience that will equip you with dozens of ideas and strategies that you can begin to implement the very next day!
Who Should Attend
School-Based Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants serving students in grades PreK-12
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive OT Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Innovative OT intervention strategies
- The best websites for intervention ideas, documentation, and enhancing your OT practice
- Ways to evaluate and enhance team effectiveness
- Ideas and documentation methods to use in pre-referral or RTI contexts
- Reproducible documentation resources to use in your practice
Meet and Share
This seminar provides participants a great opportunity to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in strengthening their OT program.
Cynthia Haynes will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.