Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Making Best Use of Google Classroom to Strengthen Your ENGLISH/LANGUAGE ARTS Instruction
Presented by Desiree Alexander
Specifically Designed for English/Language Arts (ELA) Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Department Heads, Title I Staff, Reading Specialists, and Administrators
- Dozens of practical strategies for best utilizing Google Classroom to strengthen your secondary ELA students' engagement and learning
- The best free Google and Chrome web apps for enhancing instruction in the secondary ELA classroom
- Timesaving ways to more easily manage ELA students' work in Google Classroom … Assign, collect, grade, and give feedback with just a few clicks
- Receive an extensive Google Classroom ELA resource handbook and special access to Desiree's website and Google Classroom so you can immediately link to all the resources presented in this seminar
You are welcome to bring a fully charged Chromebook or laptop with a Chrome Browser installed. It is not, however, a requirement to attend this seminar. An iPad or an Android tablet will not provide access to the full range of Google or Chrome resources covered in the seminar.
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This outstanding, NEW seminar is specially designed for secondary English/Language Arts educators who want to make more effective use of Google Classroom and a variety of free Google and web tools to enhance ELA learning. Outstanding English/Language Arts teacher and Google for Education Innovator and Trainer, Desiree Alexander, will show you how to more efficiently tap into the power of online student collaboration with Google Classroom and how to take greater advantage of the most useful aspects of G Suite for Education – specifically for grades 6-12 ELA teachers.
You will also learn how to make best use of many of the most useful Google Tools including Google Drive, Chrome, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Chrome Extensions, and much more! Desiree will share practical and timesaving strategies for streamlining everyday workflows in your ELA classroom.
Whether you are brand new to using Google Classroom or are an experienced user, you'll leave this seminar with a wealth of use-tomorrow ideas. You will also receive an extensive Google Classroom ELA resource handbook with step-by-step instructions for utilizing all the tools and apps presented in this seminar to reinforce and extend your learning after the seminar.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Learn Essential Google Classroom Practices for Enhancing Your ELA Instruction
What every grades 6-12 ELA teacher needs to know about fully tapping into Google Classroom, apps and extensions … The best, most useful aspects for strengthening your English/Language Arts instruction
- Timesaving Strategies to Boost Your Productivity AND Effectiveness as an ELA Teacher
Employ the best free Google Classroom, Chrome apps and extensions to help you save time while increasing your effectiveness … Explore timesaving strategies that streamline your workflow and enhance learning for your ELA students
- Provide Highly Valuable, Actionable Feedback Swiftly and Effortlessly
Take full advantage of timesaving online assessment tools to direct and drive your ELA instruction … Learn essential strategies to assign documents, name and submit assignments, provide feedback, grade and return assignments, and more!
- Harness the Power of Google Classroom for Online Collaboration and Communication
Discover practical ways Google Classroom can significantly enhance collaboration … Improve communication and strengthen learning among students in your grades 6-12 ELA classroom
- Incorporate Outstanding, FREE Chrome Extensions from the Chrome Web Store
Manage time more efficiently with the best free Chrome extensions for ELA … The best tools to support you and your grades 6-12 students
- Utilize the Newest Features of Google Classroom
Google is constantly releasing new features and making changes … Discover how to leverage the newest features of Google Classroom to benefit your ELA instruction and your students
- The Best Digital Tools and Tips for Enhancing Your ELA Instruction
Explore a host of digital tools and tips perfect for enhancing your ELA instruction, including warm-up, lesson presentation, independent work, group work, exit ticket, classroom video, and more!
