Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Advanced Guided Reading Strategies:
New, Practical Ideas to Strengthen and Enhance Your Guided Reading Instruction (Grades 1-3)
Presented by Cindy Merrilees
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades 1-3: Classroom Teachers, Resource Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff Members, Reading Specialists, Instructional Aides, and Administrators
- Practical and ready-to-use advanced guided reading strategies to maximize your students’ reading skills and achievement
- Take your guided reading instruction to the next level with dozens of practical tools and innovative ideas you can try immediately
- Make the most of your small group reading instruction using research-based techniques
- Outstanding ideas, video segments, book titles, and classroom-proven techniques for using guided reading to differentiate instruction and build your students’ comprehension skills
- Receive an extensive guided reading resource handbook to strengthen the reading skills of all your students
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Join outstanding presenter Cindy Merrilees in an idea-packed seminar that will take the basics of guided reading to a more advanced and enhanced level. Cindy will inspire you with classroom-proven strategies, ideas and techniques designed to move your existing guided reading program to the next level without making things more complicated!
She will share the most current and effective research-based guided reading strategies to help increase your students’ reading achievement. You will discover effective guided reading lessons that go beyond the basics to more advanced strategies and techniques that will increase your students’ fluency, vocabulary and comprehension.
In addition, Cindy will use video clips filmed in real classrooms with real students modeling many of the strategies presented in the seminar. Cindy will share, from a practitioner’s point of view, specific techniques to help all your students use good reading strategies.
You’ll leave with numerous practical, classroom-proven strategies and an extensive resource handbook to help you implement these valuable techniques in your own primary classroom.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Enhance Your Current Guided Reading Program with Advanced Guided Reading Strategies
Highly effective ways to maximize the effectiveness of your guided reading instruction ... Practical techniques to better meet your students’ needs
- Video Clips that Demonstrate Highly Effective Reading Strategies
See the latest research-based strategies to make guided reading most beneficial for students ... Demonstrations by real teachers working with real students
- Use Advanced Guided Reading Strategies to Differentiate Instruction
Strengthen your guided reading instruction with outstanding techniques that address the diverse needs of your students ... Challenge your high-achieving readers and meet the needs of those who struggle
- Take a Fresh Look at Teaching Comprehension and Vocabulary Strategies
Practical activities that build vocabulary and comprehension skills for grades 1-3 ... Practical, effective techniques to maximize learning and retention
- Plan the Most Effective Mini-Lessons
Discover powerful, new strategies for teaching reading skills in a mini-lesson format ... Specific lessons designed to introduce, extend and reinforce critical reading skills
- Incorporate the Most Current Research on Effective Reading Instruction
Learn practical, proven strategies to put the most current research to work in your classroom ... Use guided reading to implement best practices
- Use a Variety of Reading Materials and Titles to Expand Students’ Reading Experiences
How to easily incorporate a variety of titles and reading materials into your existing guided reading program ... Maximize the materials and books you already have in your classroom
- Discover Unique Ways to Connect Reading Skills to Writing Skills
Incorporate powerful reading journal prompts and springboards that support students in drafting written responses to text ... Utilize guided reading groups to connect reading and writing
- Take Your Guided Reading Instruction to the Next Level
Discover new ways to organize, manage and maximize the effectiveness of your guided reading groups ... Provide outstanding instruction in ways that make the most sense
- Receive an Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook packed with valuable strategies and techniques ... All ideas are highly practical and ready to use in your grades 1-3 classrooms
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Increase your students’ reading skills through advanced guided reading strategies
- Outstanding ways to strengthen your current guided reading program
- Practical tips you can use immediately to meet your students’ needs without increasing your workload
- Effective mini-lesson format to strengthen your reading instruction
- New ways to differentiate instruction through guided reading
- Practical, effective techniques to maximize comprehension skills and vocabulary development
- How to use current research and implement best practices in your guided reading instruction
- Specific strategies to teach comprehension skills using a variety of children’s literature
- Tips for helping students respond to text through reading journals
- Creative ideas for using guided reading to motivate reluctant readers
- Powerful techniques to move beyond literacy centers and incorporate independent reading activities
- How to incorporate lesson plans that make the most of your guided reading schedule
- New ways to manage and organize the rest of the class while you work with guided reading groups
- Practical tips to maximize the effectiveness of flexible grouping
- Before, during and after reading strategies to use with your existing guided reading materials
- Multiple ways to use excellent, motivating books to teach essential reading skills and strategies
- Outstanding teaching techniques to take your guided reading instruction to the next level
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Are you looking for more advanced strategies to enhance and strengthen your guided reading instruction? Are you ready to move beyond the basics to more advanced strategies and techniques? If you’ve been using guided reading and are looking for new advanced ideas, this seminar is for you!
During our day together, we will focus on practical ways to successfully take guided reading to the next level in your classroom to increase reading achievement for your students. I will share ways to incorporate current, research-based small group lessons, including the key components of an effective guided reading lesson. We’ll look at assessment and how it translates into using the right book with the right student.
There will be dozens of ideas and strategies that will fit into your existing guided reading program including:
- Highly practical management and organizational techniques that will maximize the effectiveness of your current guided reading program
- Ideas to motivate and engage even your reluctant readers
- Strategies for increasing your students’ reading comprehension
- Ways to engage the rest of the class while you work with guided reading groups
- Outstanding teaching techniques that will take your guided reading instruction to the next level
You will leave this seminar with new and improved ways of implementing a comprehensive guided reading program to help all your students become better readers! I look forward to meeting you there!
P.S. All the ideas I give you will be practical and realistic strategies that are proven to work with students in grades 1-3!
Who Should Attend
Educators serving grades 1-3: Classroom Teachers, Resource Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff Members, Reading Specialists, Instructional Aides, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. Included in the handbook are:
- Dozens of practical tools and unique strategies to take your guided reading instruction to the next level
- Specific, classroom-proven techniques to differentiate instruction in order to meet the diverse needs of all your students
- Practical, research-based ways to get big results from small group reading
- Detailed descriptions of innovative ways to maximize the effectiveness of your guided reading instruction
- A bibliography of books that work well with a wide range of students
Meet and Share
This seminar provides an excellent opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in using advanced guided reading strategies.
Cindy Merrilees will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.