Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
101 Writing Mini-Lessons and Practical Strategies to Strengthen Your Students’ Writing
Presented by Diane Murphy
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades 3-6: Classroom Teachers, Special Education Teachers, Literacy Coaches, Title I Staff Members, Gifted Education Teachers, and Administrators
101 innovative, ready-to-use mini-lessons for strengthening your students’ writing skills in grades 3-6
- Strategy-specific mini-lessons that will work with all your writers – from the struggling to the fluent
- Dozens of ideas, activities and tips to motivate your students to write and to write more effectively
- Practical ideas to manage and organize your writing program
- Lessons to reinforce the writing process as well as the different forms of writing and genres
- Displays, demonstrations, student samples, and a comprehensive resource handbook filled with dozens of strategies, lessons, activities, and ideas designed just for grades 3-6 classrooms
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Join Diane Murphy for a day filled with 101 writing mini-lessons that you can use immediately! This highly practical NEW seminar has been designed for grades 3-6 educators who want to strengthen their students’ writing using strategy specific mini-lessons.
The focus of this seminar will be on providing innovative, ready-to-use lessons and strategies to help developing and fluent writers increase their skills and become more proficient and independent writers. Diane Murphy will share a wealth of ideas and techniques to help students practice and develop their writing. She will demonstrate and model lessons you can use in your classroom, complete with real student samples.
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook filled with specific lesson ideas, model materials and strategies ready to use in any grades 3-6 classroom.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
101 Outstanding Mini-Lessons and Practical Strategies to Strengthen Your Students’ Writing Skills in Grades 3-6
Help your students develop and apply the strategies good writers use to increase the quality and quantity of their writing … Enhance your writing instruction with practical mini-lessons, ideas, tips, and techniques
- Develop Strategy Specific Mini-Lessons to Meet the Needs of Your Grades 3-6 Writers
Learn how to create writing mini-lessons that will work for your developing and fluent writers … Numerous, student-proven strategies adaptable to your writing program
- Accelerate the Skills of Your Struggling and Reluctant Writers
Accelerate the writing skills of your students who have fewer language experiences to use in their own writing … Learn classroom-proven ways to work with your most reluctant writers
- Discover Innovative Prewriting Lessons
Learn a variety of prewriting lessons and activities to jumpstart your students’ daily writing … Ideas and activities that will work with all levels of writers in grades 3-6
- Use the Six-Trait Model as a Meaningful Instructional Tool
Incorporate the six traits into your writing instruction without spending hours planning … Effective and efficient ways to make the most of the six-trait model
- Practical Ideas to Manage and Organize Your Daily Writing Program
How to realistically fit in daily writing that keeps your students actively engaged in the writing process … Discover how to plan, organize and manage to make the best use of your writing time
- Using Children’s Literature to Jumpstart Student Writing
Use quality literature as mentor texts to model and develop the writing skills of your students … How to use books to motivate students to write and increase their overall writing success
- Provide Highly Effective Feedback to Improve Student Writing
Make the most of your time with highly successful strategies for providing quality individual feedback when conferencing with students … Effective ways to have students peer conference
- Help Students Meet or Exceed Writing Standards
Tools, techniques and proven strategies that enable students to significantly increase their writing skills … Ways to share expectations with students that motivate them to do their best
- Increase Your Teaching Options
Create innovative mini-lessons, writing activities and literature links that will greatly improve your students’ writing skills … You will also receive an extensive handbook filled with ideas, models and strategies to support you when you return to your classroom
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
101 highly effective mini-lessons to help grades 3-6 students develop the key skills they need for success in writing
- Numerous practical hands-on strategies, ideas and demonstrations to help you strengthen your current writing program
- Highly effective mini-lessons to meet the needs of your developing and fluent writers in grades 3-6
- Successful ways to build your students’ confidence and risk-taking in writing
- Incorporate exciting and ready-to-use activities that will increase the writing vocabulary of your students
- Dozens of “do-tomorrow” strategies that promote authentic writing experiences and increase your students’ enthusiasm for writing
- Implement language activities to accelerate your struggling writers’ skills
- Classroom-proven strategies and techniques to empower your students to write
- Ways to help students move through the writing process with more efficiency
- Incorporate links to children’s literature that will enhance the depth of your students’ writing
- Innovative prewriting activities to jumpstart student writing
- Highly practical strategies to make writing more fun, engaging and enriching for all your students
- Creative strategies to help students successfully choose their own writing topics
- Create meaningful writing prompts that will keep your students on topic
- Discover innovative ways for teaching the different forms of writing
- Practical and manageable strategies to keep students engaged in writing
- Exciting ways to integrate writing into other parts of your day
- Effectively confer with and give feedback to your students that will make a difference in the quality of their work
- Practical strategies to help your students organize their writing
- Dozens of innovative, practical tips and strategies to help your students want to write
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Teaching writing is hard work – especially when it comes to motivating grades 3-6 students to write, and helping them consistently improve the quality of their writing. Over the course of my career, there have been many exciting and effective developments in the teaching of writing. I have found teaching students using shorter mini-lessons on focused skills to be very rewarding for both teacher and students.
During this strategy-packed day, I will share with you 101 of these writing mini-lessons. You will learn ideas for guiding, coaching and scaffolding your students to become more independent writers.
Some of the topics we will cover include:
- 101 writing mini-lessons you can use in your grades 3-6 classroom
- Specific ways to use children’s literature to jumpstart your students’ writing
- Practical ideas for organizing your daily writing time
- Conferencing tips and techniques
- Easy-to-use ideas, strategies and lessons to increase your students’ success in writing
- Writing to different purposes and audiences
- Increasing the writing vocabulary of your students
Please join me for a fast-paced day filled with engaging writing lessons and activities that you can use immediately with all your students – from the struggling to the more fluent. It is my goal that you leave with all the tools you need to strengthen your writing instruction.
P.S. You will also receive an extensive resource handbook filled with ideas, strategies and resources you can use immediately!
Who Should Attend
Educators serving grades 3-6: Classroom Teachers, Special Education Teachers, Literacy Coaches, Title I Staff Members, Gifted Education Teachers, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive grades 3-6 writing resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes dozens of ideas and activities including:
easy-to-implement writing lessons
- practical ideas to motivate students to become writers
- management and organizational ideas for integrating writing throughout your day
- graphic organizers to teach writing
Meet and Share
This seminar provides an excellent opportunity to meet and share ideas with other grades 3-6 educators interested in improving their students’ writing.
Diane will be available during the seminar to answer individual questions and discuss the unique needs of your own writing program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.