One-Day Train-the-Trainer Institute
SCHOOL NURSES: Enhance Effective Medical Emergency Response Teams at Each of Your School Sites
Presented by Evilia Jankowski
Specifically Designed for School Nurses, District Nurses, Supervisors, and Coordinators Serving Grades PreK-12
- Train and establish effective teams to respond to school medical emergencies (You'll receive all the training materials for use in your own schools)
- Develop standardized emergency action plans for the most common emergency conditions using current, evidence-based recommendations
- Equip your team with the current, best knowledge and skills in caring for Sudden Cardiac Arrest and the BIG 4 (Asthma, Anaphylaxis, Diabetes, and Seizures)
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are the school staff you support fully prepared and trained to respond in case of an emergency —whether you are on campus or not?
In this one-day train-the-trainer program you will learn to craft effective school emergency medical interventions and establish and train a Medical Emergency Response Team (MERT) in every building where you work! Evilia Jankowski, an expert on developing school MERTs brings over 24 years of school nursing experience to this important topic. Evilia provides critical and practical strategies to ensure that your MERT is prepared for any emergency situation.
Empower building staff with the skills, confidence and preparation needed for the unexpected. Leverage strategies outlined in the NASN Framework for the 21st Century School Nursing Practice to develop a multi-disciplinary, collaborative response to medical emergencies.
You will leave this seminar with all of the tools and training materials you need to create an effective Medical Emergency Response Team in your school building(s). Join Evilia for a dynamic, fast-paced day filled with evidence-based, yet practical, proven ways you can help safeguard the buildings where you work in case of an emergency.
Gain the tools, knowledge and confidence to establish and train effective Medical Emergency Response Teams.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Establish and Train a School Medical Emergency Response Team (MERT)
Receive the training you need to enhance a Medical Emergency Response Team at each of your school sites … Leave this train-the-trainer workshop with a wealth of tools and an implementation plan
- Streamline Medical Emergency Response
Learn highly effective practices to plan for and address medical emergencies that occur before, during and after school
- Empower and Train Your Staff
Receive the tools, strategies and components you need to conduct professional development to train and empower staff to respond effectively in emergencies (You'll receive all the training materials for use in your own schools)
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest and the BIG 4
Receive current, best information and practices for the emergency management of Sudden Cardiac Arrest, Asthma, Anaphylaxis, Diabetes and Seizures … Learn what you and your team need to know most
- Essential Elements of Emergency Response Plans
Craft emergency response plans that reflect the most important local and national data, trends and requirements … Leverage evidence-based approaches from NASN's Framework for the 21st Century School Nursing Practice
- Maximize Effective Staff Communication During Emergencies
Facilitate clear communication and problem solving among all staff for a smooth and effective response to medical emergencies
- Build School and District Support
Learn strategies to build support among administrators and staff … Become the change agent for a coordinated and effective emergency response plan in your school and district
- Who, What, When, and Where
How to delegate appropriate roles and responsibilities for the most effective response to medical emergencies … Maximize medical expertise
- Practice and Plan for MERT Trainings
Participate in hands-on activities to help you learn and practice essential elements of a school medical response team … Establish a clear action plan
- Receive an Extensive Medical Emergency Response Team Handbook
As a participant, you will receive a MERT handbook packed with tools and strategies to help you establish and train school medical response teams at each of your school sites … Plus receive online access to the tools and the ability to customize to meet your specific needs
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Create and train a school Medical Emergency Response Team (MERT) that is prepared to respond to medical emergencies at each of your school sites
- Powerful ways to utilize NASN's Framework for 21st Century School Nursing Practice to plan for school medical emergencies
- Train your MERT on the latest information and best practices regarding the BIG 4 (Asthma, Anaphylaxis, Diabetes, and Seizures)
- Easy-to-follow action sequence algorithms to respond to common medical emergencies
- Implement effective systems-level leadership
- Secure buy-in from administrators and stakeholders for the MERT Plan
- Develop protocols to address medical emergencies during the school day, after school and during large evening events
- Assemble interdisciplinary teams to effectively respond to medical emergencies
- Manage school medical emergencies through a team approach
- Easy-to-implement tools to delegate responsibilities
- Create a collaborative and effective emergency communication plan
- How to integrate communication strategies for maximum effectiveness
- Implement common language and protocols to enhance communication during medical emergencies in the school setting
- Comply with state and national regulations regarding school medical emergencies
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Medical emergencies occur in our schools. Inevitably, emergencies often happen when the school nurse is away from the building. What if you could be assured that anyone experiencing a medical emergency will have an effective response, even when the school nurse is not able to respond?
In this one-day train-the-trainer program, I will show you how to establish or enhance your Medical Emergency Response Team (MERT) with well-defined individual actions and responsibilities so that all required actions will be taken.
There is nothing more frightening to staff than a student or adult struggling to breathe, experiencing a seizure or another medical emergency. Even more frightening is the feeling of helplessness when they don't know how to help in these situations.
I want to help you provide the staff with whom you work the knowledge and skills they need to respond appropriately to any medical emergency in school—whether you are present or not. Learn how to empower your staff and get the added benefit of a team who can provide competent assistance when it is most needed.
Please join me for a critical day in which I will provide you with all the practical tips, tools and approaches you need to successfully implement the MERT process in your school(s). I want to help you be a leader and change agent in effectively preparing staff to respond in case of an emergency. I look forward to meeting you and working with you!
P.S. You will leave this seminar with a handbook complete with templates and tools to help you implement the MERT process. Don't miss this opportunity!
Who Should Attend
School Nurses, District Nurses, Supervisors, and Coordinators Serving Grades PreK-12
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Medical Emergency Response Team Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Strategies, ideas, resources, documents, training materials, and forms to help your school staff effectively address school medical emergencies
- Ways to gain support from school staff
- Checklists to ensure supplies are ready when needed
- Ready-to-use emergency and healthcare forms to prepare for medical events
- Practical tips to engage and build relationships with EMS
- Samples procedures to make your medical emergency training drills efficient and complete
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in training and developing a Medical Emergency Response Team.
Evilia will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own medical emergency program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.