Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Best Strategies for Helping Your Students Become Successful, Independent Readers (Grades 3-6)
Presented by Kathryn Starke
Specifically designed for Educators Working with Students in Grades 3-6: Classroom Teachers, Reading Teachers, Literacy Coaches, Intervention Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, and Administrators
- Practical strategies to ensure students in grades 3-6 become more successful, independent readers
- Engaging lessons and activities to support readers in word work, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension
- Innovative solutions that motivate students to become independent readers and thinkers
- Classroom-proven techniques to increase reading engagement and achievement
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This seminar focuses on how to more deeply motivate and engage grades 3-6 students in the most effective literacy practices that will equip them with the tools to become more successful, independent readers. In this outstanding NEW seminar, nationally-recognized literacy consultant and presenter, Kathryn Starke, will share dozens of high-interest lessons, activities and ideas to support students in grades 3-6 in all levels of reading.
She will provide the most effective classroom-proven strategies used in schools across the country to increase engagement and reading rates. Kathryn uses research-based evidence and innovative solutions to support reading development in word work, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension. You will leave with an extensive reading resource handbook that will help you implement these strategies immediately when you return to your classroom.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Equip Your Students with Essential Reading Strategies Needed to Become More Successful, Independent Readers
Help your students become successful, independent readers â€¦ Here’s how
- Accelerate the Reading Success for Students in Grades 3-6 at All Reading Levels
Acquire a variety of highly-effective strategies to enhance the reading achievement of each student in your classroom
- Increase Reading Engagement
Outstanding strategies to increase reading engagement
- Utilize New, Innovative Ideas to Reach All Readers
Use effective strategies that match the interest and reading levels of students in grades 3-6
- Maximize Literacy Skills to Increase Reading Results in Grades 3-6
Learn practical ways to teach students how to more successfully read a variety of texts
- Establish Highly-Effective Reading Routines that Help Students Become More Independent Readers and Thinkers
Develop structures that encourage students to independently use skills and strategies in reading
- Strengthen Student Reading Knowledge in Word Work, Fluency, Vocabulary, and Comprehension
Include lessons and activities that match the components of developmental reading research
- Implement Purposeful Literacy Experiences that Support Students in Independent Reading
Develop lesson plans, routines, structures, and activities that give students the skills to thrive as an independent reader
- Enhance Literacy Lessons with Motivational Pieces to Increase Reading Engagement
Add components to whole group or small group reading lessons to motivate all readers
- Receive an Extensive Reading Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a comprehensive reading resource handbook chock full of classroom-ready materials for immediate use in your reading program for students in grades 3-6
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Classroom-proven strategies that help students in grades 3-6 become more successful, independent readers
- Easy-to implement reading strategies for use throughout your literacy block
- Practical ways to engage students in word work, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension
- Differentiated reading lessons to match the interest, knowledge, and reading levels of each student
- Motivational tips to get students excited about learning to read and, in turn, reading to learn
- Timesaving tools to better assess the literacy growth and progression for all students
- Innovative concepts to increase engagement at any reading level
- Creative lessons, activities and graphic organizers to instantly implement into your language arts block
- Specific methods to meet the needs of readers at any level
- Purpose-driven assignments that engage students in whole group instruction, guided reading instruction or independent work
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
I know from my experiences as an elementary teacher, reading teacher and literacy coach that reading is one of the most complex subjects to teach with often the least amount of support. Fortunately there is now a considerable body of research we can draw from that clarifies the most effective reading strategies based on real evidence from real classrooms.
In this seminar, I am excited to share the most effective instructional strategies that will help your students become more successful, independent readers. I guarantee you will walk away with many new, innovative ways to help your students become more deeply engaged in the reading process. I will share with you practical lessons and activities to support your grades 3-6 students in the areas of word work, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension. You will also be inspired to create your own unique plans to design a classroom environment that promotes and supports independent readers and lifelong learners.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar.
P.S. You will receive an extensive resource handbook filled with innovative ideas, lessons, and activities ready to implement in your classroom the next day!
Who Should Attend
Educators Working with Students in Grades 3-6: Classroom Teachers, Reading Teachers, Literacy Coaches, Intervention Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Reading Instruction Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive reading instruction resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Highly-effective reading lessons to support independent readers in grades 3-6
- Engaging activities to increase reading knowledge in word work, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension
- Motivational ideas to instantly implement throughout your language arts block
- Practical tools to help students foster a love of literacy
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their reading instruction.
Kathryn Starke will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own reading program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.