Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
RESPONSE TO INTERVENTION
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades 3-6: Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Reading Specialists, Interventionists, Resource Teachers, Title I Staff, Instructional Aides, and Administrators
- Practical methods for using Guided Reading strategies in the Response to Intervention process to strengthen reading achievement in grades 3-6
- Highly effective RTI intervention strategies and progress monitoring techniques that coordinate with guided reading
- Realistic methods for adjusting small group instruction based on students’ needs discovered in the RTI process
- Classroom-proven techniques and activities to keep the rest of the class functioning independently and productively while the teacher works with guided reading groups
- Demonstrations, displays and an extensive resource handbook designed to assist you in implementing successful small group reading instruction using an RTI model
If you are looking for practical ways for integrating guided reading into the RTI process, then this exciting, NEW seminar is for you. Using the latest research on the best practices for teaching reading and her many years of classroom experience, Mary Peterson will provide you with proven strategies, ideas and activities to help you integrate the effectiveness of guided reading into the Response to Intervention model. Mary will pack the day with innovative ideas and creative activities that you can take back to your classroom and implement immediately to increase the reading achievement of your grades 3-6 students.
Join Mary for an outstanding opportunity to design and implement powerful, highly effective guided reading lessons based on the frequent monitoring built into the RTI method. And to assist you in monitoring student progress, Mary will show realistic techniques and tools for assessing your students on an ongoing basis.
To support your efforts when you return to your classroom, you will be given an extensive resource handbook filled with timesaving ideas proven to maximize your effectiveness in meeting the diverse needs of your students and accelerating their reading achievement.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Positively Impact Your Students’ Progress and Learning in Literacy
Learn powerful methods for providing “just right” literacy instruction for all your students using guided reading and RTI strategies
- Intervene with Your Students Before They Fall Too Far Behind
Discover innovative techniques and tools to help you find and work with struggling students before they fall too far behind . . . What you can do to identify and reach these students earlier and more effectively before they need to be considered for special education
- Use RTI Interventions in Guided Reading Lessons to Accelerate Student Learning
Match specific interventions to student needs to immediately impact reading skills . . . Practical steps for implementing these interventions without taking more planning or instruction time
- Effectively Link Assessment and Guided Reading Instruction
Ready-to-use methods for adjusting instruction based on your students’ clearly identified needs . . . Highly effective ways to positively intervene with your students and boost their literacy learning BEFORE they fall too far behind
- Coordinate the “Tiered” Intervention Model with Your Guided Reading Instruction
Learn how the tiers apply to your guided reading instruction and plan interventions for students that will have the most impact on their reading achievement
- New Ways to Use Guided Reading to Differentiate Instruction in Tier 1
Strengthen your guided reading instruction with outstanding classroom-tested techniques that will address the diverse needs of your students . . . Acquire powerful intervention techniques that will make a significant difference in your efforts to prevent reading failure
- Take Your Guided Reading Instruction to the Next Level
Discover new ways to organize, manage and lead your RTI guided reading groups . . . Provide targeted instruction to increase student learning in grades 3-6
- Manage and Organize Your Literacy Centers for Maximum Benefit
Learn easy-to-implement methods and center activities that will keep all your students productive and engaged while you work with guided reading groups . . . Creative, new center ideas that will save you time
- Provide Practical, Research-Based Intervention Strategies Perfect for Guided Reading
Proven interventions that really work and are easily implemented in a guided reading format . . . Realistic ways to differentiate instruction efficiently and effectively
- Receive an Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook packed with practical strategies, activities and materials – all ready for immediate use when you return to your classroom
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- How to intervene with students before they fall too far behind in their literacy development
- Outstanding ways to enhance the effectiveness of the RTI process by using your guided reading program
- The key components necessary for implementing a successful RTI program in your classroom
- Highly effective ways to boost student learning using targeted interventions in a guided reading format
- How to use RTI methods to support your students who need extra help in reading
- Simple, time-efficient methods for documenting and monitoring student progress as necessary for RTI
- How to integrate reading lessons into the RTI framework
- Practical ideas for keeping the rest of the class engaged in independent reading and writing activities while you work with small guided reading groups
- Strategies for increasing comprehension through research-based vocabulary instruction
- Innovative ideas for incorporating the most recent brain and learning research to enhance your guided reading lessons
- How to improve students’ reading skills (and test scores!) through differentiated instructional lessons designed specifically for grades 3-6
- Creative lessons and activities that will motivate even your most reluctant students
- How to utilize RTI methods in conjunction with guided reading to support your students who need extra help in reading
- What to do if more interventions are necessary
- Outstanding methods to take your literacy instruction to an even more effective level
- How to design “just right” interventions that will have the most positive impact on their learning for all students in grades 3-6
- Highly practical ideas for using RTI in a guided reading format to improve literacy learning in grades 3-6 – whether you are at the beginning stages of implementation or are experienced at using RTI
A Message From Your Seminar Leader, Mary Peterson
We all understand the long-term impact when our students fail to make progress in their literacy learning. We recognize the importance of early identification of students at risk of failure and work hard to support and strengthen instruction BEFORE the gap widens and students are labeled as being deficient. We know that our role is critical in both preventing and addressing school failure. Response to Intervention (RTI) is now a proven framework for helping us lead all of our students to reading achievement because it is designed as a preventive and intervention approach. RTI is being recognized as one of the most effective tools available to us for addressing the academic needs of students BEFORE they fall behind their peers and accelerate their progress when they do.
RTI has raised many concerns. We wonder about the tiers and how the process will impact an already-full day. We are uncertain how to select the most effective intervention techniques for each student and know if that technique is working. Many of us have established a highly effective guided reading program and wonder how RTI fits into our schedules.
I have designed this seminar to specifically address the issue of integrating the RTI process and the guided reading program you have worked so hard to establish. I will answer your questions and provide you with the tools and techniques you need to successfully integrate RTI and guided reading to help increase the reading achievement of all your students in grades 3-6. I will share dozens of classroom-proven intervention strategies that work especially well in guided reading lessons and that will address the wide variations in achievement within even small group instruction. I will share simple, time-efficient methods for identifying the specific needs of your students and then give you the tools you need to intervene. In addition, I will provide you with engaging activities and ideas for keeping the rest of the class working productively as you focus on working with a small group.
Please join me in a fast-paced, information-packed day filled with practical ideas for integrating RTI and guided reading to help us ensure that all of our students become successful readers. My goal is for you to leave with a wealth of research-based strategies that you can use immediately when you return to your classroom.
P.S. If you want practical strategies to significantly increase your students’ reading achievement and ready-to-use methods to help you successfully incorporate your guided reading program into the RTI process, this seminar is for you!
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades 3-6: Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Reading Specialists, Interventionists, Resource Teachers, Title I Staff, Instructional Aides, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive the extensive resource handbook, RESPONSE TO INTERVENTION: Using Guided Reading with RTI Intervention Strategies to Increase Reading Achievement (Grades 3-6), specifically designed for this seminar. Included in the handbook are:
- A wealth of practical, ready-to-use strategies to increase your students’ reading achievement
- Dozens of ways to easily provide powerful, differentiated guided reading instruction that will enhance your existing program
- Games, activities, lesson plans, and copy-ready pages for immediate implementation
- Powerful before, during and after reading activities for group and independent learning
- Research-based techniques to help all students read with confidence and competence
Materials on Display
As a participant at the seminar, you will have the opportunity to view student work samples and literacy games. You may want to bring a camera!
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a great opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators seeking practical ideas for strengthening reading achievement in grades 3-6.
Mary Peterson will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions about the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.