Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
SPECIALLY DESIGNED INSTRUCTION:
Accelerate the Learning of All Your Students
Specifically Designed for Special Education Staff, Classroom Teachers, Interventionists, and Administrators Serving Grades 1-12
- Practical strategies to implement the essential components of SPECIALLY DESIGNED INSTRUCTION (SDI) to increase the achievement of your students with special needs
- Innovative and realistic strategies for incorporating SPECIALLY DESIGNED INSTRUCTION into your daily lessons
- How to use SDI to differentiate instruction and boost active engagement in learning for your students with special needs in both inclusive classrooms and pull-out models
- Acquire dozens of instantly usable SDI strategies, innovative resources and techniques to engage and accelerate growth of students with special needs in inclusive classrooms across all content areas
Practical Ideas and Strategies
As special education teachers, we want to be sure to include in our lessons the specially designed instruction students with disabilities are required to receive. In this NEW strategy-packed seminar led by Savanna Flakes, you will discover practical ways to engage students using specially designed instruction to help them meet and exceed rigorous curriculum in both inclusive and pull-out classrooms. Savanna will give you dozens of practical and doable strategies to incorporate SDI into your instruction that will increase students’ achievement and progress on IEP goals. She will share the most effective, cutting-edge, research-based practices that can be incorporated into what you are already doing to strengthen your instruction so you will see greater results.
If you are looking for practical ways to maximize your instruction so your students with special needs can achieve more, this unique one-day seminar will provide best practices in specially designed instructional strategies to increase student achievement. You will leave with dozens of highly effective teaching strategies and an extensive resource handbook to help you reach your goal of helping your students with special needs be more successful and confident in their learning.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Increase the Learning for Your Students with Special Needs Using Specially Designed Instruction in Inclusive and Small Group Settings
Explore dozens of specially designed instructional strategies and activities that can be used immediately with your students with special needs … Practical ideas that work!
- Key Components of Providing Specially Designed Instruction
What is specially designed instruction and how can you be sure your special needs students who need it are getting what works for them … Learn the key components that make it intentional and transparent
- Best Practices to Build a Specially Designed Instruction Toolkit of Strategies
Greatly enhance your toolkit of strategies for providing specially designed instruction … Use specially designed instruction to expand access to the general education curriculum for all students
- Seamlessly Integrate High-Yield Specially Designed Instructional Strategies
Discover a wealth of engaging, evidence-based instructional practices that you will be able to use when you return to your classroom … Ideas including specific technology resources perfect for inclusive classrooms
- Explore Creative Ideas for Managing Students’ Accommodations and Progress Monitoring Students’ IEP Goals
Dynamic assessment techniques to collect rich student data and use to adjust instruction … Formal and informal assessments to quickly determine student understanding
- Close Skill Gaps to Enable Successful Mastery of Grade-Level Instructional Goals and Expectations
Reduce and close skill gaps while ensuring the prevention of new content area gaps … Boost student learning and active involvement using specially designed instruction
- Numerous Tools and Resources to Strengthen Your Specially Designed Instruction
What works to greatly increase learning for your special needs students and how you can adapt to meet their needs … Ideas for differentiating, using small group instruction, whole class strategies, and numerous resources you won’t want to miss!
- Timesaving Assessment Strategies
How to utilize a variety of assessments to guide your specially designed instruction … Specific ways to gather student data to measure progress related to learning objectives
- Specific Suggestions on How to Use Universal Design for Learning
How you can use Universal Design for Learning to build instructional scaffolds that bridge gaps and reduce or eliminate barriers to engagement and learning … Ideas to strengthen students’ confidence in their own ability to learn
- Receive an Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive the extensive resource handbook written specifically for this seminar to help you implement the strategies when you return to your special education classroom
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical strategies to incorporate specially designed instruction into your special education instruction to increase the achievement of your students with special needs
- Key components of providing specially designed instruction and gradual release of responsibility
- SDI strategies that will maximize whole group and small group instruction
- An array of specially designed instructional strategies that build confidence to decrease learned helplessness
- A variety of strategies to maximize learning, motivation and engagement through student choice and learning styles in daily lesson plans
- Efficient ways to collect classroom data to support differentiated instruction
- Simple assessment strategies to monitor students’ skill development and conceptual understanding
- Hands-on strategies to increase teacher expertise and build your instructional toolkit to improve student achievement
- Numerous, practical strategies that increase learning for students with special needs
- Specific ways to gather student data to measure progress related to learning objectives
- Neuroscience research for student learning to design brain-compatible instructional strategies that directly meet instructional and behavioral student needs
- Proven strategies for helping students promote a growth mindset, build classroom community and increase student motivation to accelerate success
- Research-based instructional strategies to maximize the benefits of small groups
- Dynamic assessment techniques to collect rich student data and use to adjust instruction
- Numerous technology resources to support student engagement and promote higher-order thinking
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As special education teachers, we are continuously searching for ways to help our students with special needs experience greater success in their learning. We want nothing more than to see these students develop confidence in school and become more independent learners. Specially designed instruction helps achieve these goals and can be incorporated into what you are already doing. As a special education and general education teacher, I have witnessed the success stories of victorious teachers and students who thrive on engaging and specially designed instruction in academics and social-emotional learning. I am extremely excited to share with you many proven and research-based instructional strategies and resources to accelerate our students’ achievement.
During this unique seminar, my goal is to provide you with a rewarding professional learning experience that will help you seamlessly integrate high-yield instructional practices and specially designed instructional strategies into your curriculum and instruction. I will provide you with a wealth of engaging, evidenced-based instructional practices based on the most current research and learning, and you will leave ready to have a positive impact on student achievement. Motivating reluctant learners, supporting social-emotional behavior, integrating educational technology to provide access to the curriculum, differentiated instruction and grouping, dynamic assessment, and cooperative learning are just some of the topics we will explore. You will experience hands-on strategies to increase special education teacher expertise and build your SDI instructional toolkit to improve the achievement of students with disabilities.
I extend to you a warm, personal invitation to join me in the continual learning and sharing work of ensuring student success. I pledge that you will leave this seminar with dozens of effective instructional strategies for accelerating student achievement and decreasing the achievement gap of students with disabilities.
P.S. You will also receive an extensive resource handbook filled with dozens of specific instructional strategies to increase the success of Specially Designed Instruction in inclusive classrooms. My goal is to provide you with practical strategies you can use immediately to increase student achievement in your classrooms.
Who Should Attend
Special Education Staff, Classroom Teachers, Interventionists, and Administrators Serving Grades 1-12.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Creating a learning environment for accelerating student achievement
- Instructional strategies on differentiation, cooperative learning, and literacy development
- A list of free technology resources to help meet the needs of your classroom
- Tips for effective assessment and teaching
- And much more!
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their special needs programs.
Savanna Flakes will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own special needs program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.