School Nurses: Best, Evidence-Based Interventions for Emergent, Chronic and Mental Health Issues
Presented by Mary Anne Wesoloski, MSN, BN, RN, PEL-CSN (IL), NCSN
Specifically Designed for School Nurses, District Nurses and School Health Services Coordinators Serving Grades PreK 12
- The most current, evidence-based interventions you can use to enhance your response to emergent, chronic and mental health issues
- Increase preparedness for evacuations, lockdowns and natural or manmade emergencies, plus the most up-to-date emergency response practices before EMS arrives
- Maximize your efficiency and effectiveness with care coordination for students with chronic conditions
- Thrive as a school nurse—discover what outstanding school nurses do differently to successfully manage their practice
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Join award winning school nurse, Mary Anne Wesoloski as she shares highly practical and valuable evidence-based interventions perfect for enhancing your practice. Mary Anne understands firsthand the complex care required for students with chronic health conditions, as well as the increased trend in the number and severity of social/emotional health issues that school nurses encounter. In this informative and interactive seminar, you will gain greater confidence in responding to individual and population-based emergencies.
Learn practical ways to streamline and strengthen your interventions whether responding to emergencies or managing chronic health conditions. Explore practical implications of the National Association of School Nurses Framework for 21st Century School Nursing to guide your ever-changing role as a school nurse. Adapt and apply the same effective methods your teachers utilize in their classrooms to more successfully manage your space and practice. Learn the secrets of school nurses who don’t just survive, but thrive!
This is a day you won’t want to miss! Update and strengthen your response to emergent, chronic and mental health issues.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Enhance Your Effectiveness as a School Nurse
Integrate the latest evidence-based interventions for managing emergent, chronic and mental health issues
- Prepare to Deliver Emergency Care Before EMS Arrives
Learn the latest evidence-based interventions for life-threatening conditions including, anaphylaxis, asthma, diabetes, seizures, and opioid overdose
- Are You Ready?
Explore practical ideas for strengthening your building’s preparedness for evacuations, lockdowns and natural or manmade emergencies
- Streamline Care Coordination of Chronic Conditions
Discover practical approaches and technology tools that will save you time and help you streamline care coordination for individual students with chronic conditions
- Build Greater Resiliency and “Grit” in Your Students (and Staff)
Gain proven management strategies for decreasing non-essential health office visits and increasing students’ in-class instructional contact time to support their learning
- Optimally Manage Your School Health Clinic Environment
Adapt and apply the same proven methods your teachers utilize in their classrooms to more successfully manage your space and practice as a school nurse
- Incorporate Injury/Illness Prevention Strategies to Reduce Risk
Identify environmental risks to your school population … Learn effective ways to frame your message to stakeholders to implement positive, impactful interventions
- Don’t Just Survive – Thrive as a School Nurse!
Discover what outstanding school nurses do differently that you can, too! … Here’s how to more successfully manage your school nursing practice
- Enhance Your Mental Health Triage for Students in Need
Utilize health-room tested assessment tools, frameworks and interventions to more quickly triage and deliver appropriate care to students in distress
- Receive an Evidence-Based Interventions Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive resource handbook filled with strategies, ideas and ready-to-duplicate templates that you can use immediately to strengthen your school nursing practice
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- The latest, evidence-based interventions for life-threatening conditions: anaphylaxis, asthma, diabetes, seizures, and opioid overdose
- Improve preparedness for evacuations, lockdowns and natural or manmade emergencies
- Proven strategies to decrease non-essential health office visits and increase student “seat time” to support learning
- Enhance emergency evacuation and lockdown plans for students with special challenges
- Gain effective assessments and strategies you can apply within the first minute of a social/emotional visit to your clinic
- Enhance your “toolbox” of quick interventions for addressing and de-escalating social/emotional concerns in working with your student population
- Templates, tips and tools to streamline care coordination for students with life-threatening and chronic conditions
- Illness and injury prevention: learn practical ways to develop and implement strategies to reduce health risks in your student population
- Ways to more effectively advocate for your students and school nurse practice … How to frame your message to stakeholders to get what you need
- Learn practical ways to stay energized and grow in your school nurse practice
- Dozens of tips to ensure your work space promotes your “message”
- Ten things outstanding school nurses do to maximize their success
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As a fellow school nurse, I understand firsthand the unique challenges and rewards of our field. School nurses are the first responders before EMS arrives. Monday Morning Triage is very real. We are the healers of physical and emotional hurts. We must be ready for the unexpected and the unimaginable. We are responsible for the health and safety of all under our care, and that is a HUGE job! Over the years, the roles and responsibilities of school nurses have continued to expand, challenging each of us to work smarter and more efficiently, while remaining current in our nursing practice.
I have designed this seminar specifically to help you thrive as a school nurse. I want to provide you with a wealth of information, tips and strategies to increase your confidence and effectiveness in your school nursing practice.
The focus of our day together will be on sharing the most current, evidence-based interventions you can use to improve your response as a school nurse to emergent, chronic and mental health issues. You will learn the latest information for life threatening emergencies. You will also receive a variety of templates to help you streamline care coordination of students with chronic conditions. You will gain practical tips for managing your health office and school nurse practice. Discover the secrets I have observed in many successful school nurses. Learn how to stay energized and grow in your school nursing practice. These are just some of the many topics we will explore.
This seminar also provides a day of sharing and collaborating face to face with other school nurses who understand very well what you do every day. Knowing that professional isolation often comes with our role, engaging face to face is crucial for strengthening and sustaining our practice. Please join me for this engaging, valuable day, tailor-made especially for you and your school nursing practice in mind.
Mary Anne Wesoloski, MSN, BN, RN, PEL-CSN (IL), NCSN
P.S. You will leave energized with dozens of practical tips and strategies to help you not only survive, but also thrive, as a school nurse!
Who Should Attend
School Nurses, District Nurses and School Health Services Coordinators Serving Grades PreK-12
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Tools and checklists to improve critical assessments and interventions during medical emergencies
- Tips for illness and injury surveillance to improve student health and safety
- Proven templates to streamline your emergency care plans, individual health care plans, field trip and bus plans
- Fast interventions for social/emotional health visits
- Strategies to help you thrive as a school nurse
Meet and Share
This seminar provides participants a great opportunity to meet and share ideas with others interested in strengthening their school nursing practice.
Mary Anne Wesoloski will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.