Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Beyond Basic Differentiated Instruction:
Practical Strategies for More Effectively Using Differentiated Instruction to Enhance the Academic Success of Your Students
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Gifted Education Teachers, Special Education Staff, ESL Teachers and Administrators
- Innovative, advanced differentiated teaching strategies designed to increase the academic success of your students
- Dozens of practical ways to take your use of differentiated instruction to the next level
- Specific techniques for achieving greater success with differentiated instruction to enhance content instruction
- How to more effectively tier content assignments for the various reading levels of your students
- Receive an extensive differentiated instruction resource handbook to support immediate implementation in your classroom
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you looking for more advanced strategies to enhance your current use of differentiated instruction in the classroom? Are you ready to move beyond the basics of differentiated instruction to more advanced strategies and techniques? If you have been incorporating differentiated teaching strategies into your instructional repertoire and are looking for new, fresh and advanced ideas, this seminar is designed for you.
In this seminar, David Vawter will present a wealth of innovative, advanced ideas to help you strengthen and refine your use of differentiated instruction in the secondary classroom.
David has worked with thousands of teachers across North America helping them develop and improve the use of differentiated instruction with the goal of increasing the academic progress of all students.
David will present in-depth strategies for each of the major tenets of differentiation. You will learn how to apply advanced strategies for characteristics of student readiness, interest and learning preference as well as advanced ideas for differentiating curriculum through content, process and product.
You’ll leave this outstanding seminar with innovative and practical ways to enhance your teaching effectiveness in your secondary classroom, helping the students you teach every day experience greater academic success.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Enhance Your Current Use of Differentiated Instruction in the Secondary Classroom
Learn highly effective ways to maximize your use of differentiated instruction with secondary-level students with the goal of increasing academic success
- Deepen Your Understanding and Use of Tiered Assignments
Gain a greater understanding of how you can tier a lesson in many different ways to provide appropriate challenge for every student
- Learn Advanced Ways to Differentiate for Process, Product and Content
Learn new and innovative ways to provide greater options for student learning in the secondary classroom
- Increase Student Understanding of Content Reading Material
Acquire multiple reading strategies for increasing student comprehension as well as motivation for reading of content reading materials
- Take Differentiated Instruction to the Next Level
Discover new and innovative ways to organize, manage and maximize the effectiveness of differentiated instruction with students in grades 6-12
- Learn How Backwards Design and Learning by Design Can Enhance Differentiated Instruction
Learn firsthand tips for utilizing Backwards Design and Learning by Design in ways that will enhance your planning of differentiated lessons
- Utilize Differentiated Instruction to More Effectively Meet Diverse Student Needs and Preferences
Discover advanced ways to design lessons that provide appropriate challenge and maximum interest for all of the students in your secondary classroom
- Use Essential Questions and Enduring Learnings to Enhance Differentiated Content Lessons
Learn highly effective strategies that can be used to strengthen almost any content lesson
- Experience “Hands-On” Differentiated Lesson Planning in Your Own Content Area
Come prepared for the opportunity to refine the use of an existing differentiated lesson in your content area or plan a new one … All participants are encouraged to bring current course materials, curriculum guides and objectives to support involvement in this activity
- Receive an Extensive Differentiated Instruction Resource Handbook for the Secondary Classroom
Each participant will receive an extensive handbook filled with practical teaching strategies, lesson models and more to help you make greater use of differentiated instruction in your own classroom
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Advanced differentiated instruction techniques for the secondary-level classroom
- How to write effective essential questions and enduring learnings and apply them in tiered lessons
- How to use double and triple-entry journals to enhance reading and discussions
- Practical ways to use cubing to differentiate both process and product
- Ways to use Directed Reading and PMI to increase student motivation to read in any content area
- Outstanding ways to enhance and extend your use of differentiated instruction in your classroom
- How to use Jigsaw II reading strategies to honor different reading abilities and speeds
- Ways to more effectively manage a differentiated classroom
- Innovative techniques to foster academically centered classrooms that provide appropriate challenge for each student
- Planning tips for creating more effective differentiated lessons
- How Backwards Design and Understanding by Design can be used to enhance your use of differentiated instruction
- Experience “hands-on” planning of a differentiated lesson for your classroom … Or refine your use of an existing lesson
- Suggestions for flexible grouping and effective cooperative learning strategies to strengthen differentiated instruction in middle and high school classrooms
- How to take differentiated instruction to the next level … Tips for refining and enhancing your use of differentiated instruction for enhancing all of your students’ academic success
- Innovative ways to improve test scores through sophisticated readiness strategies
A Message From Your Seminar Leader, David Vawter
I would like to invite you to this seminar featuring advanced differentiated techniques. For many years I have been helping teachers learn the basics of differentiated instruction. There are now many teachers who have a solid foundation in teaching to enhance student learning and this seminar has been designed to help those who have a beginning knowledge of differentiation learn more and go deeper. If you are a teacher who wants to take what you already know and learn more so that you can help your students achieve, then this seminar is created for you. I designed this seminar to be of practical value combining the concepts of differentiated instruction and what we have learned about the best practice in teaching.
This seminar will present dozens of ideas and strategies that can be included in the next class you teach. These will include:
- Double and triple-entry journals to tier reading assignments
- Directed Reading, JigSaw II and PMI strategies to include student interest and motivate to read
- Powerful techniques to tier lessons along the full spectrum of complexity
- The newest and most useful ideas in teaching with and to the adolescent brain
- How to use cubing to create interest in learning
- Advanced assessment techniques to adequately judge student learning
- Student learning preferences to tier lessons to increase student engagement
- Backwards Design, Universal Design for Learning and Essential Questions to enhance enduring learnings
- Advanced ways to differentiate for both process and product
We all know students who have been lost because their schools did not meet their differentiated needs. It is my goal, in this seminar, to help you more effectively meet the needs of ALL your students so that they will have a greater chance at success.
I look forward to spending the day with you and learning together.
David H. Vawter
P.S. The ideas that I will share with you are classroom-tested, student-approved and research-based. It is my pledge that you will receive a wealth of practical ideas you’ll be able to use immediately to take differentiated instruction to the next level.
Who Should Attend
This seminar is most appropriate for educators serving grades 6-12 who already have a basic understanding of differentiated instruction: Classroom Teachers, Special Education Teachers, ESL Teachers, Gifted Education Teachers, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook on Differentiated Instruction in the Secondary Classroom
Each participant will receive a copy of BEYOND BASIC DIFFERENTIATED INSTRUCTION: Practical Strategies for More Effectively Using Differentiated Instruction to Enhance the Academic Success of Your Students (Grades 6-12), the extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. Included in the handbook are complete descriptions of numerous differentiated teaching strategies, lesson examples and brain-compatible teaching tips for the secondary classroom, resource lists, and more.
Experience “Hands-On” Differentiated Lesson Planning In Your Own Content Area
Come prepared for the opportunity to refine the use of an existing differentiated lesson in your content area or plan a new one. All participants are asked to bring current course materials, curriculum guides and objectives to support involvement in this activity.
Meet and Share
This seminar provides participants a great opportunity to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in taking differentiated instruction to the next level.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.