Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Best-Practice GUIDED READING Strategies to Maximize the Effectiveness of Your Reading Instruction (Grades K-2)
Presented by Karen Krey
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades K-2: Classroom Teachers, Title I Staff, Reading Specialists, Literacy Coaches, Special Education Staff, Interventionists, and Administrators
- Maximize the power of guided reading using purposeful and productive strategies for dramatic reading growth in grades K-2 whether teaching online or in-person
- Increase the learning potential in your small group, focused reading instruction and guide students using gradual release of responsibility
- Research-based strategies that incorporate hands-on, minds-on learning and practice of reading skills at independent literacy centers
- Numerous classroom video segments, dozens of ideas and a digital resource handbook filled with strategies you can use in your own guided reading program immediately
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This seminar will focus on significantly enhancing your guided reading program using research-based reading practices and engagement strategies that will focus your students on the serious business of learning to read … and keep the joy of reading at the forefront whether you are teaching in-person, online or in a hybrid setting! Highly experienced teacher, literacy leader, trainer and instructional reading coach, Karen Krey, will provide you with current, best practices, methods and activities to help you more effectively meet the needs of our next generation students. These ready-to-use ideas will give you a fresh framework to better support all your students as they reach higher levels of success in their reading and increase students' ability to verbalize their learning to internalize and cement key reading skills.
During this interactive seminar, Karen will share only the strategies she has used with success in her own work, including ideas for comprehension, developing vocabulary, interactive phonics appropriate to students' individual levels, and fluency building strategies. Leave with a wealth of highly practical ideas, strategies and activities to incorporate into your reading program. If you are committed to provide the best possible literacy opportunities for each of your students, you won't want to miss this day!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Strategies! Strategies! Strategies! Strengthen Your Guided Reading Program in Grades K-2
Innovative strategies that will elevate the effectiveness of guided reading and small group instruction to help your students to achieve maximum reading growth whether you're working in-person or online
- Maximize the Power of Guided Reading Using Purposeful and Productive Strategies for Dramatic Reading Growth in Grades K-2
Dozens of proven guided reading strategies to increase students' reading achievement … Put the most current research into your guided reading practices
- Powerful Strategies for Delivering High-Impact Mini-Lessons
Learn what is best taught in mini-lessons and how to strengthen the impact of each mini-lesson … How to make every minute count whether teaching online or in-person!
- Elevate and Maximize the Benefits of Your Small, Focused Guided Reading Groups
Classroom-proven reading activities to maximize all your students' learning potential while encouraging gradual release of responsibility
- Observe Model Experiences of Guided Reading Instruction
Learn guided reading strategies that enhance student engagement with the benefit of watching them as they are implemented in a modeling experience … Move from theory to practice
- Discover How to Maximize Independent Work Stations
How you can nudge and move students to working independently … Discover powerful literacy center ideas that will keep your students reading and writing the entire time
- What is Academic Discourse and How Does it Impact Students' Reading Achievement
Learn how to get your students talking about what they read and write whether online or in-person … Why it's so important to teach students the skill of talking to help cement their learning
- Differentiate to Significantly Increase Reading Achievement for ALL Students
Meet your students at their level of learning and how they learn best … Better meet the needs of all levels from the struggling to the more advanced readers
- Videos of Guided Reading Strategies in Action
View and discuss videos that show teachers implementing the guided reading strategies with students … Watch how it's done!
- Receive an Extensive K-2 Guided Reading Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook packed with valuable strategies and techniques … All ideas are easy to implement and ready for immediate use whether you're working in-person or online
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Significantly enhance your current guided reading instruction to increase students' success
- Dozens of best-practice guided reading strategies to maximize the effectiveness of your K-2 guided reading program whether online or in-person
- Practical and specific suggestions as well as a wealth of sample materials
- Specific strategies that result in increased reading fluency
- Developmentally appropriate phonics activities to strengthen decoding and word work
- Increase students' comprehension with engaging vocabulary activities whether online or in-person
- Learn unique ways to build students' academic discourse – key to reading growth
- Differentiated instructional techniques that won't take hours to plan
- Specific ways to teach comprehension skills for fiction and nonfiction text
- Easily implemented ideas to help students respond to literature through writing
- Powerful strategies for delivering effective and high-impact mini-lessons whether online or in-person
- Creative and doable ideas to engage your students in independent work stations
- Multiple ways to use motivating books to teach essential reading skills and strategies
- Innovative ideas that move students from shared reading to guided reading and independent practice
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
"A motivated teacher is an inspiring, engaging, passionate, and amazing human being!" – Ty Howard
That teacher is YOU and I can't wait to meet you at this interactive and strategy-packed day focused on raising the reading achievement of all your K-2 students! If you are looking for proven, best practices, research-based strategies and engaging techniques that will increase your students' reading skills and keep the joy of reading at the forefront, you won't want to miss this day with colleagues who are just like you!
During our day together, you will collect ideas and strategies to change, adapt and/or tweak your current guided reading program for dramatic results. Powerful engagement strategies, easy but effective reading tools, interactive and developmentally appropriate phonics activities, fluency-building work, academic discourse frames, and much more will all be shared.
This seminar will help clarify how you can better reach your students in-person and online in small, guided reading groups while keeping the rest of your students actively practicing the work of reading in literacy centers and/or independent work stations. The day will include opportunities to reflect on your current practices, keep what works, and define next steps that are sure to re-energize you and give you new tools to take back and immediately use! All the strategies I share are practical, easy-to-implement, and classroom proven to increase the reading achievement of all your K-2 students!
P.S. You will also receive the extensive digital resource handbook I wrote specifically for this seminar that is filled with the ideas and strategies we will cover, along with other amazing suggestions to explore on your own!
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades K-2: Classroom Teachers, Title I Staff, Reading Specialists, Literacy Coaches, Special Education Staff, Interventionists, and Administrators
Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Practical, ready-to-use strategies to engage your K-2 readers with hands-on, minds-on activities great for in-person or online learning
- Multiple ways to easily provide support for academic discourse during guided reading and work stations
- Games, ideas and activities on copy-ready pages for immediate implementation
- Powerful before, during and after research-based activities that reinforce next generation literacy skills
- Research-based techniques to help all students read with confidence and competence
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in maximizing the effectiveness of their grades K-2 guided reading programs.
Karen Krey will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own guided reading program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.