Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Guided Writing, Interactive Writing
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades 3-6: Classroom Teachers, English and Language Arts Teachers, Title I Staff, Gifted Education Teachers, and Special Needs Teachers
- Innovative ideas based on the best, current research to help your students meet the high writing standards expected of them
- Differentiated instructional strategies and tools to develop and maximize writing skills of all your grades 3-6 students
- Step-by-step guided and interactive writing lessons to strengthen your students’ independent writing
- Specific lesson plans, management techniques, publishing ideas, and an extensive resource handbook packed with practical and ready-to-use activities
This outstanding seminar is filled with practical strategies proven to increase writing skills for third through sixth grade students. You will learn step-by-step lessons to help your students successfully write sentences, paragraphs, stories, reports, and poetry. There will be organization techniques and tools to help you work smarter, not harder. Using innovative ideas distilled from classroom practice and the best, current research, Mary Peterson will share practical, easy-to-use strategies to help all your students increase performance on state writing assessments. Mary will also provide you with many tried-and-tested techniques to get your students motivated and engaged in their writing. Since there will be a large display of children’s writing samples, you may want to bring a camera. You will leave this valuable seminar with an extensive resource handbook and a wealth of ready-to-use teaching ideas that will boost the writing skills of your students.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- How to Use Guided Writing to Create Successful Writers in Grades 3-6
Step-by-step lesson plans to guide your students through the writing process . . . All based on the best, current research on writing instruction
- Incorporate Interactive Writing into Your Program
Specific techniques for enhancing your grades 3-6 students’ writing skills . . . New ways to get your students excited about writing . . . Increase the confidence of even your most reluctant writers
- Organizational Techniques to Work Smarter, Not Harder
Make your teaching of writing more manageable with classroom-proven tools and ideas including scheduling, materials and . . . Reducing your paperwork load
- Differentiated Instruction for ESL Students and Struggling Writers
Learn effective techniques to give extra guidance and support so all students can learn the skills they need for writing success
- Increase Performance on State Writing Assessments
Ready-to-use lessons to teach your students what is expected on writing assessments and how to respond to different prompts . . . Learn from a classroom teacher who has produced results with her students
- Write Across the Curriculum in Grades 3-6
Incorporate writing into all your subject areas to increase skills by writing for different purposes and audiences . . . Practical strategies for increasing writing time in your crowded teaching day
- Exciting Ways to Publish Student Work
Gather a wealth of ideas for students to share their improving writing skills . . . Review a large display of student writing samples and bookmaking techniques
- Realistic Approaches for Evaluating and Assessing Writing Growth and Abilities
Discover time-effective strategies for evaluating the writing strengths and needs of your students . . . Classroom-proven methods to help your students evaluate their own writing
- Incorporate Small Group and Individual Conferencing Techniques
Learn highly effective methods for conferencing with students to maximize their writing potential . . . Discover ways to help your students have productive peer conferencing sessions
- Incorporate the Six Traits of Writing
Innovative ideas and techniques to empower students to understand and apply the Six Traits of writing
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- How to tie together guided writing, interactive writing and independent writing to strengthen the writing skills of your grades 3-6 students
- How to use interactive writing to boost student confidence and skills
- Differentiated guided writing lessons proven in grades 3-6 classrooms to strengthen the writing skills of all students
- Highly effective strategies to help students write simple, expanded, compound, and complex sentences
- Practical approaches to integrate writing into reading instruction
- Classroom-proven strategies to teach persuasive, descriptive, narrative, and expository writing
- Step-by-step plans to teach your students how to write quality research reports
- Techniques to help your students revise and edit their own writing
- Strategies for conferencing with your students about their writing
- Classroom-proven writing workshop management techniques ideal for grades 3-6
- Innovative ideas for motivating even the most reluctant writers
- Ready-to-use word games and activities to empower students to use creative and precise vocabulary
- Highly effective methods for using writing to increase content area knowledge
- Make and take several simple yet creative published writing projects
- Practical strategies based on the best, current research on how to teach writing in grades 3-6
A Message From Your Seminar Leader, Mary Peterson
Developing a classroom of successful writers can be an overwhelming task. During this day devoted just to writing instruction, I would like to share with you many ideas and techniques that have proven to be effective over many years of teaching writing to third through sixth graders. You will receive many new, highly successful and manageable strategies to increase writing performance to meet today’s high standards.
During this day, we will focus on dozens of practical, inexpensive and easy ways to achieve writing success. We will cover organizational techniques to help us work smarter, not harder. Step-by-step guided writing lessons will be demonstrated to increase the writing performance of even those struggling and reluctant writers. You will receive a wealth of ideas on how to immerse your students in writing across the curriculum.
Most importantly, we will discuss ways to create enthused and engaged writers. Writing can and should be an exciting experience. We will be creating some highly motivating published writing projects to take back to the classroom. You will learn how to increase skills and have fun at the same time! Join me for this extremely valuable day to celebrate writing and young authors!
P.S. You will leave this seminar filled with enthusiasm and practical ideas that you will be eager to try the very next day!
Who Should Attend
Educators serving Grades 3-6: Classroom Teachers, English and Language Arts Teachers, Title I Staff, Gifted Education Teachers, and Special Needs Teachers.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook, Guided Writing, Interactive Writing and Independent Writing: Practical Strategies to Develop Competent Writers (Grades 3-6), specifically designed by Mary Peterson for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Easy-to-implement techniques to help students gather ideas, organize thoughts, strengthen word choice, revise, edit, and evaluate their writing
- A wide variety of copy-ready writing forms you can use immediately in your classrooms
- Publishing ideas with detailed instructions
- Classroom-tested guided and interactive writing lessons
- Management and organizational resources
As a participant at the seminar, you will have the opportunity to view and prepare your own materials for “ready-to-use-tomorrow” lessons. Please bring scissors, glue and 10 sheets of colored paper (8 ½ x 11). You may also want to bring a camera!
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas on writing strategies.
Mary Peterson will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your writing program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.