Timesaving Work Stations to Help Your Students Achieve and Exceed Your State Standards for Language Arts
Presented by Sue Brady
Specifically Designed for Educators Working with Students in Grades K-2: Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Literacy Coaches, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, and Administrators
- Practical, timesaving ideas for planning, organizing and managing highly effective literacy work stations to help students in grades K-2 achieve or exceed your state standards for language arts
- Innovative strategies to align your literacy work stations to state standards for reading and writing
- Dozens of new ideas for work stations that are easy to prepare, use low-cost or no-cost materials and save classroom space
- Utilize standards-focused literacy work stations to strengthen your students’ reading and writing skills while you work with small, flexible groups in grades K-2
- Maximize the effectiveness of literacy work stations to promote increased student engagement and reduce off-task behaviors
- Literacy work station displays, books, student samples, and a comprehensive resource handbook filled with dozens of practical ideas, strategies and activities that will support you in incorporating literacy work stations into grades K-2 classrooms while meeting your rigorous state standards
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This NEWseminar is designed for educators working with students in grades K-2 who are interested in highly effective ways to incorporate state standards into the literacy work stations in their classrooms. Outstanding primary teacher, literacy specialist and national presenter, Sue Brady, will provide you with practical, engaging ideas that will align your literacy work station activities with your state standards.
You’ll learn proven ways to incorporate foundational literacy skills, writing strategies, informational text activities, vocabulary strategies, and much more into your literacy stations. Using the current, best research, combined with her many years of experience working with primary students, Sue will provide you with ready-to-use ideas, methods and activities to help your students achieve and exceed state standards for literacy. Most importantly, all of the strategies and work station ideas are easily adaptable to what you currently have in place and require minimal preparation time and materials!
Sue will present dozens of classroom-proven activities and strategies you can use in standards-aligned work stations. The focus of the day will be on practical strategies that result in increased literacy achievement for each student.
You will leave this seminar with dozens of work station activities that will engage and motivate even your most reluctant students. Sue will show you how you can make your lesson and work station activities more effective without workbooks and worksheets and the best part is that they can be implemented as soon as you return to your classroom!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Align Your Literacy Work Stations to Help Students Achieve or Exceed Your State Standards for Language Arts in Grades K-2
Implement the most effective reading and writing strategies aligned with state standardsinto your literacy work stations … Boost your students’ reading and writing skills with standards-aligned literacy work stations
- Utilize Timesaving Tips and Procedures to More Efficiently Manage and Organize Literacy Work Stations in Grades K-2
Discover timesaving tips and techniques that maximize even the most limited space using inexpensive, easy-to-make materials that will involve and excite your students … Reduce interruptions to your small group lessons at the same time!
- Use What You Already Have in the Space You Have
No need to reinvent everything you do … Find out how you can use the materials you currently have in the space you have … Managing and organizing work stations for the greatest impact
- Incorporate Informational Text into Your Grades K-2 Literacy Work Stations
Learn classroom-proven ways to incorporate informational and nonfiction text into your literacy work stations to increase your students’ achievement and meet your state standards
- Discover the Best Fiction and Nonfiction Books to Support Your State Standards for Language Arts
Incorporate innovative ways for using quality fiction and nonfiction titles that connect to state standards … Receive an extensive bibliography of titles perfect for your literacy work stations
- Strengthen Your Repertoire of Phonemic Awareness Work Station Activities that Align with Your State Standards
Make the most of your students’ work station time … Use research-based strategies to teach phonemic awareness so students can be prepared to achieve or exceed state standards
- Accelerate Students’ Writing Skills: Increase Opportunities to Achieve and Exceed State Standards for Writing in Grades K-2
Discover a wealth of work station activities and strategies to help students gain mastery of the skills and applications specified in your state standards
- Learn the Key Differences Between Centers and Work Stations and Why it Matters
Literacy centers are not the same as work stations … Discover why work stations are ideal for young learners and how to make the change so students get the most out of each station
- “Meet Your State Standards’ Expectations for Phonics and Vocabulary
Learn innovative hands-on phonics and vocabulary work station activities to boost your students’ achievement and maintain the rigorous expectations identified in your state standards
- Differentiate Literacy Work Station Activities to Better Meet Student Needs in Grades K-2