- Timesaving Ways to Differentiate Your ELA Instruction with Google Classroom
Discover a wealth of time-efficient options for assigning class work to different subsets of students with anonymity … Enhance your ability to meet the needs of your diverse ELA learners
- Utilize the Full Potential of Google Forms in Your ELA Classroom
Explore outstanding ways fellow ELA teachers are using Google Forms beyond simple survey tools … From formative assessments and exit tickets to creating character-led journeys and data collection
- Receive an Extensive ELA-Focused Google Classroom Resource Handbook and Access to a Specially Created Google Classroom
Each participant will receive an extensive Google Classroom resource handbook that includes detailed descriptions and practical ELA classroom applications of each of the Google Tools and Apps presented … Receive access to Desiree's Google Classroom, specially created for this seminar and filled with helpful links and online tutorials
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical strategies for making the best use of Google Classroom and a variety of free Google Tools to enhance instruction in your ELA classroom
- Timesaving tips and tricks for using Google Classroom to make your life easier, both in and out of the ELA classroom
- How to find, download and install the latest Chrome extensions that are applicable to secondary ELA instruction
- Work smarter, not harder … Timesaving tips for using Google Classroom and Google Tools more efficiently
- How Google Classroom can best be used to differentiate ELA instruction with grades 6-12 students
- Advanced applications of Google Classroom to streamline your work and communicate with students and parents with ease
- What cloud-based storage is and how it can make your life easier in and out of your ELA classroom
- How to utilize Chrome profiles to access your bookmarks, information and files from anywhere
- A wealth of ways to fully engage your ELA students in productive and collaborative learning
- Valuable tips to get the most from the technology you have in your ELA classroom – even if it's just one laptop, Chromebook or tablet
- The latest updates in Google Classroom and G Suite for Education, including new and improved tools to enhance students' ELA learning
- Many additional tools perfect for ELA including the best tools and apps, ways to streamline classroom management and routines, enhancing assessments and even reading passages with Google forms, collecting work and giving feedback with ease, and much more!
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
There is nothing quite like being a secondary English/Language Arts teacher. The multitude of skills we are responsible for teaching students in our one content area is both amazing and sometimes daunting. With increasing demands on our time and all that we're responsible for, it can be challenging and even frustrating trying to keep up with the latest, best practices for enhancing our ELA instruction.
As an experienced and fellow secondary ELA teacher, I have specifically designed this seminar with you in mind! If you are fortunate enough to have Chromebooks, laptops or computers with a Google Chrome browser in your classroom or school, I know that you want to make best use of them. However, despite the array of features that are so readily available, the challenge most ELA teachers face today is in keeping up with essential ways to best use these tools to enhance our programs.
The good news is that there are tons of outstanding, FREE Chrome apps and extensions (and other web tools) available that will get your ELA students excited about coming to your class every day and will keep them engaged and on task. In my classes, students have used Google Classroom and Chromebooks or laptops with the Google Chrome browser to read/listen to articles and books, share their thoughts, write essays with citations (by keyboarding and voice typing), collaborate on projects, complete grammar assignments, watch and create instructional videos, and so much more!
I look forward to sharing the best of what works and what doesn't based on my experience using Google Classroom to enhance ELA instruction at the secondary level. I will provide you with a comprehensive list of all the apps I have used with my ELA students as well as tips and tricks to save you valuable time and effort. It is my sincere goal that you leave this seminar excited about returning to your ELA classroom to try out many of the new ideas that you learn!
I look forward to meeting you!
P.S. The emphasis will be on use-tomorrow tools, and you'll receive an extensive ELA-focused Google Classroom resource handbook and special access to my resource-packed Google Classroom to support your success.
Who Should Attend
English/Language Arts (ELA) Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Department Heads, Title I Staff, Reading Specialists, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Google Classroom ELA Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive English/Language Arts-focused Google Classroom resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Practical, timesaving strategies and ideas for integrating Google Classroom and G Suite into your ELA curriculum
- Step-by-step guides for using Google Classroom and G Suite with your students
- Descriptions and images of the latest, most effective Chrome Extensions for grades 6-12 ELA educators
- Tips and tricks for using Google Classroom, Google Drive and other resources to greatly enhance ELA instruction
- "How to" screenshots of a variety of apps and extensions
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their ELA program.
Desiree Alexander will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own English/language arts program.
Make the Best Use of Your Time
You are welcome to bring a fully charged laptop with a Chrome browser installed or Chromebook computer, but it is not a requirement to attend. An iPad or Android tablet will not provide access to the full range of Google or Chrome resources covered in this seminar. Your resource handbook and a specially created website will support your individual hands‑on exploration of the ideas and resources presented during the seminar when you return to your school.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.