Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Increase Reading Achievement: Practical STRATEGY LESSONS and Structures to Target Your Readers' Needs (Grades K-2)
Presented by Beth Knoedelseder
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades K-2: Classroom Teachers, Title I Staff, Reading Specialists, Literacy Coaches, Special Education Staff, Interventionists, and Administrators
- Practical and innovative ways to increase the reading skills of your K-2 students using strategy lessons to teach key reading skills targeted to specific student needs
- Dozens of the latest, highly effective reading activities and strategies you can use immediately
- Timesaving strategies to organize the structure of your reading time for the greatest impact
- Receive an extensive resource handbook filled with a wealth of ideas, strategies, tips, and tools for strengthening your reading instruction
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This NEW seminar will focus on increasing the reading achievement of grades K-2 students using innovative and student-proven strategies that will work in a guided reading model or any reading program you are using. Master teacher, Beth Knoedelseder, will provide you with research-based strategies, methods and activities to help you better meet the wide range of student needs in learning to read.
Throughout this idea-packed day you will receive classroom-proven ideas for teaching reading comprehension, fluency, decoding, vocabulary, as well as numerous ways to weave reading in throughout the day to provide students more time to practice reading skills in meaningful ways that they will enjoy.
You will leave this seminar with a wealth of highly practical ideas along with a new, refreshing look at ways to bring the joy back to reading! In addition, you will receive an extensive resource handbook that will help you immediately implement all of the ideas and strategies shared when you return to your own classroom.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Practical Strategy Lessons and Structures to Target Your Readers’ Needs in Grades K-2
Practical strategies to strengthen your reading instruction and better target your students’ needs to maximize reading growth
- Create Research-Based Reading Strategy Lessons to Better Meet Students’ Needs
Gain new insights for identifying how to select text types for specific skill development … Focus on the best text for instruction purposes or independent reading
- Timesaving Ideas to Teach More in Less Time – High-Impact, Low-Prep Strategies
Save time throughout your day with these high-impact, low-prep strategies that will help you to work smarter, not harder!
- Differentiate Your Reading Instruction to Meet Specific Student Needs
Use your students’ strengths to build their reading skills … Doable strategies to fully engage your students based on how they learn best and their interest areas
- Greatly Accelerate Your Students’ Vocabulary to Increase Their Reading Development
We know that the more words you know the better you read – learn ways to catch students up and accelerate their vocabulary while pushing the more advanced students further … Interactive activities to use throughout the day
- Increase Active Discussion to Boost Overall Higher Order Thinking and Processing Skills
Specific questioning techniques to engage students in active, purposeful talk that will increase their understanding, comprehension and vocabulary … Help your students learn to question to learn and understand more
- Target Specific Instructional Needs
Use varied texts and structure to strengthen small group instruction … Practical strategies to elevate the effectiveness of your reading instruction
- New Ideas to Increase Students’ Reading Achievement
Refresh your instruction with strategies that will teach key reading skills and concepts to increase students’ retention and understanding … Ideas for all your students from the struggling to more advanced learners
- Tips and Techniques for Assessing Students for Targeted Instruction
Discover different ways to assess students formatively and keep track of their progress
- Learn New Tools and Strategies to Use for Small and Whole Group Instruction
Increase your instructional power for struggling and advanced students with research-based tools and strategies … What works in small group and whole group instruction
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Strengthen your reading instruction with strategy-based lessons to target specific reading skills
- Strategies for small group and whole group reading instruction
- Specific suggestions and ideas to strengthen your reading lessons and structures
- Formative assessment ideas for focused and targeted reading instruction
- Accelerate reading progress using specific strategies for purposeful talk to get your students thinking at higher levels
- Increase vocabulary growth for all students from the struggling to more advanced readers
- Organize and plan your reading block more efficiently for greater results
- Differentiation ideas to focus on students’ strengths and interests for greater engagement
- High-impact, low-prep strategies to do more in less time
- Creative ways to use poetry to increase fluency and comprehension
- Specific before, during and after reading strategies to increase students’ reading growth
- Creative ideas to impact student learning through music, movement and art
- Immediately useable tools and strategies to keep students engaged and ensure active participation in learning to read
- How you can use learning logs to improve student achievement
- Ways you can use mentor texts to spark deep thinking and build vocabulary
- Provide rigor and graduated difficulty to meet students at their level
- Engage all types of readers through multi-modal techniques
- Ideas for better management of anecdotal notes and qualitative data to target your reading instruction
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
I have always been proud to be an educator. My earliest memories of learning are when I sat at my mother’s side while she washed the dishes. She was my first teacher as she used unique tools and strategies to teach me skills while I thought it was just playing! As a teacher of reading, I always search for exciting and practical ideas to help my students learn in fun, highly motivating ways. I look forward to sharing these practical ideas and strategies with you!
I am excited to share with you dozens of tips, tools and student-proven strategies that I know work well to help our young, K-2 students learn to read. Regardless of what reading model or program you use, these strategies can easily fit into what you are currently doing. I will give you dozens of ideas to organize your reading time, strategies to incorporate throughout your day to make reading real for students, assessment tips and ideas, and how you can better focus on the specific reading needs of your students – whether they are struggling or advanced readers.
I hope you will join me for a fast-paced day of new, practical ideas to enhance your reading instruction in ways that will increase reading achievement and engage your students so they enjoy learning and you enjoy teaching!
P.S. You will also be receive an extensive resource handbook filled with ideas and strategies you can use immediately in your grades K-2 reading program.
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades K-2: Classroom Teachers, Title I Staff, Reading Specialists, Literacy Coaches, Special Education Staff, Interventionists, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- A bibliography of books to use as mentor texts
- Resources to enhance your reading instruction
- Tools and strategies to increase your students’ reading achievement
- Vocabulary activities and organizers to use in your reading instruction
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in increasing the reading skills of their grades K-2 students.
Beth Knoedelseder will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own reading program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.