Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Helping Your Struggling ENGLISH/LANGUAGE ARTS Students: Practical, Successful Strategies (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Sarah Robinson
Specifically Designed for All Middle and High School English/Language Arts (ELA) Teachers, Interventionists, Resource Specialists, Support Staff, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Instructional Aides, and Administrators
- The best, most powerful classroom tested strategies designed to increase struggling ELA students' success
- Explore numerous innovative techniques that are easy to use, ready to implement the next day, and flexible enough to meet the diverse needs of your struggling students
- Set the stage for struggling students to succeed in your class, and explore proven ways to increase students' interest and motivation
- Receive an extensive resource handbook filled with valuable strategies, resources and ready-to-use tools to implement with your students who struggle in English/Language Arts
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Tired of looking around your classroom only to see students working hard to AVOID reading? Done asking questions or providing prompts only to receive blank stares or empty pages? If you feel like you are struggling with your struggling ELA students, this day is for you!
Outstanding ELA teacher and national trainer, Sarah Robinson has spent over 20 years developing strategies to help her struggling students overcome their obstacles and is excited to share them with you. Your students will wonder why they haven't seen these highly effective and easy-to-use strategies before!
Learn practical ways to get your struggling students ACTUALLY reading and writing. Help struggling students approach and read challenging text independently, while reflecting on their progress as readers. Engage students in deep text discussions and provide a bridge to writing. Help struggling students change their mindsets, developing a culture of "I can" while building a classroom of thriving readers, writers and thinkers. And much, much more!
Join Sarah for a dynamic, enlightening and fun day of learning powerful, proven ways you can help your struggling ELA students excel and break the cycle of struggle and failure in English/Language Arts!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Support the Success of Your Struggling Grades 6-12 ELA Students
Discover the best, most powerful classroom-proven ways to help struggling students be more successful in English/Language Arts … Outstanding practical strategies specifically designed for secondary ELA teachers – no matter what courses you teach
- Motivate the Unmotivated with Highly Effective Intervention Strategies
Learn to diagnose your unmotivated ELA students and prescribe the most appropriate and effective interventions from dozens of classroom-tested strategies
- Embolden Struggling Readers to Adopt a Positive Growth Mindset
Help struggling readers drop a fixed/failure mindset and adopt a positive growth mindset … Discover strategies that enable struggling students to tackle difficult text and move from an "I can't" to a "Let's do this!" mentality
- Strengthen Struggling Students' Reading, Writing and Thinking
Explore practical strategies and techniques to help maximize gains in even the most reluctant students' reading, writing and thinking … Watch your students' confidence grow
- Move Students from Terrified and Shut Down to Thriving and Excelling
Struggling students are sometimes terrified to the point of shut down! … Learn effective strategies designed to help struggling students make significant gains in their English/Language Arts skill development and confidence
- Provide the Scaffolding that Your Struggling Students Need Most
Discover outstanding ways to scaffold and support struggling ELA students in grades 6-12 … Explore mini tasks that allow students to make continual improvements as the complexity of their work increases
- Three Keys to Incorporate into Any Lesson to Support Struggling Students
Discover how you can easily incorporate three key elements into your instruction that your struggling students need … Research-based strategies to motivate your students and accelerate their skills
- Connect with Powerful, Free and Engaging Web Resources
Gain access to dozens of free, ready-to-use resources, lessons and activities perfect for your struggling ELA students
- Capture the Growth of Students in Your ELA Classroom
Grading can be a challenge, especially with our struggling students … Explore ways to enhance and streamline your grading system specifically to capture the growth your students show in their reading and writing development
- Receive an Extensive Struggling ELA Students Resource Handbook
You will receive a comprehensive resource handbook filled with dozens of valuable resources, strategies and ready-to-use tools to implement with your students who struggle in English/Language Arts
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- The best, most powerful, classroom-tested approaches you can use to help your struggling grades 6-12 ELA students be more successful – no matter what courses you teach
- Research based, classroom-proven strategies for supporting struggling students you can easily implement in your ELA classroom the very next day
- Ways to help your struggling students adopt a positive growth mindset
- Highly effective reading activities to accelerate learning and support the skill development of struggling students
- Tools for extending and deepening student thinking, discussion, writing, and learning
- How to build a positive, proactive environment that increases struggling students' confidence and success
- Engaging skill practice strategies you can easily incorporate into any lesson at a moment's notice
- How to help students see their success and growth, and chart next steps for their learning
- Effective ways for students to self and peer reflect on reading, writing, and speaking/listening to drive greater growth
- Motivating technology tools including free web resources, lessons and activities perfect for struggling ELA students
- Questioning techniques and writing burst ideas to bolster student thinking, discussion and complex writing
- Strategies to help your struggling students overcome the obstacles that keep them from believing they can be successful in English/Language Arts
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
I know firsthand – our struggling students can be a true challenge! I have spent over 20 years teaching and coaching teachers in ELA classrooms with historically low performing students.
I am so excited to work with you on this vitally important topic. Helping struggling students has been and continues to be at the core of my heart and my passion as an ELA educator! There is no more rewarding feeling than witnessing struggling students, who told you from day one they despised reading and writing, transform to students that eagerly select books, have deep text-based discussions and write well and from their heart.
It can be done! Over the years I have gathered and developed a plethora of strategies and techniques that I am excited to share with you for helping reluctant and struggling students make a true shift in their mindsets and performance as readers and writers. I want to share the best of the best of my classroom-proven strategies with you. I want you to experience more of those tear-inducing moments in your own classroom, where your ELA students simply floor you with their insight, performance and fervor. And I want you to leave excited to go back and implement these strategies with your struggling students!
Prepare for a fast-paced day packed full of strategies that have not only proven successful in my classroom, but in the classrooms of many colleagues and teachers I have coached. With innovative lesson ideas, strategies and mindset techniques – all designed to enable your struggling students to become more independent, critically thinking, successful readers and writers, I know this is a day you will not want to miss!
P.S. Not only do I promise that you will leave with a ton of great strategies and ideas – I guarantee you will leave inspired and excited about returning to your classroom to help your struggling students find success in English/Language Arts!
Who Should Attend
Middle and High School English/Language Arts (ELA) Teachers, Interventionists, Resource Specialists, Support Staff, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Instructional Aides, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Struggling ELA Students Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Research-based, classroom-proven strategies for helping your struggling ELA students
- Lesson samples and ideas you can use in your classroom the very next day
- Dozens of resources, forms and ideas that will help you put your learning into immediate practice and provide your struggling students with accelerated support
- Helpful reproducible checklists, traits assessments, reflections, active reading cards and much more!
- Extension activities you can incorporate as your students move from struggling to succeeding!
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in practical, classroom-tested strategies to help their grades 6-12 students who struggle in English/Language Arts
Sarah Robinson will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own English/Language Arts program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.