Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Practical Strategies to Incorporate Specially Designed Instruction into Your Co-Teaching
Presented by Savanna Flakes
Specifically Designed for Grades 1-12: General Education Teachers, Special Education Staff, Department Teams, Literacy and Math Coaches, Reading Specialists, and Other Specialists Who Currently Co Teach or Plan to Co-Teach as Part of Their Schools’ Inclusive Practices
- Practical strategies for incorporating specially designed instruction into your co-taught lessons without adding hours of extra planning time
- Learn how two teachers can ensure that the specially designed instruction your special education students need can be integrated into co-taught lessons
- Acquire dozens of instantly usable strategies, innovative resources and techniques to engage and maintain students in active learning
- Dozens of ideas to strengthen your instruction and partnership in co-taught classrooms and receive an extensive resource handbook filled with classroom-ready materials and resources
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Using co-teaching to reach our diverse student population, including students with disabilities and other special needs, can be a powerful and highly effective way to help students access the general education curriculum and make progress toward reaching the increasingly high academic standards. However, as we co-teach to both general education and special needs students, we want to be sure to include in our lessons the specially designed instruction students with disabilities are required to receive.
In this strategy-packed seminar led by Savanna Flakes, you will discover practical ways to engage students with specially designed instruction to help every student meet and exceed rigorous curriculum. You will learn the most effective, cutting-edge, research-based co-teaching practices to increase student achievement. If you are searching for practical ways to maximize the instructional knowledge of the general educator and learning specialist, this unique one-day seminar will provide best practices for successful co-teaching and specially designed instructional strategies to increase student achievement.
By the end of the day, you will walk away with dozens of highly practical, effective strategies and an extensive resource handbook to help you reach your goal of reaching and teaching every student.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Practical Strategies to Embed Specially Designed Instruction Into Your Co-Teaching
Explore dozens of specially designed instructional strategies and activities that can be used in your co-taught classroom immediately … Practical ideas that work!
- Key Components of Providing Specially Designed Instruction
What is specially designed instruction and how can you be sure your students who need it are getting what works for them? Learn the key components that make it intentional and transparent
- Seamlessly Integrate High-Yield Co-Teaching Practices and Specially Designed Instructional Strategies
Discover a wealth of engaging, evidence-based co-teaching instructional practices that you will be able to use when you return to your classroom … Ideas including specific technology resources perfect for inclusive classrooms
- Make the Most of the Five Nationally Recognized Co-Teaching Models
How to use the five nationally recognized co-teaching models to deliver specially designed instruction … Increase student success by varying your approaches to co-teaching
- Numerous Tools and Resources to Strengthen Your Specially Designed Instruction
What works in successful co-teaching situations and how you can adapt to meet your students’ needs … Ideas for differentiating, using small group instruction, whole class strategies, and numerous resources you won’t want to miss!
- Boost Student Learning and Active Involvement Using Specially Designed Instruction
Dozens of strategies to greatly increase student engagement and participation in your co-taught classroom … Ideas that are ready to use immediately in your classroom
- Timesaving Assessment Strategies
How to utilize a variety of assessments to guide your specially designed instruction … Specific ways to gather student data to measure progress related to learning objectives
- Find Practical Solutions for Challenging Issues in Co-Teaching
Whether you are new to co-teaching or a veteran, new and difficult issues can arise due to students, content complexity and interpersonal differences … Discover strategies that will help you address and prevent some of these issues from getting too big to tackle
- Practical Strategies for Managing a Co-Taught Classroom
Specific strategies to manage a differentiated classroom and small groups to practice targeted skills and deepen understanding for all your students while providing specially designed instruction for students with special needs … How to make it all work!
- Receive an Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive the extensive resource handbook written specifically for this seminar to help you implement the strategies when you return to your co-taught classroom
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical strategies to identify and incorporate specially designed instruction into your co-teaching practices
- Explore dozens of ways to incorporate specially designed instructional strategies and activities that can be used immediately
- Boost student learning and active involvement using specially designed instruction
- Use simple assessment strategies to monitor students’ skill development and conceptual understanding
- Key components of providing specially designed instruction and gradual release of responsibility
- Hands-on strategies to increase teacher expertise and build your instructional toolkit to improve student achievement
- Experience numerous, practical strategies that increase learning for students with special needs
- Specific ways to gather student data to measure progress related to learning objectives
- Make the best use of five highly recognized co-teaching models to directly meet instructional and student needs
- Learn ways to maximize student participation in co-taught lessons
- Utilize a variety of assessment and instructional strategies to make students’ thinking visible to support effective co-teaching practices
- Gather tools and resources for working together to strengthen your specially designed instruction for students
- Explore creative ideas for finding time to collaborate and co-plan
- Distinguish best practices to tap the expertise of each teacher in the co-teaching partnership
- Proven strategies for helping students promote a growth mindset, build classroom community and increase student motivation to accelerate success for diverse learners
- Maximize the benefits of small groups with research-based instructional strategies
- Dynamic assessment techniques to collect rich student data and use it to adjust instruction in co-taught classrooms
- Numerous technology resources to support student engagement and promote higher-order thinking
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
The essential ingredient to success in a co-taught classroom is you! Having a repertoire of highly effective instructional strategies to match the specially designed instruction students need will make your job as a co-teacher much easier! As a co-teacher and inclusion specialist, I have witnessed the success stories of victorious co-teaching teams and students who thrive with engaging and targeted instruction. I am extremely excited to share with you many proven and research-based co-teaching practices that embed specially designed instructional strategies to accelerate student achievement!
During this unique seminar, my goal is to provide you with a rewarding professional learning experience that will help you seamlessly integrate high-yield co-teaching practices and specially designed instructional strategies and technology into your curriculum and instruction. By providing you with a wealth of engaging, evidence-based co-teaching and instructional practices, you will leave ready to have a positive impact on student achievement. Motivating reluctant learners, effective co-teaching practices, specially designed instruction, differentiated instruction and grouping, dynamic assessment, cooperative learning, and using technology effectively, are just some of the topics we will explore. You will learn hands-on strategies to increase teacher expertise and build your instructional toolkit to improve student achievement.
I extend to you a warm, personal invitation to join me in the continual learning and sharing work of ensuring student success. I pledge that you will leave this seminar with dozens of effective co-teaching practices and instructional strategies for accelerating student achievement and decreasing the achievement gap of students with special needs.
P.S. You will also receive an extensive resource handbook filled with dozens of specific instructional strategies to increase the success of your co-taught classroom. My goal is to provide you with practical strategies you can use immediately to increase student achievement in your classroom.
Who Should Attend
Educators serving Grades 1-12: General Education Teachers, Special Education Staff, Department Teams, Literacy and Math Coaches, Reading Specialists, and other specialists who currently co-teach or plan to co-teach as part of their schools’ inclusive practices
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. Included in the handbook are:
- Ideas for creating a learning environment to accelerate student achievement
- Instructional strategies on differentiation, cooperative learning and literacy development
- A list of free technology resources to help meet the needs of your classroom
- Tips for effective assessment and teaching
- And much more!
Meet and Share
This seminar provides participants a great opportunity to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in learning about how to incorporate specifically designed instruction into co-taught classrooms.
Savanna Flakes will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own co-teaching program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.