Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Differentiating Instruction in the K-6 Classroom:
Specifically Designed for Educators Working with Students in Grades K-6:
- Practical, easy-to-use differentiated teaching strategies and activities that will allow all your students, from the struggling to high achieving, to be more successful and motivated learners in your classroom
- Effective ways to differentiate your reading and writing instruction to meet the wide range of student needs in your classroom
- How to make the best use of scaffolding, questioning strategies, tiered activities, thinking skills, anchor activities, and dozens of other proven techniques to differentiate instruction in your K-6 classroom
- Quick and easy assessments to help you plan more effectively and efficiently
- An extensive resource handbook filled with a wealth of ideas, strategies and activities that you can immediately implement in your own K-6 classroom
Practical Ideas and Strategies
What does differentiation look like in the K-6 classroom? This outstanding NEW seminar, designed specifically for teachers working with students in grades K-6, will give you the answers! Nationally known presenter and current classroom teacher Deborah Allen Wirth will share her passion for working with young students utilizing classroom-tested differentiated instructional strategies perfect for grades K-6.
In this seminar, Deborah will provide you with a wealth of practical ideas to help you implement differentiated strategies and activities to enable all your students to be more successful in your classroom. The ideas will work with the wide range of learners in your classroom, from the struggling to the high achieving. She will share classroom-proven ways to stimulate learning while providing opportunities for students to be the best they can be. Renew your enthusiasm and join Deborah for a fun day packed with ideas and strategies that can be used in your classroom immediately!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Increase Student Learning with Practical and Easy-to-Use Strategies to Differentiate Your Instruction
Discover numerous classroom-proven strategies to differentiate your instruction in order to maximize learning and increase motivation in all your students, including the struggling and high achieving … Ideas you can use immediately in all content areas
- Broaden Your Repertoire of Differentiated Strategies Designed Just for K-6 Students
Explore dozens of ways to increase comprehension and retention that will work with struggling to gifted learners … Powerful strategies to adapt content, process and product to increase your results with students
- Practical Strategies to Differentiate Reading and Writing Instruction
Highly practical, differentiated strategies to accelerate your struggling readers’ skills while still supporting the rest of your class … Ways to differentiate writing activities without spending hours planning
- Effectively Implement Flexible Grouping
Learn how to effectively form groups and design activities based on readiness, learning styles, interests, and choice … Ideas you won’t want to miss
- Accelerate and Adapt Math, Science and Social Studies Instruction
Learn how to turn the variety of levels of prior knowledge into an asset so that all students can achieve maximum progress depending on where they are … How to effectively use curriculum compacting at the K-6 level
- Dozens of Timesaving Activities and Techniques
Learn innovative ways to use choice, tiered lessons, quick and easy assessments, and many more strategies to make the most of your time and energy … Ideas that can be used across the curriculum
- Effectively Use Assessment to Meet Your Students’ Needs
How to use preassessment and ongoing assessment to adjust and target your instruction … Assess students’ readiness quickly and easily
- Using Children’s Literature in Your Differentiated Classroom
A list of favorites that you won’t want to miss to use with your students … Ways to support your curriculum with outstanding titles
- Increase Student Motivation and Involvement in Your Classroom
Discover ways to create an environment in which your students will thrive, regardless of their ability level … Tips for creating a safe and caring classroom that is challenging for all your students
- Understand the Learning Styles and Intelligences of You and Your Students
Assess and understand learning styles and intelligences to help students understand how they learn best in order to become more independent learners … Plan instruction to reflect the needs of you and your students
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Meet the needs of your K-6 students with practical and doable differentiated strategies designed just for K-6 students
- Utilize time more efficiently and cut out repetitious learning to increase time for learning new skills
- Discover new strategies for engaging students at their readiness level and tapping into their interests
- How to tier a center easily and effectively
- Design activities that meet the full range of learning needs in your classroom
- Effective questioning techniques to get your students thinking and involved
- Learn and employ new ways to get to know all of your students to better meet their needs in the classroom
- Ways to easily provide more choices for student learning while increasing their motivation
- How to adapt content, process and product for students of different readiness and ability levels
- Ideas for extending the curriculum
- How to effectively meet the needs of the “resident expert” in your classroom
- Increase the involvement, motivation and interest of all your students
- Creative ways to develop learning opportunities based on learning styles
- Learn how to compact the curriculum and use the gift of time
- See how easy it is to find out what students know and can do and adjust the curriculum to meet their needs
- Fun and meaningful ways to use children’s literature
- Ideas to differentiate instruction so accelerated learners will continue to be challenged and involved
- Ready-to-use ways to assess students’ readiness quickly and easily
- Guide your students to be self-managed so you can successfully differentiate instruction in your K-6 classroom
A Message From Your Seminar Leader, Deborah Allen Wirth
Have you ever walked into your classroom and wondered how students of the same age could be so different? I certainly have. I’ve also wondered how I, as their teacher, could meet their needs and make sure every student was learning all he or she possibly could. By looking at numerous differentiation strategies, I will share with you some shortcuts and tips that can make your planning easier as well as make learning more engaging and exciting for both you and your students.
As teachers, we work hard to provide engaging, respectful work that will challenge students at all levels of learning. Differentiated instruction does just that! All of the strategies I will share with you have been tried in real classrooms with real students. The ideas are tested and practical. My goal is to give you ideas and activities you can use the next day in your classroom. We will look at differentiation strategies and how you can adapt them to fit your curriculum.
I’d love to have you join me to talk about ideas for using differentiation strategies with young learners. I look forward to spending time with you so we can learn, share, discuss, and celebrate the diverse students we serve.
Deborah Allen Wirth
P.S. You will receive an extensive resource handbook written specifically for this seminar. It is filled with all the strategies and ideas we discuss during our day together.
Who Should Attend
Educators working with students in grades K-6: Classroom Teachers, Title I Staff, Gifted Teachers, ESL Teachers, Curriculum and Instructional Coordinators, Instructional Aides, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive the extensive resource handbook, Differentiating Instruction in the K-6 Classroom: Practical Strategies that Work!, specifically designed for this seminar with every single example applicable to K-6 classrooms. Included in the handbook are:
- preassessment strategies
- practical ideas for stretching students’ thinking
- clear, usable suggestions for increasing learning
- a bibliography of favorite books
- resources that are easy for educators to access
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other teachers of grades K-6.
Deborah Allen Wirth will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions about differentiation in the K-6 classroom.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.