Meet the diverse learning needs and readiness levels of your students through the use of innovative work station activities and strategies that provide the appropriate level of challenge for each student
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical, timesaving ideas to align your literacy work station activities with your grades K-2 state standards for language arts
- Engaging, interactive websites you can use immediately to increase student success in achieving your state standards for reading and writing
- Practical, effective techniques to maximize comprehension skills to achieve your state standards’requirements
- Differentiated learning strategies to support your struggling readers and challenge your advanced students in grades K-2
- Creative, hands-on literacy strengthening manipulatives for your literacy work stations that are inexpensive or free to make
- Practical activities and techniques to supplement and expand your existing work stations to better support your state standards
- Innovative ways to engage your students in literacy work stations that reinforce reading and writing state standards
- Unique methods to incorporate literacy work stations to reinforce concepts and practice phonemic awareness, phonics skills, writing skills, vocabulary, and more
- Proven ways to teach students to use work stations responsibly and work cooperatively
- How to maximize the existing space of your work stations and creatively utilize inexpensive materials
- Engaging ways to incorporate the best fiction and nonfiction literature into your literacy work stations
- Strategies to develop student responsibility, problem-solving and cooperation skills through effective work station guidelines
- High-quality literacy station ideas that will motivate students and strengthen their achievement in reading and writing
- Practical strategies to help all of your students develop the skills required in your state standards for language arts
- Proven ways to balance literacy work stations with informational and nonfiction reading tasks
- Practical, ready-to-use strategies and materials to use text features and structures as outlined in your state standards
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As an experienced reading specialist and literacy consultant, I have worked with numerous students from kindergarten through second grade and have met with dedicated teachers just like you every year. Many of our conversations have centered on ways to move away from of drill and kill worksheets while providing hands-on, meaningful activities that are engaging and challenging!
An effective way to incorporate these types of activities along with language arts state standards is through the use of meaningful literacy work stations. When designed and used effectively, literacy work stations can help build critical foundational reading and writing skills, as well as the higher-order thinking skills that will help our students achieve academic excellence!
If you are searching for practical, research-based activities using free or low-cost materials in standards-aligned literacy work stations, please join me at this seminar. I promise a day full of fun, enthusiasm and ideas, ideas, ideas! I will share timesaving ideas for both small group and independent work stations that are not only engaging, but will help increase the literacy achievement for each student! I will show you how to teach smarter, not harder, and how to easily incorporate more active learning into your academic day while decreasing your preparation time!
I promise that whether you are a brand new teacher or a veteran teacher, there is something here for you! I have designed this seminar along with an extensive resource handbook to help you incorporate standards-aligned work stations into your classroom while achieving your state standards at the same time.
Please join me for a fast-paced day and be ready to leave the seminar energized and prepared to incorporate these new ideas into your literacy work stations. I look forward to meeting you at the seminar! My goal is to help make teaching reading and writing in grades K-2 classrooms easier, not harder. Together we can build classrooms that are focused on creativity and academic excellence.
P.S. All of the work station ideas have been tested with grades K-2 students! I am confident that they will help lead your students to literacy success while achieving your state standards.
Who Should Attend
Educators serving students in grades K-2: Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Literacy Coaches, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- A wealth of timesaving ideas to easily implement in literacy work stations that are easy to prepare, use low-cost or no-cost materials and save classroom space
- Ideas and activities based on current research that are practical and motivating
- Ideas, tips and techniques for differentiating your literacy work stations to help K-2 students achieve or exceed your state standards
- Strategies and ideas that encourage the application of higher-order skills identified in your state standards
- Techniques to strengthen the reading and writing achievement of your grades K-2 readers and writers using differentiated strategies
- Discover online sites and activities to support your state standards
- Resources for nonfiction books to use in grades K-2 classrooms
- Tips for designing, planning, choosing, and managing appropriate learning work stations
- Work station activities that use pictures to emphasize key reading and writing skills
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with educators interested in enhancing their literacy work stations to help grades K-2 students achieve and exceed their state standards.
Sue Brady will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.