Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Using VISIBLE LEARNING to Maximize Student Success (Grades K-6)
Presented by Lynn Stenroos
Specifically Designed for Grades K-6 Educators: Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Instructional Assistants, Instructional Coaches and Administrators
- The best Visible Learning strategies to strengthen the impact of your instruction and maximize student success
- Powerful high-impact strategies that considerably accelerate student learning
- Highly practical ways you can make best use of Visible Learning practices in your own teaching
- Receive an extensive Visible Learning resource handbook, filled with practical ideas, strategies and activities designed to maximize student success
Practical Ideas and Strategies
As educators we often reflect and wonder, "What specifically can I do to have the greatest impact on my students' learning?" Visible Learning, based on the extensive meta-analysis research of John Hattie, details those high leverage practices that hold the greatest power to maximize student success. In this NEW seminar, award-winning educator and national presenter, Lynn Stenroos, will dive deep beyond the research to share highly practical ways you can make best use of Visible Learning in your own instruction.
Explore proven ways to easily design and implement lessons with high leverage Visible Learning teaching practices to maximize student understanding, agency and ownership of the content. Harness the power of these research-proven, tried and true practical strategies to guide your strategic moves in delivering high impact instruction. Discover innovative strategies that will set the stage for deep student thinking, accountability and self-monitoring to propel your students' learning to new levels.
Join Lynn for a high-powered day filled with easy-to-implement, purposeful instructional practices that hold the greatest potential to impact student learning. The focus will be on highly practical ways to make best use of Visible Learning practices to maximize student success.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Maximize Student Success with Visible Learning
Visible Learning is based on John Hattie's extensive meta-analysis research about what truly works in education … Go well beyond the research and learn highly practical ways of incorporating the most impactful Visible Learning practices in your own instruction to strengthen your impact on student learning
- Implement High Leverage Visible Learning Tools
Explore high impact ways to help students develop greater agency and effectively set goals … Deepen students' understanding and increase their motivation and active engagement in the learning process
- Make Learning Visible with Powerful Reading, Writing and Thinking Strategies
Apply Visible Learning strategies specifically designed to boost student learning … Skillfully incorporate high leverage literacy tools that allow all students to more successfully demonstrate their understanding
- Bring Great Clarity to the Teaching and Learning Process
Make the most of this very high impact Visible Learning practice to help students better plan, predict, set goals, and monitor progress
- Supercharge Lessons with the Most Impactful Visible Learning Strategies
Explore essential ways to plan and facilitate powerful student learning using high impact Visible Learning methods … Gain practical approaches around student discourse, annotation, collaborative conversations, sketch-noting, and more!
- Strengthen Your Support of ALL Students
Learn practical ways to use learning intentions and success criteria to design highly effective and useful formative assessments … Better inform your instruction and deepen student learning
- Discover the Keys to Effective Feedback to Drive Strong Student Learning
Feedback is the evidence that propels student learning forward … Explore high impact Visible Learning ways to deliver written and verbal feedback to maximize student growth
- Maximize Student Success at Each Phase of the Learning Process
Discover the three stages of learning: surface, deep and transfer … Gain strategies and approaches you can specifically use to better support students at each phase of the learning process
- Help Students Pinpoint their Learning Progression to Facilitate Greater Growth
Gain high impact strategies to help students better see where they fall in the learning progression, what they know, and what they need to know and do next to make further growth
- Receive a Comprehensive Visible Learning Resource Handbook
Return to your school with an extensive resource handbook filled with high impact strategies, structures and tools to help you maximize student success using Visible Learning
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical ways to make best use of Visible Learning to maximize the success of grades K-6 students
- The latest research on instructional strategies that considerably accelerate student learning
- Lessons you can easily incorporate or adapt to more successfully reach all your diverse students
- Practical, systematic and proven approaches to strengthen student learning and understanding of content
- Ways to maximize the benefits of immediate feedback to help students more rapidly improve
- Strategies for improving clarity about the what, why and how of learning, and what constitutes success
- Classroom-proven strategies to help students grow and know where to go next in the learning process
- Growth minded language to provide a "line of sight," helping foster continuous improvement for every student in your classroom
- How to demystify student progress … Ways to help students see their current level of proficiency and what they need to know and do to facilitate further growth
- Data-driven Visible Learning instructional moves including collaborative exercises, accountable discussions, sketch-noting, and much more!
- Visible Learning practices to propel your students' learning to new heights … High leverage, highly practical, easy-to-implement strategies
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
"What specifically can I do to have the greatest impact on my students' learning?" This is a question I consistently hear in my work with teachers across the country, and one I have asked myself over the years. The good news is that I have specifically designed this seminar to answer this question and help you discover high leverage Visible Learning practices for maximizing student learning.
Based on the extensive meta-analysis research of John Hattie, Visible Learning practices are grounded in years of research with millions of students! This research captures what truly works in impacting student learning at very high levels. I want to not only share with you these powerful research-based practices, but also to go well beyond in helping you discover practical ways you can make best use of Visible Learning in your own instruction.
This seminar is based on the largest meta-analysis research ever conducted in the field of education, my personal experience as a classroom teacher in grades K-6 and upon ideas I've learned from the outstanding educators I've had the privilege to work with throughout my career. All the Visible Learning practices I share are those I have seen dramatically enhance student success in my own and in many other teachers' classrooms.
Join me for a strategy-packed day filled with classroom-tested approaches that are backed by research. I will share practical strategies you can use immediately in your instruction. Create a culture of collaboration and academic excellence. Help students take more ownership of their learning. Learn how to foster accountable talk. Structure lessons for maximal clarity and understanding. Explore ways to better support students at each phase of the learning process. Plus, we'll explore much, much more!
I can't wait to share with you highly practical ways to make best use of Visible Learning practices to maximize student success. I look forward to meeting you at the seminar!
P.S. Though all the practices I present are research-based, my focus will be on sharing highly practical ways educators can use these Visible Learning practices to maximize student success.
Who Should Attend
Grades K-6 Educators: Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Instructional Assistants, Instructional Coaches and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Visible Learning Resource Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Classroom-ready lessons and teaching ideas that will help you design and deliver high impact Visible Learning practices
- High leverage tools that allow for student discourse, collaboration and that ultimately deepen student understanding of content
- A wealth of student-centered, easy-to-implement resources and ways to organize your Visible Learning classroom
- Research-based Visible Learning instructional strategies, helpful ideas, exercises, tips, tools, and much, much more!
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in maximizing student success using high impact Visible Learning practices.
Lynn Stenroos will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.