Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Using Differentiated Instruction in the Secondary Classroom:
Practical and Realistic Strategies to Use With the Whole Class
Specifically Designed for Secondary Teachers Serving Grades 6 12: Classroom Teachers, Gifted Education Teachers, Special Education Staff, and Administrators
Strengthen instruction with highly practical differentiation strategies and activities designed for use in whole class settings in grades 6-12
- Raise the academic achievement of your secondary students with engaging differentiated strategies and activities while keeping prep time to a minimum
- Increase the success of each student – from the struggling student to the high achieving – with differentiated activities conducted within the whole class framework
- Incorporate proven differentiated strategies that can be used with beginning through advanced levels on traditional or extended–period schedules
- Receive an extensive resource handbook filled with practical ideas, projects, paired and group activities, games, and assessment tools all designed to make differentiated instruction work for you and your students
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This seminar is designed to provide highly practical and ready‑to‑use strategies and activities to secondary educators who want to create a successful learning environment for all students through differentiation of instruction. The focus will be on using these differentiated teaching strategies in whole group settings while keeping prep time to a minimum.
Louis Mangione, one of the nation’s foremost experts on instruction at the secondary level, will provide powerful differentiation teaching strategies and activities that will challenge, motivate and engage your students with diverse skills and backgrounds.
Numerous examples of how advanced techniques of differentiated instruction can be incorporated into the various disciplines will be modeled throughout the day. Participants will experience how personalized instruction can be implemented in whole class scenarios. Participants will also discover how student collaboration and choice can elicit creativity and excellence from all students, from the gifted and talented to the students with learning disabilities.
You’ll leave this seminar with a wealth of practical ideas, increased confidence in meeting the needs of all your students in a whole class setting and a valuable resource handbook filled with ready‑to‑use materials and activities. If you are looking for ways to use differentiated instruction at the secondary level, this is a seminar that you do not want to miss.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
Learn From an Outstanding Secondary Teacher
As an experienced secondary teacher, Louis has developed dozens of highly practical ideas and activities for differentiating instruction to improve the achievement and participation of all students … Discover from a master teacher how to provide differentiated instruction while keeping planning and implementation time to a minimum
- Acquire Timesaving Management Tips for Using Differentiated Instruction in Grades 6‑12
Learn classroom‑proven, timesaving techniques for using differentiated instruction with a whole class … Management and organizational strategies that will allow you to incorporate differentiated instruction effectively and efficiently into your existing whole group structure
- Use Flexible Grouping Strategies to Enhance Whole Group Instruction
Learn a wide variety of valuable grouping techniques to complement whole class instruction … Increase your teaching effectiveness and create a safe and engaging learning environment with these outstanding differentiated instructional methods
- Incorporate Powerful Strategies to Differentiate Your Instruction with the Whole Class
Provide scaffolding for understanding and competency with innovative, active and brain‑friendly techniques that match the diverse learning needs of your students … Proven ways to help your struggling students access course content concepts
- Create a Differentiated Learning Environment that Stimulates Achievement and Motivation
Promote effective learning through the multiple intelligences in your whole class instruction … Discover ready‑to‑use ways to include music, art, imagery, and kinesthetic activity to enhance learning
- Extend and Enrich Your Existing Curriculum
Learn classroom‑proven ways to adapt your curriculum to differentiate for a mixed‑ability classroom, thereby creating more success for all your students … Practical tips for making your content more meaningful
- Meet the Needs of Your Students Who are Struggling, Those Who Have Learning Disabilities or Those Who are Just Plain Reluctant Learners
Apply the latest brain research on learning with a myriad of ready‑to‑use ideas to make learning easier for students with special needs … Increase proficiency and achievement with motivating kinesthetic activities, innovative paired and group activities and instructive games
- Provide Appropriate Challenge for Each Student – from the Struggling Student to the High Achiever
Learn effective methods for modifying instruction and offering choice on student assignments so that every student experiences appropriate challenge and eventual success … Tips for establishing high expectations for all students in grades 6‑12
- Incorporate Innovative Techniques to Support, Assess and Reinforce Student Learning
Discover a wealth of classroom‑ready assessment methods and follow‑up activities for monitoring the progress of your students … Experience highly effective ways to use multi‑modal instruction in order to prepare all students to choose and chart their own path to success in the classroom
- Receive an Extensive Resource Handbook Focused on Differentiated Instruction in a Whole Class Setting
