Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Best Practices in CO-TEACHING: Effective Strategies and Realistic Solutions for Inclusive Classrooms (Grades 1-12)
Presented by Catherine Wilson
Specifically Designed for General Education Teachers, Special Education Staff, ESL Teachers, and Other Specialists Who Currently Co-Teach or Plan to Co-Teach as Part of Their Schools' Inclusive Practices
- The most up-to-date approaches and best practices to strengthen your co-taught classroom
- Highly practical instructional strategies and how they can be integrated most effectively into your co-teaching approaches …
- Proven ideas for face-to-face instruction and distance learning environments
- Realistic options for using co-teaching to differentiate instruction to better meet the needs of your students with disabilities
- Proven methods for incorporating students' specially designed instruction into co-taught lessons
Practical Ideas and Strategies for In-Person and Online Co-Teaching
You won't want to miss this outstanding opportunity to hear Catherine Wilson's timely seminar with updated ideas and strategies for co-teaching. With increased expectations that these students access the general curriculum and make progress toward reaching high academic standards, our challenge is to meet the needs of all students without neglecting any of them. One of the best ways to accomplish this goal is to partner professionals in the classroom through co-teaching.
In this seminar, Catherine Wilson will provide you with dozens of practical tips, tools and strategies to assist you in creating, sustaining or building on a co-teaching program. You will see real classroom video clips of co-teaching in action. This outstanding seminar will also include proven instructional strategies such as visuals, mnemonics, formative assessment, and more, for use within co-teaching partnerships whether your are teaching in-person or online.
Don't miss this opportunity to join Catherine and discover powerful co-teaching strategies and gain a wealth of new ideas you can immediately utilize in your grades 1-12 co-taught classrooms.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Updated Strategies for Developing and Advancing Co-Teaching Practices In-Person and Online
Go beyond the basics of co-teaching … Develop a strong program by varying your approaches to co-teaching instruction in-person and online while maintaining the rigor and relevance needed to reach your state standards
- Developing Growth Mindsets in the Co-Taught Classroom
Explore practical strategies for developing the growth mindset kind of learner … Learn which practices co-educators can use to ensure students develop confidence in themselves as learners and in their learning … Here's how
- Identify Key Components in Building Positive Co-Teaching Partnerships Along with Pitfalls to Avoid
Learn the crucial components of any effective co-teaching relationship … How general education teachers, special education teachers, ESL teachers, and other professional staff can become more effective and efficient co-teaching teams
- Get Better Results for Your Efforts in Co-Taught Classes
Learn which models work best for different purposes … Match your instructional targets and students' learning goals to specific co-teaching models and approaches
- Enrich, Differentiate and Engage - In-Class and Online
Learn dynamic, research-based strategies and differentiated techniques for adapting your instruction and lessons to reach more students … See how two teachers can use strategies to design lessons that differentiate for learners at various levels and learning styles and maximize student participation and engagement both in-clas and online
- Provide the Most Appropriate Accommodations and Modifications In-Class and Online
Timesaving, collaborative and problem-solving techniques to provide quality accommodations and modifications … Experience numerous, doable strategies that increase learning for students with special needs
- Embed Specially Designed Instruction Within Co-Teaching
Explore examples and learn to integrate specifically tailored instructional strategies for co-teaching that will ensure students receive the specially designed instruction to achieve the goals of their individualized education program (IEP)
- Critical Conversations in the Co-Taught Classroom – Say What You Mean to Improve and Sustain Your Co-Teaching Relationship
In classrooms filled with students with a variety of learning needs, two teachers can be better than one, but only if those teachers know how to give each other feedback that will promote change and preserve their professional relationship
- Enhance In-Person and Online Instruction with the Latest Technology Tools and Apps
Learn how technology can be incorporated into each of the six co-teaching approaches through a variety of practical ways that harness the power of mobile devices to make learning more accessible for all of your students … Learn about specific, free or low-cost tools that can provide powerful differentiation in your co-taught learning environment
- Receive an Extensive Co-Teaching Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook filled with practical ideas, examples, and checklists, useful for both in-class and distance learning environments
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Up-to-date co-teaching strategies with current practices and variations to strengthen your co-taught learning environment whether you are teaching in-person or online
- Strategies that help students develop a growth mindset for learning
- Practical ways to harness the power of mobile devices to make learning more accessible for all of your students
- Tips and tools for implementing and utilizing formative assessment
- Co-teaching models and approaches that work best in different situations to maximize learning outcomes
- Essential ideas for quality collaboration and effective communication with your co-teaching partner
- Innovative ideas for incorporating students' specially designed instruction into co-taught lessons
- Must-have technology tools and apps for data collection and instruction into your co-teaching program
- Ways to make the most of two teachers in whole group instruction
- Proven strategies to better meet IEP goals in co-taught classrooms
- Surefire strategies for reaching struggling students and students with disabilities in reading and writing
- Essential tips for getting the most from flexible groups and station learning
- Powerful, visual strategies all educators need to know in the co-taught classroom
- Timesaving ideas for motivating, engaging and empowering your students in-person and online
- Helpful tools for building powerful instructional co-teaching relationships and evaluating the success of your co-teaching program
- Dozens of ready-to-implement, innovative techniques for creating a co-teaching learning environment where all students can thrive whether instruction is in-person or online
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
In our classrooms, we are all faced with the challenge of educating students who represent a wide range of academic and behavioral diversity. I started co-teaching for the first time after I realized many of the special education students in my resource classroom could truly benefit by learning from content area experts. I knew my students would learn more from a co-teaching approach. What I wasn't expecting was how much I would learn from my experience as a co-teacher. Co-teaching has broadened my own skills, made it easier to expand my teaching styles and provided my students with a richer and more effective learning experience. Collaborative teaching is by far the most effective method I have ever seen or been a part of for meeting student needs and increasing student achievement.
Through my experience as a co-teacher in elementary and secondary classrooms, as well as having worked in numerous school districts and hundreds of co-taught classrooms, I've learned what works, what pitfalls to avoid, what's practical and realistic, and what practices are ineffective and undermine the necessity to address diverse student needs. In this session, I will share tips, timesavers, creative tools, and wonderful techniques that can enhance your co-teaching experience in both in-person and remote learning environments … Whether you are new to the co-teaching practice or a veteran co-teacher looking for new ideas and renewed energy for the practice, this session is for you.
I look forward to meeting you and sharing numerous co-teaching strategies with you.
P.S. I'm hoping that you'll attend with your co-teaching partner, so you can learn what you need to take your co-teaching practice to the next level.
Who Should Attend
General Education Teachers, Special Education Staff, ESL Teachers and Other Specialists Who Currently Co-teach or Plan to Co-Teach as Part of Their Schools' Inclusive Practices.
Co-teaching teams are encouraged to attend, but not required.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Co-Teaching Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive co-teaching digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Critical components of co-teaching
- Reproducibles to help differentiate and scaffold instruction
- Multiple checklists and tools for building and evaluating your co-teaching efforts and/or readiness
- Practical brain compatible strategies, suggestions and resources to use in your co-taught in-person or virtual classroom
- Examples of specialized instructional approaches that can be utilized in co-taught in-person and online lessons
- Guidelines for implementing formative assessment and feedback
- Teacher-friendly lists and resources of specific instructional and assistive technologies
- A bibliography of materials and websites related to co-teaching
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in strengthening their co-teaching practices.
Catherine Wilson will be available for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your school(s) or district.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.