Increase the Success of Your Students with Learning Disabilities
Presented by Kathy Perez
Specifically Designed for Special Education, General Education Teachers and all Educators who work with students with learning disabilities in Grades K-6
- Practical, effective and easy-to-incorporate strategies and ideas to increase the academic success of your students with learning disabilities both in the special education and general education classroom
- Ways to increase the success of students with learning disabilities to boost their confidence and begin to stop the cycle of failure frequently experienced by these students
- Discover how students with learning disabilities see things differently; how you can adapt and adjust your instruction to increase their motivation to participate in school
- How to differentiate your instruction to better meet the varying needs of students with learning disabilities
- Learn easy-to-use ways to modify existing lessons and assignments to better scaffold and support your students with learning disabilities
- Dozens of activities, tips, tools, and techniques to diversify and differentiate your instruction for your students with learning disabilities
As teachers of students with learning disabilities, we are continuously looking for new, research-based strategies to better meet the needs of our students. In this seminar, Kathy Perez will share dozens of practical and realistic strategies proven to work for students with mild-to-moderate learning disabilities. Drawing from her extensive classroom experience, Kathy will present innovative, highly effective techniques for adapting your instruction and curriculum to meet the unique and diverse needs of this population.
You will discover how to modify and adjust existing lessons, assignments and materials. In addition, you will gain valuable information about how these students learn and process information differently, what some of their obstacles to learning are, and how you can help them overcome those hurdles. You will leave with a variety of strategies and an extensive resource handbook to help you put the ideas to use immediately in your own K-6 setting.
Don’t miss this exciting and inspiring opportunity to hear Kathy Perez, known for her practical suggestions and hands-on seminars!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Practical Strategies to Increase the Success of Your Students with Learning Disabilities in Grades K-6
Proven, research-based strategies for working more effectively with your students with learning disabilities … How to keep your students with learning disabilities engaged and motivated to learn and acquire the skills they need
- Discover How Students with Learning Disabilities Process Information Differently
Students with learning disabilities see and hear differently in our classrooms … Learn these differences and how you can adapt your instruction to help them better process and understand your lessons
- Scaffolding Learning and Selecting and Adapting Materials for Students with Learning Disabilities
How to scaffold academic tasks in order to support the unique needs of your students with learning disabilities … Tips for selecting materials and adapting the materials you already use
- Modify and Differentiate Your Curriculum for Students with Learning Disabilities
Discover ways to design and modify your lessons to differentiate instruction for learners with various needs and at different skill levels … Use the best, current research on learning styles to better meet the individual needs of your students and strengthen your whole program
- Gain New and Valuable Tools to Differentiate Your Instruction
How to transform your lessons based on your students’ readiness, needs and interests … Practical techniques to differentiate by content, process or product – ideas perfect for students with learning disabilities
- Stop the Cycle of Failure for Students with Learning Disabilities
Effective ideas to raise your students’ confidence … How to help students experience academic success to increase their motivation to do the work and acquire the skills they need … Stop the cycle of failure these students often experience
- Learn a Proven Set of Strategies for Students with Learning Disabilities
Implement a proven set of strategies that will help your students increase their school skills … Brain-based learning strategies, engaging activities and differentiating tips
- Designing Engaging, Collaborative Instructional Activities
Learn ways to implement collaborative activities that are inclusive for all students … Ways to account for individual learning needs and learning styles while building a positive environment where more students can be successful
- Immediately Increase Your Teaching Options
Dozens of activities and strategies perfect for grades K-6 students with learning disabilities … Ideas and strategies you can try when your return to your classroom
- Receive an Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a valuable resource handbook packed with a wealth of practical ideas, strategies, outstanding tools, and resources for grades K-6
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Dozens of ready-to-use strategies to increase the achievement and motivation of your students with learning disabilities in grades K-6
- How to scaffold academic tasks to better support your students with learning disabilities
- Learn how students with learning disabilities process and acquire information differently and ways to structure your instruction to increase their success
- Specific strategies for reaching your students with learning disabilities
- Ways to use differentiation to provide greater opportunities for students to succeed in your classroom
- Current, best practices for supporting your students with learning disabilities
- Effective and doable ways to accommodate the diverse needs of your students
- Dozens of ways to engage students in success-oriented instruction that will boost their confidence and motivation to learn
- Discover the obstacles students with learning disabilities encounter and ways to help them overcome those hurdles
- Proven teaching ideas for strengthening the academic skills of your students with learning disabilities
- Practical tips for modifying your curriculum without lowering your expectations
- Innovative ideas for adapting and using activity-based learning lessons
- How to select and adapt appropriate materials for your students with learning disabilities
- Personalized interventions – the more ways we teach, the more students we reach
- Numerous ideas, tips and strategies to increase the effectiveness of your instruction to students with learning disabilities in grades K-6
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Whether special or general educators, we all have the same hope for our students: that they are able to perform to the best of their abilities each and every day. In today’s society, we face many challenges as we strive toward this vision of success for our students. I have designed this seminar to help you overcome these challenges and provide you with classroom-tested methods, activities and strategies you can use immediately to support students with mild-to-moderate learning disabilities.
In my thirty five years of teaching, I’ve had my share of students who struggle daily in school. As a special education teacher, classroom teacher and reading specialist, I will give you instant ideas, strategies and engaging techniques for enriching your program while keeping you energized and motivated.
I am, first and foremost, a teacher and a mother. My love for both roles has brought me to the role of special education consultant. I look forward to meeting you, learning from you, and sharing the practices and techniques that I have used with students throughout my career. The good news is all our students can be taught to use these classroom-tested strategies and I would like to show you how.
Please join me for just one day and I will show you how to teach and model techniques that will help your students become more strategic and successful. When we work together, education for all students can become a reality.
Kathy Perez. Ed.D
P.S. I guarantee you will leave this seminar re-energized and armed with ready-to-use tools that will make a tremendous difference for your students.
Who Should Attend
Designed for grades K-6: Special Education, General Education teachers and all educators who work with students with learning disabilities.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook designed specifically for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- strategies to differentiate your instruction to meet the needs of students with learning disabilities
- ideas for building a success-oriented classroom for all students
- best, current research on the learning styles of struggling students
- dozens of ready-to-use activities for K-6 students with learning disabilities
Meet and Share:
This seminar provides participants a great opportunity to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in strengthening their classroom.
Kathy Perez will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.