Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
101 Practical and Ready-to-Use Strategies
Specifically Designed for Classroom Teachers, Reading and Literacy Specialists, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, and Administrators Working with Students in Grades K-2
- 101 powerful, research-based strategies, ideas and activities to reinforce and extend your K-2 students’ writing skills
- Highly practical writing techniques and strategies that will help support all your students – from emergent writers to the most proficient
- Develop narrative, informational and opinion writing through clear, step-by-step support
- Use word-smart, concept-rich instruction for effective vocabulary development and content understanding
- Engaging mini-lessons, student work and an extensive writing resource handbook filled with ideas and strategies galore that you will be able use immediately
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This NEW, idea-packed seminar focuses on providing K-2 teachers with over 101 innovative, practical and ready-to-use strategies to help young learners develop the skills and inspiration they need to become capable, enthusiastic writers.
During this fast-paced day, Mary Peterson, highly experienced grades K-2 teacher and national presenter, will show you how to target exactly what will make the biggest and most dramatic impact on your students’ understanding of what it takes to become good writers.
You will leave with specific how-to steps and a wealth of ideas to make writing come alive in your classroom! This highly practical, idea-packed seminar is designed specifically for all teachers serving students in grades K-2.
You will also receive the extensive writing resource handbook Mary designed just for this seminar which is filled with everything you need to greatly enhance your writing instruction.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Over 101 Ready-to-Use Writing Strategies to Strengthen Your Writing Instruction in Grades K-2
Dozens of innovative and practical strategies to move your students from emerging to developing, successful writers … All ideas perfect for students in grades K-2!
- Accelerate the Writing Success of All Your K-2 Students
Learn classroom-proven ways to help your students acquire and apply the strategies skilled writers use to develop, strengthen and enhance their writing skills … Ideas for struggling to advanced K-2 writers
- Engage Your Students in Motivating Writing Experiences
Learn a variety of effective and efficient writing techniques that will inspire and encourage your grades K-2 students
- Develop Powerful Writing “Craft” Lessons
Take advantage of current research and new ideas for strengthening your grades K-2 students’ writing skills … Strengthen your students’ writing abilities with powerful modeled lessons
- Differentiate Writing Instruction Through Authentic Literacy Tasks
Discover ways in which thinking, listening, speaking, reading, and writing actions can be multi-level in every lesson
- Maximize Your Teaching Time During Your Writing Block
Make connections from read-alouds, shared reading books and guided reading lessons that carry over to modeled writing, shared writing and interactive writing lessons
- Collect Dozens of Innovative and Fun Publishing Ideas
Learn easy-to-use publishing ideas that will motivate your students to write and publish books and stories throughout the year … Provide students with a place to display and share their published pieces
- Use Writing Learning Centers to Scaffold Students to Independence
Discover how to create centers that flow directly from your curriculum so they are as effective as they are easy to make and manage
- Use Interactive, Modeled, Shared, and Guided Writing Strategies to Transition Students into Independent Writers
Scaffold and expose your students to writing skills through a variety of writing experiences throughout the day
- Make Best Use of Writers Workshop in the Primary Grades
Inspire and support writing from day one, even if your students “can’t” or “won’t,” with interactive writing, graphic organizers, terrific topics, expository, narrative, opinion essays, and more!
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- 101+ writing strategies and ideas to easily integrate into your current reading and writing programs
- Timesaving ideas for expanding your writing repertoire and routines that make your workload more manageable while placing greater responsibility on your students
- Encourage and support ELL, reluctant and emergent writers through interactive, modeled and scaffolded instruction
- Use story maps, webs and graphic organizers with your emergent and developing writers
- Learn new publishing ideas and creative ways to celebrate student writing
- How to develop writing fluency and comfort through tasks that require grades K-2 students to produce writing in both short and extended time frames
- Writing center ideas that flow directly from your curriculum – so they are as effective as they are easy to make and manage
- Increase your students’ content area writing through classroom-tested innovative ideas
- Conference with confidence and support all your writers from the earliest to the fluent
- Reinforce phonemic awareness and phonics skills during modeled, shared and interactive writing lessons
- Discover practical strategies for making writing fun, engaging and enriching for even your most reluctant young writers
- Learn to use your favorite authors as mentors in your writing program
- Proven strategies to help you better meet the needs of your diverse students from your struggling to advanced writers, emergent to competent
- Learn a wealth of apps and websites to enhance writing lessons and activities
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Writing in a K-2 classroom should be a joyous experience. However, far too often teachers get frustrated when trying to meet the writing needs of a very diverse population of students. Never before have primary classrooms been more demanding and student needs more diverse. How can we meet the needs of all our young writers, excite and motivate them, while providing a solid foundation for writing? This seminar has been specifically designed to address that question and provide practical answers.
In this exciting, new seminar, I will share 101+ strategies to strengthen your writing instruction and get all your students writing at their skill level and beyond. We will discuss the various forms of writing, writing center ideas to keep students actively engaged in independent writing, timesaving routines, mini-lessons, publishing ideas, and much more! You will leave with a renewed enthusiasm for teaching writing along with dozens of ideas to make it happen in your classroom.
Please join me at this seminar where you will learn classroom-tested techniques to build successful and happy writers in your grades K-2 classroom. These powerful, hands-on, minds-on activities cause young learners to write thoughtfully and creatively while integrating with the program you already have in place.
P.S. You will leave this seminar equipped with a wealth of practical, effective strategies for creating a classroom community of engaged, motivated and confident writers.
Who Should Attend
Classroom Teachers, Reading and Literacy Specialists, Special Education Staff, Title 1 Staff, and Administrators working with students in grades K-2.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Templates, tips and techniques for each writing genre: narrative, informative, opinion, and poetry
- Ideas for guiding, coaching and scaffolding students to writing independence
- Lists of apps and websites to enhance writing lessons
- Ready-to-go graphic organizers that guide students to think deeply
- Engaging, easy-to-implement activities that appeal to learners with varying learning styles and abilities
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in practical strategies to enhance their grades K-2 writing programs.
Mary Peterson will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own writing program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.