Each participant will receive a detailed resource handbook packed with copy‑ready material specifically designed for this seminar … Dozens of practical ideas, information and activities for differentiating instruction that you can implement immediately in your own classroom
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
Highly practical differentiated teaching strategies designed for use in whole group settings to increase academic success for all your students
- Proven ideas for differentiating instruction that build on prior content knowledge and promote increased understanding of content instruction
- Valuable tips for using differentiated teaching strategies to engage even your most reluctant learners
- Innovative ways to modify your lessons and assignments to account for diverse levels of students’ readiness, interests and learning styles
- Successful techniques for using paired, small group and mixer formats to foster communication, collaboration and peer teaching
- Challenging and motivating activities for your reluctant learners as well as your high achievers
- Innovative, active and brain‑friendly techniques that match a variety of learning needs and strengths
- Strategies for providing choice and grouping to enhance learning
- Easy ways to appeal to multiple intelligences through art, music, imagery, and kinesthetic activities
- Proven ways to implement authentic assessment through motivating, personalized projects, rubrics and tiered assignments
- How to use games and kinesthetic activities as effective teaching tools, powerful review activities or informal assessments
- Classroom‑proven procedures to enhance learning for students who are struggling or students with learning disabilities
- Cooperative and collaborative activities that will work in every classroom
- Dynamic classroom‑proven strategies, based on current learning and brain research that meet the needs of diverse learners
- Practical, interactive, multi‑modal learning strategies based on multiple intelligences to motivate students to achieve high academic standards
- Effective ways to implement the latest brain research by using practical strategies to increase the body/mind connection and enhance retention and understanding of content
- Fun, easy ways to create a low‑stress, confidence‑building, yet challenging environment for students
- An actual “how‑to” clinic that allows teachers to immediately adapt strategies to existing curriculum
- Ideas, ideas, ideas that work for differentiating instruction in a whole class environment
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Differentiated Instruction is an educational catch phrase that has received a great deal of attention over the last few years, and, because it is widely misunderstood, it can cause a considerable amount of stress at its utterance. In order to successfully implement this instructional approach, we must explore the key principles of differentiated instruction – what it is and what it is not.
The goal of this seminar is to demonstrate how differentiated instruction can be applied in a whole class setting. The focus will be on instruction that challenges students with diverse learning needs to achieve high levels of competency in the secondary classroom.
As secondary classrooms become increasingly diverse, we are challenged to meet the students where they are, provide greater support for those who need it, while providing challenges for those who seem ready to accelerate their learning. What seems at times a daunting task can also be viewed as an opportunity to renew and revitalize the ways in which we teach.
This seminar will focus on innovative instruction that ignites the imagination, reaches for high levels of competency, promotes collaboration, offers choice and flexibility, focuses on problem solving and higher‑order thinking, and challenges students to take responsibility for their own learning as well as the learning of those around them.
In order to teach successfully in a cognitively diverse classroom, our instructional approach must be just as diverse. In order to encourage students to demonstrate competency and understanding in individual, creative and unique ways, we must model the possibilities through our teaching.
I am confident that this seminar will not only provide you with practical ideas and methods to successfully differentiate instruction in a whole group setting, but will also instill a renewed sense of the powerful potential of the teaching profession.
P.S. You will leave with an extended repertoire of dynamic and proven instructional strategies that can be easily incorporated into your existing curriculum. Come prepared to move, interact, learn, and discover the incredible potential that differentiation can create in your classroom.
Who Should Attend
Secondary Teachers Serving Grades 6‑12: Classroom Teachers, Gifted Education Teachers, Special Education Staff, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive resource handbook, Using DIFFERENTIATED INSTRUCTION in the Secondary Classroom: Practical and Realistic Strategies to use With the Whole Class (Grades 6‑12), specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
Differentiated instructional strategies and activities to successfully engage secondary students
- Specific ideas and techniques to accelerate learning for all students
- Examples of innovative lessons in various disciplines
- Teaching tips for incorporating brain‑compatible learning
- Examples of assessment tools adaptable to your own curriculum
- Materials and resources to enhance your instructional program
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a great opportunity for participants to meet and share with other educators interested in increasing the success of each student with differentiated activities conducted within the whole class framework.
Louis Mangione will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own classroom program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.