Using PROJECT BASED Learning to Strengthen Student Learning in Content Areas
Presented by Tracy Arner
Specifically Designed for Grades 6-12 Educators: Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Technology Specialists, and Administrators
- Learn the keys to effectively using project based learning in grades 6-12 classrooms
- Step-by-step techniques to create engaging projects that fully involve your students and significantly improve their content mastery
- The best, most current websites, apps and interactive technology tools that give your students choice and voice in project based learning
- What really works! Dozens of proven strategies, tips and tools designed to maximize your students’ engagement and learning
- Receive a valuable resource handbook and an e-handbook packed with strategies, materials and models to support your immediate use of project based learning techniques you’ll receive at this seminar
Practical Ideas and Strategies
If you are searching for innovative ways to maximize your students’ learning and engagement through project based learning, this is a seminar you won’t want to miss. Whether you understand project based learning (PBL) at a very basic or more advanced level, you will receive the tools you need to engage students in rigorous projects that give them both voice and choice in mastering key secondary content.
Outstanding teacher and national presenter, Tracy Arner will share the most powerful strategies for designing and implementing stimulating projects that fully involve your students in learning. You will discover new tools and proven strategies for infusing technology into project based learning, including the best, most current apps, websites and online tools that will save you time, capture students’ enthusiasm and enable you to enhance, track and assess student learning.
Throughout the day, you will walk through each step in the process of developing effective PBL projects from start to finish. You will learn proven ways to manage projects and to set the stage for highly-effective student collaboration, critical thinking, and creation.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Discover the Keys to Effectively Using Project Based Learning
Explore the most essential components of highly effective project based learning … Learn practical ways to use this powerful teaching and learning approach
- Increase Student Engagement and Achievement
Learn innovative techniques to motivate and empower your students with project based learning … Proven ways to enhance student involvement and significantly increase student content mastery
- Tap Into Highly Effective Technology for Project Based Learning
Discover the best, most current, apps and online tools for managing, communicating, collaborating and assessing project based learning … Explore timesaving, innovative tools you and your students will love to use!
- Create Driving Questions to Guide Project based Learning
Every good project has a clear, thought-provoking question that guides student learning … Discover proven ways to create driving questions that will engage your students throughout the learning process
- Give Your Students Important Voice and Choice
See why projects that give students choice and opportunities to be actively engaged lead to higher levels of learning … Tips, tools and proven ways to fully immerse every student in project based learning
- Enable Your Students to Learn the Critical Skills They Need
Discover the keys to maximizing curriculum mastery and building strong 21st century skills in your grades 6-12 students
- Unleash the Power of Social Media to Enhance Student Projects
Discover the newest, most innovative ways to use social networking for educational purposes … Acquire outstanding resources that both you and your students can use to enhance learning
- Doable, Time-Efficient Ways to Give Feedback and Allow for Revision
See multiple ways to give and receive real-time, useful, formative feedback that keeps students on track and promotes necessary revision … Free up your time to focus on teachable moments and student needs
- Discover the Latest Tools for Presenting to an Authentic Audience
Tired of seeing the same old presentations? Explore creative, effective ways for your students to share their project outcomes and demonstrate content mastery
- Receive an Extensive Resource Handbook and e-Handbook
Each participant will receive a valuable resource handbook and access to an online e-handbook filled with practical ideas, apps, websites, and proven strategies for creating, managing and assessing outstanding projects to enhance student learning
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- A clear understanding of what is encompassed in project based learning
- The most innovative ideas in project based learning that are shaping the future of education
- The key components to effectively use project based learning in your own secondary classroom
- Step-by-step techniques to create engaging projects that enhance student learning
- The most effective websites, apps and online tools to get started with project based learning
- How to use actual demonstrations of students involved in project based learning to motivate your own students
- The best tools to help students manage timelines, benchmarks and planning for their projects
- Proven tools and methods to create driving questions that will guide project based learning
- Strategies, tips and techniques to give students the voice and choice they need to succeed with their projects
- The keys to ensure that projects focus on your curriculum
- Simple ways to infuse technology in out-of-the-box ways for project based learning
- The newest, most innovative ways to use social networking for project based learning
- Multiple techniques to give and receive real-time formative feedback to keep students on track with their projects
- Creative, new ways for your students to share their project outcomes and demonstrate content mastery
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
My interest in using technology with project based learning in the classroom began several years ago when, like so many of us, I wanted to provide more real-world experiences for my students. It’s my pleasure to share with you what I have learned about implementing project based learning in timesaving ways and to help you get started using this very valuable technique that boosts students’ motivation and achievement.
As I became more familiar with the power of project based learning and how to efficiently implement it, I realized that technology is the essential component to engage students in authentic learning experiences and increase their motivation to learn. I discovered so many tools that helped me reach my students, including English language learners and at-risk students, in new and exciting ways. However, I soon found my biggest challenge was organizing all the valuable things I was learning and the tools I was finding.
In our day together, I will offer you the newest resources and strategies for implementing project based learning and simple ways to keep them organized for best practice in your own classroom. Please join me as I share realistic tips, useful suggestions, creative tools, and easy-to-use techniques that will help you incorporate exciting project based learning options for your students.
The day will be individualized enough that you will receive specific ideas you can use in your content area and with the unique students you serve. Although the seminar will be fast-paced, we will go step by step to make sure your questions are answered. You will leave excited, stimulated from laughing and invigorated by the innovative, new ideas you will learn. I know you will find our day useful, enjoyable and fun!
I look forward to sharing dozens of project based learning tools and ideas that you can take back to your classroom and easily implement to fully involve your students and significantly enhance their learning.
P.S. I promise to provide you with the best, practical strategies and realistic techniques to implement project based learning in your own classroom while we have fun learning together!
Who Should Attend
Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Technology Specialists, and Administrators serving students in Grades 6-12.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a comprehensive hard copy handbook and access to Tracy ’s e-handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbooks include:
- Descriptions of the newest and most effective strategies to use project based learning in secondary classrooms
- Models and examples of student projects using the latest educational technology
- Links to demonstrations and “how to” videos for teachers and students
- Where to find the best apps, websites and online resources to support project based learning
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other secondary educators interested in using project based learning with their students.
Tracy Arner will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.