Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
CO-TEACHING THAT WORKS: Powerful Strategies to Accelerate Student Success in Today's Inclusive Classrooms
Presented by Petra Nelson
Specifically Designed for Grades K-12: General Education Teachers, Special Education Staff, ELL Teachers, and Other Specialists Who Currently Co-Teach or Plan to Co-Teach as Part of Their Schools' Inclusive Practices
- The most up-to-date approaches and best practices to strengthen your co-taught classroom – whether you are teaching in-person or online
- Dozens of practical co-teaching strategies to increase the success of students with diverse learning needs
- Highly effective co-teaching strategies that provide maximum benefits and help your students make greater gains from every co-taught lesson
- Timesaving ways to select the most appropriate co-teaching strategies to meet individual students' academic and behavioral needs
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Co-teaching has become an ever more important way to provide the necessary supports for diverse learners with special needs. At the same time, many co-teachers struggle to determine the best ways to go about supporting their students' needs using the latest co-teaching models, strategies and approaches. In this NEW live online seminar, you will learn how to identify the most appropriate co-teaching strategies to more rapidly increase student success – whether you are teaching in-person or online.
Experienced special education teacher and outstanding national presenter, Petra Nelson will share a comprehensive approach to co-teaching to help you strengthen co-teaching partnerships and accelerate student achievement. Explore practical ways to enhance collaboration, co-planning, co-instructing, and co-assessing to maximize the impact of your co-taught classroom. You will leave with dozens of practical, effective strategies and an extensive digital resource handbook to help you better meet the needs of students in your co-taught classroom – whether you are teaching at school or online.
Because co-teaching is a partnership, teaching teams are encouraged to attend.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Create Powerful Co-Teaching Partnerships
Learn the crucial components of effective co-teaching relationships … Gain practical ideas to develop powerful instructional teams that better promote student success – whether you are teaching in-person or online
- Ensure that Both Teachers are Fully Utilized
Discover the best co-teaching models to make co-teachers feel valued and useful … Maximize the instructional impact of both teachers
- Establish Effective Co-planning Strategies
Create lesson plans that incorporate co-teaching models, student supports and effective instructional strategies
- Improve Your Co-teaching Partnership to Better Support All Students
Increase the effectiveness of both co-teachers' efforts in the classroom to better meet the needs of your students with special needs … Explore a variety of highly effective co-teaching approaches and strategies
- Maintain High Expectations in Your Co-Taught Classroom
Utilize innovative ways to keep the focus on rigor and relevance in your co-taught classroom while providing more supportive instruction for students
- Embed Specially Designed Instruction into Your Co-Teaching
Explore practical specially designed instructional strategies and ideas perfect for the highly effective co-taught classroom
- Boost Student Learning and Active Involvement
Greatly Increase continual student engagement through the effective use of co-teaching anchor routines, supports and instructional strategies
- Provide the Most Appropriate Accommodations and Modifications
Timesaving, collaborative and problem-solving techniques to provide quality accommodations and modifications in your co-taught classes … Numerous, doable strategies that increase learning for students with special needs
- Discover Practical Ideas for Navigating Common Co-Teaching Issues
Creatively solve common issues surrounding co-teaching schedules, planning and parity … Explore innovative ways to address these common co-teaching issues to ensure effective instruction for your students with special needs
- Receive an Extensive Co-Teaching Digital Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook developed specifically for this seminar to help you implement all the strategies presented in your own co-taught classroom – whether you are teaching in-person or online
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Up-to-date co-teaching strategies with current practices and variations to strengthen your co-taught learning environment – whether in-person or online
- Proven ways to boost student learning and active involvement in a co-taught classroom
- Essential tips for getting the most from flexible groups, parallel and station teaching
- The best co-teaching models and approaches to maximize learning outcomes across varied, specific situations
- Ways to more successfully manage the challenges you and your co-teacher face every day
- How to vary your co-teaching instruction to go well beyond one teacher providing the majority of instruction while the other teacher is in a supportive role
- Effective ways to divide instruction responsibilities between teachers
- Proactive co-teaching strategies to increase student engagement and decrease behavior problems
- Innovative ideas for incorporating students' specially designed instruction into effective co-taught lessons
- Essential ideas for quality collaborations and effective communication with your co-teaching partner
- Practical solutions for challenges with co-planning, progress monitoring, meeting academic expectations and balancing professional roles in the co-taught classroom
- Ideas, Ideas, Ideas! Ways to find the time to co-plan, tools for evaluating the success of your co-teaching program, and how to better define roles between co-teachers
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Co-teaching is a proven strategy for ensuring the opportunity for every student to be successful. In my years as a special education teacher, I have personally witnessed the power of co-teaching to help students with special needs thrive academically and behaviorally. Co-teaching provides an approach that is powerful, evidence-based, and impactful – which is great news for our students and given the ever-increasing demands on our time and resources.
I am excited to share with you outstanding, practical ways to establish or enhance your co-taught partnership and instruction. Whether you are teaching in-person, online or in a hybrid model, I want to help you accelerate the progress of students in your co-taught classroom to maximize their success. During this unique live online seminar, my goal is to provide you with numerous strategies you can immediately incorporate into your practice. I want to share practical, timesaving ways to increase your impact on students' academic and behavioral achievement in the co-taught classroom.
The emphasis will be on effective ways of determining appropriate co-teaching models, planning for instruction, and assessing students. Actively explore evidence-based instructional co-teaching practices that will support and accelerate student learning and strengthen the impact of your co-taught instruction. Learn practical ways to increase students' engagement and responsibility for their own learning. Gain outstanding, proven strategies for accelerating the progress of your students in a co-taught setting.
Join your colleagues and me in this fast-paced day designed specifically for co-teachers. You will leave this seminar excited, refreshed, and ready to implement highly effective practices and ideas to make a marked difference in the lives of the students you serve – whether you're teaching face-to-face, online or in a hybrid model.
Petra Nelson, Ed.D.
P.S. You will leave this seminar with many practical techniques and strategies designed to help you better collaborate with your co-teaching partner and support the success of your students.
Who Should Attend
Grades K-12: General Education Teachers, Special Education Staff, ELL Teachers, and Other Specialists Who Currently Co-Teach or Plan to Co-Teach as Part of Their Schools' Inclusive Practices
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Co-Teaching Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Practical instructional strategies for implementation in co-taught settings – whether you are teaching in-person or online
- A host of co-teaching resources, including descriptions of critical co-teaching components
- Instructional strategies on differentiation in a co-taught classroom
- Tips, ideas and templates for effective co-teaching lesson planning
- Assessment ideas for effectively evaluating students, partnerships and your co-teaching program
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in best practices in co-teaching.
Petra Nelson will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own co-teaching program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.